What video games have you been playing?

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It’s... weird to say the least. I’m enjoying it so far tho. Truly something that you just have to try for yourself. 

I love what I’ve played (which isn’t too much yet).  It looks incredible and the music is just perfect.  I’m definitely excited to dig deeper into it.

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It’s... weird to say the least. I’m enjoying it so far tho. Truly something that you just have to try for yourself. 

Have to agree with this, especially the last bit.  The game is truly immersive in the sense it’s boring as shit to watch someone play it - in my opinion - but quite engaging when the controller is in your hands.  There is something oddly satisfying, to me, about packing or gearing up for a mission that won’t be holding your hand, and finding out you were perfectly (or poorly) equipped for the trek.  The changing terrain has kept things really fresh for me as well.

I’ve heard the game really takes off about 10 hours in.  All reviews are insisting you muscle through the first 10 even if you find them a bit of a sludge.  Fortunately I’m enjoying it and soaking it all in at a pretty leisure pace.  Eager to see where it goes.

6 hours ago, Rip said:

I love what I’ve played (which isn’t too much yet).  It looks incredible and the music is just perfect.  I’m definitely excited to dig deeper into it.

The first time Low Roar comes on as you’re on your first mission and still trying to soak it all in. Fuck, that’s something everyone should feel. 

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Have to agree with this, especially the last bit.  The game is truly immersive in the sense it’s boring as shit to watch someone play it - in my opinion - but quite engaging when the controller is in your hands.  There is something oddly satisfying, to me, about packing or gearing up for a mission that won’t be holding your hand, and finding out you were perfectly (or poorly) equipped for the trek.  The changing terrain has kept things really fresh for me as well.

I’ve heard the game really takes off about 10 hours in.  All reviews are insisting you muscle through the first 10 even if you find them a bit of a sludge.  Fortunately I’m enjoying it and soaking it all in at a pretty leisure pace.  Eager to see where it goes.

I’m like 7 hours in and I cannot handle BTs lol. I’m also that asshole who’s trying to grab all the cargo like it won’t make the rest of the trip miserable. 

I’m super excited to see the other side of chapter 3, which should be about 10 hours. Supposedly the story actually makes sense at the end too lol. 

On 11/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

The first time Low Roar comes on as you’re on your first mission and still trying to soak it all in. Fuck, that’s something everyone should feel. 

I’m like 7 hours in and I cannot handle BTs lol. I’m also that asshole who’s trying to grab all the cargo like it won’t make the rest of the trip miserable. 

I’m super excited to see the other side of chapter 3, which should be about 10 hours. Supposedly the story actually makes sense at the end too lol. 

Yeah, I’m fascinated by the fact that no reviews were allowed to discuss anything past chapter 3.  I strongly suspect it gets juicy as Mads’ characters (Cliff) gets more of the spotlight – I noticed a lot of reviews danced around mentioning him.  Definitely can’t wait, either, but I have to admit I’m really enjoying how leisurely I’m advancing.  Could be because I’m getting too old; could be because it’s entirely a single-player experience... but I’m loving the option of signing on every few nights and getting lost in the game’s atmosphere and story for a few hours.  I feel like I get a wholesome fill of the game every time I set the controller down.

What difficult are you guys playing on?  Had to pick Hard out of the gates.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, diabretic said:

Fallen Order is a lot of fun so far but man do I suck at puzzle games.

And I'm the opposite, I suck at the combat. Although some of the puzzles have taken a while. I haven't played too many games like this, so it's all pretty new for me.

16 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Snagged Mario Odyssey and BOTW last night for 30 each on Target's Black Friday sale, chose local pick-up, will get them tonight, easiest Black Friday ever.

Got Odyssey last night as well. Played it before but never finished it and sold it for $45 on eBay. Nice to rebuy it cheaper. Target only had like 5 copies though. 

On 11/29/2019 at 6:37 AM, SBarry said:

I’ve been on a quest to 100% Death Stranding. Currently have 79% of the trophies so it’s pretty much been a massive grind now.

I can’t decide if I wanna go for the platinum or just call it after I finish the story. I really enjoy the game but there’s so much coming out in the spring and I know I won’t be done by then. 

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I can’t decide if I wanna go for the platinum or just call it after I finish the story. I really enjoy the game but there’s so much coming out in the spring and I know I won’t be done by then. 

I really enjoyed the game and playing through the story but now that I’ve beat the game, all that’s left is some repetitive gameplay to get platinum with zero significance. Still very satisfying when completing large difficult deliveries though.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Rip said:

Man I want to... but as much as I love any and all things Dragon Ball, I’m so sick of playing and seeing the same exact story over and over again.  Is this really worth it though?

It’s really fun. No masterpiece AAA big budget game but a really great AA game. Controls are a little hard to get used to at first but it looks great and the combat is fun and  decently challenging. 

there’s a dlc pass too and someone datamined and found Broly/Whis/Beerus so it’s rumored that Super might be added on. 

• 1 month later...

Doing my yearly check-in.

Right now it's Oxygen Not Included, mainly. Been trying to get into RimWorld a bit more, but it's just not clicking for me. A bit of Cities: Skylines here and there but not too much. A bit of Dirt Rally 2.0; a bit of Factorio.

Funny enough, I'd rather play Dwarf Fortress more than most of these games. That game is crazy addicting to me.

Gave Noita a shot this past week, but didn't like it. Had been eyeing it for quite some time.

That's about it for now.

Edited by HybridxReality
Corrections.

Have any of you guys ever pre-ordered hardware from Gamestop? They're opening one pretty close to my house and I plan on getting a PS5 at launch but I feel like they're not dependable. Like I'll go put $400 cash down on the console and when I go to get it they'll say they sold it or didn't get enough or some bullshit. Will probably just stick with Best Buy or Amazon, but it would be nice to just walk in a store and pick it up.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Have any of you guys ever pre-ordered hardware from Gamestop? They're opening one pretty close to my house and I plan on getting a PS5 at launch but I feel like they're not dependable. Like I'll go put $400 cash down on the console and when I go to get it they'll say they sold it or didn't get enough or some bullshit. Will probably just stick with Best Buy or Amazon, but it would be nice to just walk in a store and pick it up.

I doubt they could pull a fast one on you if you put down the full cost of the console. I know they try that sneaky shit if you don't fully pay for a game. If anything just keep track of the receipt and show up day 1. 

If it were me I'd just stick with Best Buy. If you pre-order something and choose to pick up in store they have a whole separate checkout process where you show them your receipt and license and they hand whatever you ordered right over. Very simple and no waiting in lines. 

6 hours ago, dapeebs said:

I doubt they could pull a fast one on you if you put down the full cost of the console. I know they try that sneaky shit if you don't fully pay for a game. If anything just keep track of the receipt and show up day 1. 

If it were me I'd just stick with Best Buy. If you pre-order something and choose to pick up in store they have a whole separate checkout process where you show them your receipt and license and they hand whatever you ordered right over. Very simple and no waiting in lines. 

I've used their pick-up service a couple times. I may just go that route. I just straight up don't trust Gamestop, but I like the idea of going to pick it up from a store opposed to having it shipped to me because that has it's own issues as well.

10 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Finally got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and I'm having a blast so far.

I also accidentally beat Breathe of the Wild only to find out I have 22% of the game complete because there's 900 Korok seeds???? Alright I guess.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the pay off for collecting all of them is gonna piss you off lol