What video games have you been playing?

21 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Target is doing there BOGO 50% off sale right now, I think I'm gonna finally pick up Spyro and Crash Team Racing.

Bought Crash at launch and regret it. It looked like they had it set up for micro transactions, then like last week or so they added them in. Highly recommend Spyro tho. 

Just picked up Nioh on the cheap. Probably never gonna finish it unless I overpower and cheese but I do enjoy the gameplay. 

Undecided on buying Control or Astral Chain at the end of the month. Both look good but I’m hit or miss with Platinum. 

17 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Bought Crash at launch and regret it. It looked like they had it set up for micro transactions, then like last week or so they added them in. Highly recommend Spyro tho. 

Just picked up Nioh on the cheap. Probably never gonna finish it unless I overpower and cheese but I do enjoy the gameplay. 

Undecided on buying Control or Astral Chain at the end of the month. Both look good but I’m hit or miss with Platinum. 

My friends and I were hype on Crash at first but $40 was steep for what the game offered. Definitely seems like more of a $20 game. If they bundled it with the Crash main series remastered for like $50 that'd be perfect. I haven't played Spyro in forever, how are the rematers?

Edited by dapeebs

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

My friends and I were hype on Crash at first but $40 was steep for what the game offered. Definitely seems like more of a $20 game. If they bundled it with the Crash main series remastered for like $50 that'd be perfect. I haven't played Spyro in forever, how are the rematers?

4 hours ago, museummouth said:

Spyro remasters are really good. Better than the Crash ones imo

Yep. Spyro trilogy is also an easy 3 platinums/3,000G

6 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah I quickly regretted CTR. The game is ridiculously hard with no tutorial, I'm stuck on the sewer level in classics as it seems like if I'm not power sliding and taking the shortcuts with 10 fruit the whole race there's no way in winning. The items in this game aren't worth a damn as missiles don't work as red shells like they should, so if first gets a big lead you might as well just give up. I'm not even sure if I wanna try online.

6 hours ago, diabretic said:

I don't "need" any video games but damn. it might be time to pick up Forza Horizion 4 and something else too....hmm. 

Just a heads up, the promotion is only for online or in-store pick-up which is stupid. I was at the store trying to get it and they told me they couldn't give me the discount, I had to order it from the store then wait for their people to grab it.

2 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Yeah I quickly regretted CTR. The game is ridiculously hard with no tutorial, I'm stuck on the sewer level in classics as it seems like if I'm not power sliding and taking the shortcuts with 10 fruit the whole race there's no way in winning. The items in this game aren't worth a damn as missiles don't work as red shells like they should, so if first gets a big lead you might as well just give up. I'm not even sure if I wanna try online.

Just a heads up, the promotion is only for online or in-store pick-up which is stupid. I was at the store trying to get it and they told me they couldn't give me the discount, I had to order it from the store then wait for their people to grab it.

Yep it’s stupid difficult even on normal. I was told easy was too easy but if that’s the only way I’ll be able to progress then I’ll do it. 

Amazon has had some good B1G1 50% deals, especially if you do preorders. Two upcoming releases for $90 is stellar. 

I'm about 30 hours into Fire Emblem Three Houses and still in chapter 1. I plan on playing the other 2 houses story lines after my initial through so I assume I'll be completely done with this game sometime in 2028.

On another note, I've been playing the shit out of this Dr. Mario mobile game while on-the-go. I initially hated it, but have since figured out the tricks. The online vs mode is surprisingly well done and fun.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on Control! I have about three more "main story" missions left, but man can Remedy make a good story game.

18 hours ago, Rip said:

Control is so damn good.  Major Twin Peaks and OA vibes.  Give me this kind of shit all day please.

If you haven't, you need to play their game Alan Wake. I need to finish watching Twin Peaks come to think of it...

38 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

+1 on Control! I have about three more "main story" missions left, but man can Remedy make a good story game.

If you haven't, you need to play their game Alan Wake. I need to finish watching Twin Peaks come to think of it...

Watched my buddy play a little of it on 360 years ago.  I never got a chance to play it though.  Always wanted to!  Maybe a remaster will come out one day.

But yeah.  Finish Twin Peaks.  NOW.

3 hours ago, Rip said:

Alan Wake is one of my top games ever! Playing Control I've found a few AW references and easter eggs, those were pretty cool. 

For sure! Lucky me it's still on Netflix.

Edited by No This Is Patrick

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

MOTHER OF GOD THAT SNES CONTROLLER

oh and I picked up Catherine: Full Body Premium Edition on recommendation. Everyone should play that game. The story is fantastic. 

I didn't realize they redid it. I played it when it first came out and the story is great. Game play was a bit repetitive, obviously it being a puzzle game, but was still a ton of fun. I thought a sequel was supposed to be out, or maybe I'm just confused the remake for one.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, Thomas³ said:

I didn't realize they redid it. I played it when it first came out and the story is great. Game play was a bit repetitive, obviously it being a puzzle game, but was still a ton of fun. I thought a sequel was supposed to be out, or maybe I'm just confused the remake for one.

It’s a remaster/rerelease with extra story content. They added a character and 5 new ending possibilities as well I definitely “autoplayed” a couple levels just to keep the story moving but overall it was fantastic.

10 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It’s a remaster/rerelease with extra story content. They added a character and 5 new ending possibilities as well I definitely “autoplayed” a couple levels just to keep the story moving but overall it was fantastic.

I'd love to replay it with extra story and endings, but it's PS4 only. Oh well. I did get all the ending in the original, and man some were a pain to not fuck up. I bet the new ones are even harder. Atlus does great games.