What video games have you been playing?

Finished all the main playthroughs of Nier:Automata.  Probably one of my favorite games in recent memory with some of if not the best music I’ve ever heard. Kicking myself big time for not playing it any sooner.  I keep thinking about it and it’s making me sad that it’s over.  Only upside is now I’m really, really excited for the Nier:Replicant remaster.

Edited by Rip

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know.. I played 3 playthroughs, never finished the 3rd though. I can't really remember the game anymore but I remember thinking every single environment was so bland and same-looking everywhere, dodging was like invincibility mode, I played the whole game never knowing how to use chip enhancements or whatever it just never felt challenging or interesting 😕

Just speaking generally about it - I wish I liked it more than I did. 

Man, what haven’t I been playing lately. I have lots of free time and my Best Buy GCU discount finally ran out. So I bought a bunch of games at 20% off. 

Nioh 2 - loved it, platinum on it. Ready for DLC. 
Spyro Trilogy - platinum on the first. Couldn’t do anything beyond that. 
Life Is Strange - was a good break from “action” games. 
Life Is Strange Before The Storm - enjoyed the first one so got this too. Was a good play. 

Resident Evil 2 - just got platinum on it. It was a great game. 
Assassin’s Creed Origins - currently playing. Liking it so far. 

In the queue:

A Plague Tale 

Hellblade 

God of War - replay for NG+. 

Really just got a bunch of stuff to hold me over for TLoU2. Also pre ordered Skater XL which I’m hoping is good, wanting to fill the Skate 4 hole in my heart. Supposedly THPS6 is in the works. Then Ghost in July. 

I’m about 60 hours into ACNH and kind of running out of things to do / motivation. I have 5 villagers right now. Just added another room on my house. Don’t really wanna grind as much as it takes to build a bridge. Haha.  But if anyone wants to add me have at it. I have peaches. 

Nintendo name: sadheartofmine 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a lot more time recently, so I've been trying to catch up on a lot of games I've neglected.

Last year I finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn, it became one of my favorite games ever. 

Just finished Jedi Fallen Order 100% a few weeks ago; really liked the game but there were some aspects that just sucked the fun right out of it, and ended up just not having the best experience overall. Still a great story and wonderful visuals and level design.

Currently playing through both The Last Guardian, and AC Origins; really enjoying TLG, its getting very emotional!

Origins is ok so far, but after playing Witcher 3 and Horizon ZD, Origins is just extremely subpar comparably. Hopefully Odyssey is better when I get to it next.  

I'm the opposite on the PS5 and I love my PS4. Not enough launch titles (a lot of these were 2021), GTA V again/again, Spiderman is actually just a small expansion, and a lot of games that will be on PC. The console looks super tacky and will look dirty in no time considering it should have a fan. I'm also worried about cooling because they didn't bother to show that and it's a known issue with the PS4. No mention of VR. I know the Xbox won't last compared to the PS5 due to the number of exclusives but I can't see a single reason to buy this when I have a PC. Ratchet and Clank looks exciting and I can't say much else. I'm hoping it'll get better in time. I remember I didn't have any PS4 games that interested me at launch either.

Has it been confirmed that Spiderman: Miles Morales is an expansion?  I mean I don’t doubt it, but I think it’s weird that they announced that and not the base game along with it.  I’ve seen different sources saying different things.

I enjoyed the reveal.  Excited for Spiderman: MM, Stray, Returnal, and Ghostwire.  Although I was a little disappointed in the gameplay for Ghostwire.  Not a fan of first person.  The announcement trailer made it look better I think.

25 minutes ago, Rip said:

Has it been confirmed that Spiderman: Miles Morales is an expansion?  I mean I don’t doubt it, but I think it’s weird that they announced that and not the base game along with it.  I’ve seen different sources saying different things.

I enjoyed the reveal.  Excited for Spiderman: MM, Stray, Returnal, and Ghostwire.  Although I was a little disappointed in the gameplay for Ghostwire.  Not a fan of first person.  The announcement trailer made it look better I think.

Insomniac confirmed it’s a stand-alone game. I think the conclusions is that it is similar to Uncharted Lost Legacy like a very large dlc.