What video games have you been playing?

I have been playing Toe Jam & Earl: Back In The Groove for the PS4. I bought both the PS4 and Switch versions from Limited Run. I am really liking it. I have also pre-ordered the Best Buy variant of the game for Switch as well. I was able to still use Gamer's Club on that release so that's great., got it for basically $30 shipped to store. 

Before that, I've been playing World War Z for the PS4 and I really like it. I've never been able to play the Left 4 Dead series but I can see where this World War Z game may be like that. The sheer number of zombies that flood the play field is crazy haha. You can just mow-em-down. 

edit: I also downloaded Borderlands: The Handsome Collection from the PS+ game set last month and I was trying to play through the Pre-Sequel and got extremely bored. Before this, I had only played a little bit of the first Borderlands on PS3. I was hoping to get interested in this  set and play these two games (Pre-Sequel and 2) and get the first game later for the PS4 to play through the story in anticipation for 3 but now I don't think I'll do that. If the other two games 1+2 are like the Pre-Sequel I've tried, no thanks, the gameplay is very tedious. 

Also, why didn't this Handsome Collection contain all 3 games 1+Pre-Sequel+2? 

Edited by thefavoriteplay

19 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I have been playing Toe Jam & Earl: Back In The Groove for the PS4. I bought both the PS4 and Switch versions from Limited Run. I am really liking it. I have also pre-ordered the Best Buy variant of the game for Switch as well. I was able to still use Gamer's Club on that release so that's great., got it for basically $30 shipped to store. 

Before that, I've been playing World War Z for the PS4 and I really like it. I've never been able to play the Left 4 Dead series but I can see where this World War Z game may be like that. The sheer number of zombies that flood the play field is crazy haha. You can just mow-em-down. 

edit: I also downloaded Borderlands: The Handsome Collection from the PS+ game set last month and I was trying to play through the Pre-Sequel and got extremely bored. Before this, I had only played a little bit of the first Borderlands on PS3. I was hoping to get interested in this  set and play these two games (Pre-Sequel and 2) and get the first game later for the PS4 to play through the story in anticipation for 3 but now I don't think I'll do that. If the other two games 1+2 are like the Pre-Sequel I've tried, no thanks, the gameplay is very tedious. 

Also, why didn't this Handsome Collection contain all 3 games 1+Pre-Sequel+2? 

The Pre-sequel is by far my least favorite one. If it's the gameplay you have an issue with, then you may not dig any of them. Although I do recommend at least trying 2. The characters (Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina, Scooter, etc) and even some of the one off characters absolutely make the game incredible. Story is interesting enough and there are a ton of quests and areas to explore. Combat is pretty simple but the skill trees make it unique every time you go through. If you're not sold on 2 after getting through maybe the first 5 hours then I'd say its just not the game for you. Also, playing with at least one another person makes it much more enjoyable. I've played solo all the way through only once and had no where near as much fun as I did playing with friends.

1 minute ago, dapeebs said:

The Pre-sequel is by far my least favorite one. If it's the gameplay you have an issue with, then you may not dig any of them. Although I do recommend at least trying 2. The characters (Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina, Scooter, etc) and even some of the one off characters absolutely make the game incredible. Story is interesting enough and there are a ton of quests and areas to explore. Combat is pretty simple but the skill trees make it unique every time you go through. If you're not sold on 2 after getting through maybe the first 5 hours then I'd say its just not the game for you. Also, playing with at least one another person makes it much more enjoyable. I've played solo all the way through only once and had no where near as much fun as I did playing with friends.

Yeah, I thought so. I remembered liking it when I played before. It's just with this Pre-Sequel it just took me so long to get my bearings on that moon or whatever. I was trying to go in story order so I played the Pre-Sequel first on the collection which I guess doesn't matter because I have skipped the PS4 Borderlands 1 so far. 

4 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Yeah, I thought so. I remembered liking it when I played before. It's just with this Pre-Sequel it just took me so long to get my bearings on that moon or whatever. I was trying to go in story order so I played the Pre-Sequel first on the collection which I guess doesn't matter because I have skipped the PS4 Borderlands 1 so far. 

The beginning of all 3 are really slow but I put like 10 hours into pre-sequel and put it down. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. But absolutely give 2 a go if you are willing to try. One of my favorite games ever. Handsome Jack has to be one of the greatest video game villains ever created. Only one that even comes close for me is Vaas from Far Cry 3. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received a new Switch recently for my bday, and I will have the next week off to myself to be a piece of shit in front the TV.

I bought Undertale (which I am enjoying so much) and grabbed a couple of freebies/cheapies like Brawlhalla.

Any recommendations? I'm mostly into turn-based RPG's and racing games.

24 minutes ago, deafening said:

I received a new Switch recently for my bday, and I will have the next week off to myself to be a piece of shit in front the TV.

