What video games have you been playing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 1:20 PM, FiggyPud said:

Got me a Switch yesterday.  Not sure what to do with it until December 7th though lol.

Mario Kart 8, Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Retro City Rampage, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, etc

Loads of games with plenty of hours of fun that will last you well beyond December 7th. Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, wisdom81 said:

Mario Kart 8, Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Retro City Rampage, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, etc

Loads of games with plenty of hours of fun that will last you well beyond December 7th. Enjoy!

Had Mario Kart 8 and Zelda for the Wii U, so I’m not positive I want to grab those again.  Not sure if I’ll have the patience for Hollow Knight.  I’ve been thinking about grabbing Golf Story actually.  Not really a fan of turn-based RPG’s but it look like an interesting take on them.

2 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Had Mario Kart 8 and Zelda for the Wii U, so I’m not positive I want to grab those again.  Not sure if I’ll have the patience for Hollow Knight.  I’ve been thinking about grabbing Golf Story actually.  Not really a fan of turn-based RPG’s but it look like an interesting take on them.

Golf Story is fun :) Also a great game for Mobile Switch. I've found myself playing Golf Story on more trips/flights than the more robust/action oriented stuff like Zelda/Mario/Bayonetta. It's a great chill game.

Also - I might be missing something - but it's not a turn-based RPG. It's exploration mixed with low graphic golf - there's some fetch/interaction missions and stuff as you progress, and some dialogue/story. But the only "turn-based" parts are 1v1s against NPCs where you watch their shot, then take yours if you're furthest from the pin, like regular golf rules.

Edited by rooks

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Golf Story is fun :) Also a great game for Mobile Switch. I've found myself playing Golf Story on more trips/flights than the more robust/action oriented stuff like Zelda/Mario/Bayonetta. It's a great chill game.

Also - I might be missing something - but it's not a turn-based RPG. It's exploration mixed with low graphic golf - there's some fetch/interaction missions and stuff as you progress, and some dialogue/story. But the only "turn-based" parts are 1v1s against NPCs where you watch their shot, then take yours if you're furthest from the pin, like regular golf rules.

Thanks for the info!  I was under the impression it was turn-based in someway.  Not sure why.   But yeah I was thinking it'd be a great game to play on the go whenever I get a chance.

16 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Thanks for the info!  I was under the impression it was turn-based in someway.  Not sure why.   But yeah I was thinking it'd be a great game to play on the go whenever I get a chance.

If you like stuff like old school Mario Golf it's great. Spin, clubs, power, blah blah all those basics. Courses are fun. The writing is funny or skippable if not into it (sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not). The extra story and the minigames\objectives break up the play in a nice way. 

On 10/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, Thomas³ said:

Speed running Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the hardest difficulty to get my last achievement. Not sure what to play next, debating Oblivion.

How are you liking it? I'm playing Rise right now and I'll get Shadow next. I heard there's a lot less combat which surprises me because I didn't think there was a ton of it in Rise.

2 hours ago, dethrock said:

How are you liking it? I'm playing Rise right now and I'll get Shadow next. I heard there's a lot less combat which surprises me because I didn't think there was a ton of it in Rise.

I'm kind of glad. The original Tomb Raider was more about exploring and solving puzzles than fighting. I'd love to see it be more of a puzzler than an action game.

Haven't played it yet, and definitely enjoyed the first two games in the reboot, but I still hope what you said it correct.

11 hours ago, dethrock said:

It's great. There is less combat, and a lot of it should be done stealthfully but it's not bad. Story is a great close to the "trilogy"

My ps4 controller has been broken and I've been bored so I got Steam on my Mac, mainly cause I've been wanting to play Lisa: The Painful, and I loved it. DLC was cool too but not as good as the main game. I also got Hollow Knight, I died in the Mantas village and haven't played since, lol. I've been buying whatevers on sale, best games I picked up so far were Botanicula, Life Goes On and Badlands. I have Guacamelee and This War of Mine but haven't played them yet, will probably get to them soon. 

I've also been addicted to Town of Salem, I played it a long time ago and just got back into it.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:49 PM, Thomas³ said:

Fuck Shadow of the Tomb Raider on hard. It's not hard, but the climbing can be so glitchy in the game. Played for an hour, died climbing. Done.

The climbing has always been my least favorite part of those reboots. That goes for Breath of the Wild too, fuck that noise.

As much as I hated not being able to climb everything in HZD, at least it was tough to fall in the spots you could climb.

10 hours ago, Ishtar said:

The climbing has always been my least favorite part of those reboots. That goes for Breath of the Wild too, fuck that noise.

As much as I hated not being able to climb everything in HZD, at least it was tough to fall in the spots you could climb.

At least it's better than Uncharted. That shit was the worst climbing ever.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:11 AM, Thomas³ said:

I haven't played Call of Duty since Black OPs one. Friends convinced me to buy Black OPs 4. Worst decision ever. Game is shit, complete shit. Waste of my $60.

What don’t you like about it? I think Blackout (battle royale mode) is really fun and I also like the multiplayer modes, but this is the first Black Ops game I’ve ever bought, I’ve only bought COD World War 2 based games before. 

8 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

What don’t you like about it? I think Blackout (battle royale mode) is really fun and I also like the multiplayer modes, but this is the first Black Ops game I’ve ever bought, I’ve only bought COD World War 2 based games before. 

Blackout is a poor BR game. A lot need fixed to make it ok. Why when you shoot someone in the head, it breaks their armor? Armor buffs are still all over the place. Multiplayer, the gun play is terrible. You have face someone with the same gun and attachments, and you die in less bullets. The operate moves can be game breaking and annoying, The spawns are terrible. I've spawned with the enemy and died right away too many times to count. I'm half asleep, so not sure if I'm making sense.