What video games have you been playing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:47 PM, andables said:

is there a thread to discuss up coming and existing limited pressing video games, or does that/should that just roll up into this thread?  whats everyone's thoughts?

You talking Limited Run or Super Rare type stuff I assume? I don’t like LRG so much but the rest don’t bother me. LRG seems to charge a huge premium for games that are usually already the free featured games for the month on PS4/Xbox. And they’re pretty bad about fulfilling preorders in a timely fashion. The open preorders they’ve been doing are a step in the right direction tho.

I’m a big fan of Nicalis games. Never super limited or anything, but they also come with extra goodies in the box like a manual, mini-CD soundtrack or something else. Usually

only the first print run will have the extras. 

• 1 month later...

Anybody get the Mario Kart Tour beta? I'm enjoying it a lot so far, even though they made it very easy. Some people are complaining about micro-transactions but the game is very playable without and I've yet to see a major phone game not with micro-transactions. Only major gripe is that certain characters do better on certain tracks which may encourage some pay-to-win type bullshit but we'll see when the full game comes out.

12 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Anybody else get an email about the Nioh 2 closed alpha demo? I'm gonna try to crack into that pup this weekend if I can. Loved the first game even though it had its flaws, hoping I like this one just as much.

Downloading it right now. Never played the original so this is gonna be rough. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:10 AM, Reshiram said:

Anybody get the Mario Kart Tour beta? I'm enjoying it a lot so far, even though they made it very easy. Some people are complaining about micro-transactions but the game is very playable without and I've yet to see a major phone game not with micro-transactions. Only major gripe is that certain characters do better on certain tracks which may encourage some pay-to-win type bullshit but we'll see when the full game comes out.

I got in on the beta and I definitely enjoy it. I get bored with Mario Kart quickly but it's good for killing some time on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else watch E3?  What’s everyone excited for?  Me personally, it’s:

- The Blair Witch

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Elden Ring

- Doom: Eternal

- Final Fantasy 7: Remake

- Dragonball Project: Kakarot

- 12 Minutes

- Ghostwire: Tokyo

- Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC

- Pretty much everything mentioned in the Nintendo Direct

Still really missed Sony this year.  It was weird not having them there.  Hoping they do some kind of “direct” soon.

I'm sad about the announcements regarding Pokémon Sword and Shield's pokémon limit. Not being able to collect them all literally goes against their 20+ year slogan. Also kinda sad they're not bringing over megas (I didn't care for Z-moves), but this really feels like they're doing a new start, the fact that we'll have the most open world game plus the ability to connect and play with people in an open world is something we've all wanted since playing Pokémon Crater.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, Reshiram said:

I'm sad about the announcements regarding Pokémon Sword and Shield's pokémon limit. Not being able to collect them all literally goes against their 20+ year slogan. Also kinda sad they're not bringing over megas (I didn't care for Z-moves), but this really feels like they're doing a new start, the fact that we'll have the most open world game plus the ability to connect and play with people in an open world is something we've all wanted since playing Pokémon Crater.

Haven't been huge into the mainline games recently, but I always look forward to new megas. Really hope they change their minds about that. With it being the first console game I could see them patching/updating some stuff in. Although it is Nintendo, they're never usually that great at quality updates for their games (wish they would give Super Mario Party some DLC).

Anybody played the new Borderlands 2 DLC? I'm replaying the game right now in anticipation of 3. Forgot how incredible this game is. 

Made the switch to PC about two months back. Have been on Overwatch on and off. Just purchased Rainbow Six: Siege and the movement feels good but odd. Will take me a bit to get used to.

I had mentioned my distaste for The Last of Us quite a while back, but I kept giving it shots and ended up really enjoying the game once I sat down and finished the damn thing. Looking forward to the second installment.
Almost done with Horizon: Zero Dawn. Another three hours, give or take.

Currently hoping Rust goes on sale for the Steam Summer Sale. Keep trying to give Miscreated a try, but it feels a bit slow for me.

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Haven't been huge into the mainline games recently, but I always look forward to new megas. Really hope they change their minds about that. With it being the first console game I could see them patching/updating some stuff in. Although it is Nintendo, they're never usually that great at quality updates for their games (wish they would give Super Mario Party some DLC).

Anybody played the new Borderlands 2 DLC? I'm replaying the game right now in anticipation of 3. Forgot how incredible this game is. 

Agreed on Mario party. Haven’t played since the first month or so after release.

i just started a new level 30 character on borderlands 2. Haven’t started the new DLC yet but I will be in the next day or two. I love this series so much. 

• 2 weeks later...