What video games have you been playing?

I bought Wild Guns reloaded for the Nintendo Switch earlier for $5 used at Bullmoose and I don't even own the console. I have the original cartridge of Wild Guns for SNES and can sell that for around $300 give or take which would basically fund a Switch.  I want to play Super Mario and Smash when that comes out and there's a few other games I wouldn't mind getting like Pokken Tournament and Donkey Kong. If anyone here owns one or has played it, do you think it's a good console?? 

48 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I bought Wild Guns reloaded for the Nintendo Switch earlier for $5 used at Bullmoose and I don't even own the console. I have the original cartridge of Wild Guns for SNES and can sell that for around $300 give or take which would basically fund a Switch.  I want to play Super Mario and Smash when that comes out and there's a few other games I wouldn't mind getting like Pokken Tournament and Donkey Kong. If anyone here owns one or has played it, do you think it's a good console?? 

Yup, that game Octopath Traveller is a great game only on Switch. DK is super fun and the megaman x collection is great to have on the go.

15 hours ago, pizza face said:

Yeah but I honestly wouldn’t bother with Pokken or DK. F you must play them, I understand cuz I had to as well but I regret spending the money on both of them. Played DK for like three hours and traded it in. 

The console is great, 99% of the exclusive are pretty great. IMO, the best game on the Switch is Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle. It’s fuckin’ incredible. 

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah but I honestly wouldn’t bother with Pokken or DK. F you must play them, I understand cuz I had to as well but I regret spending the money on both of them. Played DK for like three hours and traded it in. 

The console is great, 99% of the exclusive are pretty great. IMO, the best game on the Switch is Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle. It’s fuckin’ incredible. 

I agree with Pokken not being worth it probaby, but DK is one of the best platformers out there! Yer crazy :)

58 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I agree with Pokken not being worth it probaby, but DK is one of the best platformers out there! Yer crazy :)

I hardly have the patience for platformers anymore lol. Loved Super Mario Odyssey but I’m terrible at DK to be completely honest. Have been since DK Country came out on SNES. 

19 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I hardly have the patience for platformers anymore lol. Loved Super Mario Odyssey but I’m terrible at DK to be completely honest. Have been since DK Country came out on SNES. 

Word, totally reasonable. It's one of the few types of games I've found I've gotten better at as I age, so I might actually love platformers now more than I did as a kid. I've gotten terrible at FPS games though.

5 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Word, totally reasonable. It's one of the few types of games I've found I've gotten better at as I age, so I might actually love platformers now more than I did as a kid. I've gotten terrible at FPS games though.

Opposite for me. I’m pretty good at shooters, and I can build an OP combat-centric character in an RPG like a champ, but platformers and fighting games are my kryptonite. 

29 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Really loving the new Spider-Man game.  You can tell it was MAJORLY influenced by the Batman Arkham games.  

Awesome.  I loved Arkham Knight, but haven’t gotten to City or Asylum yet even though I bought them awhile back.

I’ve been all Fallout 4 recently.  I’m trying to 100% on PS4.  Almost there at 92.

Spidey rules. Can’t decide if I’ll stick around for the cash grab DLC or just sell it after I get the plat. 

Workig through Octopath at the same time as Spidey has been breaking me down. I just met Ophilia, working through her first chapter. I’m four or five levels above the recommendation for each new area so that’s been helpful. 

5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Spidey rules. Can’t decide if I’ll stick around for the cash grab DLC or just sell it after I get the plat. 

Workig through Octopath at the same time as Spidey has been breaking me down. I just met Ophilia, working through her first chapter. I’m four or five levels above the recommendation for each new area so that’s been helpful. 

I picked up...one of the characters pretty early on and one of their skills is to halve random encounters. Made it a little harder and helped me not overlevel, but you have to keep them in your party.

Can't remember who it was though.

Edited by Ishtar

8 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I picked up...one of the characters pretty early on and one of their skills is to halve random encounters. Made it a little harder and helped me not overlevel, but you have to keep them in your party.

Can't remember who it was though.

I would be fucked in that instance. My only chance of survival is overpowering myself.

17 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I would be fucked in that instance. My only chance of survival is overpowering myself.

Ah, gotcha. I may end up dropping him from my party, but for the first bit I'm going to see how things go. I've had trouble coming back to playing it for some reason (even the switch in general). Pretty soon I'll probably pick it up again.

1 hour ago, King of Nails said:

That’s what is really turning me off of this game. 

Really?  I loved those games and I like Spiderman way more than Batman. I'm holding off on picking this up for a while because of my backlog of games, but I'm super excited about it.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ishtar said:

Really?  I loved those games and I like Spiderman way more than Batman. I'm holding off on picking this up for a while because of my backlog of games, but I'm super excited about it.

I think it’s mostly because I just played through Asylum/City within the past month.