I bought Undertale (which I am enjoying so much) and grabbed a couple of freebies/cheapies like Brawlhalla.

Check out Golf Story.  One of my favorite games to come out in the last couple years.

3 hours ago, deafening said:

Bunch of great final fantasy remasters recently if you haven't played all of those. I really like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also, but I've seen mixed feelings out there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:38 AM, Rip said:

Check out Golf Story.  One of my favorite games to come out in the last couple years.

The name threw me off, but this actually looks right up my alley. Thanks!

On 7/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Bunch of great final fantasy remasters recently if you haven't played all of those. I really like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also, but I've seen mixed feelings out there. 

I've never played any FF so I'm looking forward to catching up with the rest of the world.  XC2 looks pretty good, too. What are the complaints?

1 minute ago, deafening said:

The name threw me off, but this actually looks right up my alley. Thanks!

I've never played any FF so I'm looking forward to catching up with the rest of the world.  XC2 looks pretty good, too. What are the complaints?

It's kind of "fan servicey." Lots of big breasted anime ladies. The system of getting your blades is a gacha type deal too, where you have to just get lucky to get a lot of them. It's really slow for the first few hours, and the battles can get kind of repetitive. Even with all that I ended up beating it, got all the blades but one I think, and maxed out most of them. I spent probably close to 100 hours in the game, as it was still pretty fun to me. The battles get much shorter once you've figured out the battle system as well, but some folks never really did and as such each fight took them forever to get through.

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Anybody here Fire Emblem fans? Running out to grab Three Houses today, was kinda worried at first with the school aspect of it but I've been hearing nothing but good things.

I've heard great things too. I'll be waiting this one out a while though, as I'm going to go HAM on daemon x machina.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, deafening said:

I just got Minecraft over the weekend; never played before, and I am exceptionally bad at it.

Minecraft is one of the few games I think you DON'T have to be good at... it's just a fun, chillax game. It's nice to see it continually updated, but sometimes I miss the "simplicity" it used to have.

Finished up the base game achievements for Prey (2017), awesome game, liked the "plot twist".

Decided to use my free month of Xbox Game Pass, played Lego City Undercover (which was basically a kid friendly Grand Theft Auto) and am about to finish up the main game portion of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Don't know why or how I slept on that game, will probably end up buying that and the sequel.

Have Control coming out at the end of the month. Really looking forward to that.

5 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Anyone else here obsessed with Fire Emblem: Three Houses? Easily my favorite game since Persona 5.

I'm loving it so far although I admit to pouring way too many hours into multiplayer Mario Maker 2 at the moment, as opposed to fully sinking my teeth into Fire Emblem.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, dapeebs said:

Really hoping that game ends up being good. Alan Wake is one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm just waiting for Remedy to live up to it.

Alan Wake is (at least) a top five for me, need to do another playthrough soon! It's nice to see it's getting more attention and recognition now, seems to have been overlooked last gen. Hopefully now that a TV show is in the works, the game being relisted for sale, and Remedy acquiring all the rights, we can get a full on sequel. (I liked AW: American Nightmare, but that was more of a spin off/expansion).

Did you play Quantum Break? It's their last game they made.

29 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Alan Wake is (at least) a top five for me, need to do another playthrough soon! It's nice to see it's getting more attention and recognition now, seems to have been overlooked last gen. Hopefully now that a TV show is in the works, the game being relisted for sale, and Remedy acquiring all the rights, we can get a full on sequel. (I liked AW: American Nightmare, but that was more of a spin off/expansion).

Did you play Quantum Break? It's their last game they made.

Oh I wasn't aware it was being made into a tv show or any issues with Remedy not having the rights for it. Really hope if the tv show does well we get another game. I still have to go back and do another playthrough as well. Never made it through the DLCs.

I did not. I heard so many mixed things about it, and with it being a less than 10 hour game I skipped it.

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Oh I wasn't aware it was being made into a tv show or any issues with Remedy not having the rights for it. Really hope if the tv show does well we get another game. I still have to go back and do another playthrough as well. Never made it through the DLCs.

I did not. I heard so many mixed things about it, and with it being a less than 10 hour game I skipped it.

I think it'll have potential, I really liked the Bright Falls promotional series they did for the game. https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/alan-wake-tv-show-1202938003/ From my understanding, since it was published by Microsoft (Game Studios), it was "their" IP, and they just didn't want to pursue a sequel. But a few weeks ago they announced that rights reverted back to them.

I guess I was on the fence about Quantum Break on release as well. Anyways, I picked it up last year(?) on recommendation from my brother. I enjoyed it. I thought the "game play choices determine the live action scenes" was pretty unique. Not sure of your platform, but I see it on sale for Xbox often, and Steam sales are constant. If you can get it for around $20, I'd say try it.