What video games have you been playing?

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, batman said:

Nier Automata blew my mind. That one is going to stick w/ me for a while.

That game is fuckin’ incredible. Supposedly comin to Xbox this year as well. 

I’ve been going hard on Ni No Kuni 2 and Fallout 4. Definitely going for the platinum trophy on Fallout. I love every excuse to play more of those games, even if it does mean doing a ton of that bullshit settlement building. 

Gaming PC died a few months ago and due to the stupid GPU prices thanks to cryptominers I had to just suck it up and use my 8 year old Macbook, one person can only replay Half Life and Duke Nukem so many times before going insane.  GPU prices finally got close to normalcy, so I said fuck it and rebuilt the rig this week and can finally dive into games I couldn't run on the old system.

So the last few days I've been playing Shadow Warrior 2 and enjoying the hell out of it.  Loved the first but I may actually like this one more.

• 3 weeks later...

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Pokemon quest on Switch, was playing Bayonetta 2, but I don't think I love it so I put it down for a while.

Picked up Nioh and Titanfall 2 for super cheap last PS sale too.

Been playing Nioh, and I hear the multiplayer for Titanfall is unfortunately pretty dead, but that the single player is ok. for $7 or whatever it was I don't think I'll have too many issues if I only get a few hours out of it though.

Getting pretty excited for Mario Tennis :)

Edited by Ishtar

5 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Pokemon quest on Switch, was playing Bayonetta 2, but I don't think I love it so I put it down for a while.

Picked up Nioh and Titanfall 2 for super cheap last PS sale too.

Been playing Nioh, and I hear the multiplayer for Titanfall is unfortunately pretty dead, but that the single player is ok. for $7 or whatever it was I don't think I'll have too many issues if I only get a few hours out of it though.

Getting pretty excited for Mario Tennis :)

Damn haven’t played a DK game since Donkey Kong 64. How is Tropical Freeze?

14 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Damn haven’t played a DK game since Donkey Kong 64. How is Tropical Freeze?

Super fun! It's also pretty challenging (especially the bonus levels). Highly recommended. A lot of people were complaining about it being full price as a port from Wii u, but I got 20% off anyway and had never played it.

8 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Super fun! It's also pretty challenging (especially the bonus levels). Highly recommended. A lot of people were complaining about it being full price as a port from Wii u, but I got 20% off anyway and had never played it.

Platformers were never usually my thing, but after I played Cuphead I’ve been more inclined to try them. Will probably wait for a sale for DK but sounds like it’ll be fun!

1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

Platformers were never usually my thing, but after I played Cuphead I’ve been more inclined to try them. Will probably wait for a sale for DK but sounds like it’ll be fun!

I think you'll like it. Probably quite a bit less challenging than cuphead, but still relatively tough. Some levels are MegaMan level difficulty or harder.

1 hour ago, Dillhole said:

Tomb Raider (2013), finished that and rolled right into Rise Of The Tomb Raider.  Somehow those games flew in under my radar when new but they are wicked good!

And with the Steam sale going right now on I'll be stocking up for quite some time.

Can't wait for the new Tombraider! Played the last two and really enjoyed them

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Still Fortnite, but getting bored, so I will probably be done after this season. I just downloaded Nier: Automata for the One, but have yet to start it. Will try tonight. I am also excited about the new Tomb Raider, first two were great.

Let me know what you think about Nier. I keep thinking about getting it.

Playing Nioh right now. Fun, but frustrating. I definitely get more angry at this game than at the Souls games.

24 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Let me know what you think about Nier. I keep thinking about getting it.

Playing Nioh right now. Fun, but frustrating. I definitely get more angry at this game than at the Souls games.

Will do. I wanted to play it when I still had a PS4, just never did. Never tried the Souls games, or any similar. Matt's got platinum on all of them. Crazy guy.

10 hours ago, museummouth said:

Speaking of the Souls games, I just finished DS1 remastered (at least one play through of it). Never played much of DS2 but I started the remastered one and wow it’s not very good. It just doesn’t feel right it’s hard to explain. 

If it's hard to explain then it isn't a thing :P

Not related (ha) but finished off the remastered Platinum a few days ago. It's been such a long time since I played it that my memory made getting it seem harder than it actually was. I just need to plat Scholar of the First Sin for all 7 but that game isn't very fun.