What video games have you been playing?

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I’d like to get it eventually.  But man, that “one island per switch” is a major turn off for me.  Especially cause both me and my wife would wanna play it.

I believe each play would still have their own dwelling in the island but I can’t say they couldn’t fuck up your loans from Nook. I just don’t understand why Nintendo won’t let us own our save files. 

3 hours ago, Rip said:

I’d like to get it eventually.  But man, that “one island per switch” is a major turn off for me.  Especially cause both me and my wife would wanna play it.

Yeah I don’t understand that at all. Single saves in this era is so stupid. At least you can both create separate characters. My

wife and I will be basically playing together like that. 

27 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Mark Cerny has an ear fetish. That PS5 spec reveal was good, but so boring being stretched across 52 minutes.

Could’ve just been a press release. Really disappointed with the backwards compatibility details released so far. Seems too vague and has me worried it’s only for some ps4 games. 

The loading times seem awesome though. 

Just got my AC Switch yesterday and ready to spend the whole weekend with AC and Doom. 

28 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Has anyone played Persona 5? Thinking of getting the royal version but never checked the series out. 

Super stylized turn-based RPG with a Japanese teenager life sim tacked on? Totally recommend it to anyone who likes turn based RPGs or anime as the graphics are like cell-shaded and super polished. 

Just now, Rip said:

Never played but I’m getting it based on all the hype and how good the music is.  Also heard it’s a real time consumer as well so it’ll keep us busy for a while.

That’s what’s drawing me to it lol. Thinking of speeding through Doom this weekend and then selling it on eBay and putting that towards Persona. 

11 hours ago, diabretic said:

Did you like RDR? That's my favorite game of all time.

I fell off it shortly after launch because I hated riding my horse in real time EVERYWHERE, not to mention all the quality-of-life tasks, but after going back to it almost a year later I appreciated it much more.

It did definetly drag on a bit here and there, but overall once I was done I immediately wanted to go back and play the first game over again. I hope one day that sees a remaster and they add lore surrounding Arthur, Sadie, and Charles.

12 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I fell off it shortly after launch because I hated riding my horse in real time EVERYWHERE, not to mention all the quality-of-life tasks, but after going back to it almost a year later I appreciated it much more.

It did definetly drag on a bit here and there, but overall once I was done I immediately wanted to go back and play the first game over again. I hope one day that sees a remaster and they add lore surrounding Arthur, Sadie, and Charles.

I would really love some single player DLC of any kind.

19 hours ago, diabretic said:

I would really love some single player DLC of any kind.

It seems like Rockstar knows their bread and butter is with the online side of things. I think that's why we never saw any DLC for GTA V, they make hand over fist money from micro transactions via multi-player they're like, "fuck it, focus any post release development here". I would be genuinely surprised if we ever saw RDR2 DLC, let alone an Undead Nightmare spin-off, would be awesome though (so would a direct sequel to RDR2 centered around Sadie in Mexico lol).

On 3/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, museummouth said:

Animal Crossing is so perfect. Playing it nonstop. Not time traveling either. 

Doom Eternal is great too and definitely a challenge. Hoping to finish it over this weekend and get ready for Persona 5 and RE3. 

Just picked up my P5R Phantom Thieves Edition. Hoping to get started on it today since I know I’ll be pushing it aside for RE3 on friday. 

Finished my first playthrough of Nier: Automata yesterday and then started my next playthrough right away.  Absolutely love it and I’m super excited they’re remastering Nier: Replicant so I can finally have a chance to play that one as well.

Persona 5 Royal shipped from Amazon so that’ll be coming in the next day or 2.  Still gotta go back and finish Octopath Traveler as well.  TOO MUCH STUFF.

Edited by Rip