What video games have you been playing?

16 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

It's interesting to see other people's thoughts because I'm the opposite. I've loved PS since the original console but I was so underwhelmed with the lack of variety and hardly any confirmed launch titles. There's no reason for the console to come out with how few will be available this year. Just about every Xbox game seemed worthwhile to me and I think the launch for Xbox will be much better. Hardware seems better IMO and I respect their work into getting all those games on Game Pass and on PC. I don't even like Xbox that much but man Sony has let me down big time. Good thing I bought a gaming PC last year.

I feel there was almost little to no gameplay besides Halo. Also I think both were very tight in 'announcing' launch titles. The PS exclusives down the road just seemed more interesting with a lot of new IP's to look forward too, instead of this-2 or that-3. I'd rather see all the gameplay along with the trailer to see if a game is worth it to buy. Also the hardware differences people are playing up are completely negligible. Game Pass is probably the only plus I see for Xbox > PS.

56 minutes ago, JRHews said:

I feel there was almost little to no gameplay besides Halo. Also I think both were very tight in 'announcing' launch titles. The PS exclusives down the road just seemed more interesting with a lot of new IP's to look forward too, instead of this-2 or that-3. I'd rather see all the gameplay along with the trailer to see if a game is worth it to buy. Also the hardware differences people are playing up are completely negligible. Game Pass is probably the only plus I see for Xbox > PS.

Game pass is going to continue to be huge for Xbox. Almost every game revealed today will be on Game Pass, and every month they just continue to add to the library. Most will be playable on both Xbox and Windows, so essentially for $15 a month you can play as many games as you want on either Xbox or PC, and just cancel for a month or two if there's nothing to play. Especially with game prices increasing to $70 new, there's no way Playstation can compete from a fiscal standpoint. All they really have at this point are exclusives. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Weird that it’s limited physically and digitally though. 

I dont understand the logic with this. Are Nintendo trying some FOMO tactics? Wouldn't they make more money if it was regularly available for the rest of the switches life? Or maybe they're gonna piece the 3 games off after the date? Either way I think it's dumb but fuck it, I'm excited for the collection and for the Super Mario 35, 3D World should be awesome as well.

4 hours ago, Reshiram said:

I dont understand the logic with this. Are Nintendo trying some FOMO tactics? Wouldn't they make more money if it was regularly available for the rest of the switches life? Or maybe they're gonna piece the 3 games off after the date? Either way I think it's dumb but fuck it, I'm excited for the collection and for the Super Mario 35, 3D World should be awesome as well.

Yeah that's the rumor is that come April 2021, they'll be available separate but full price. 

Did anyone else pick up THPS today? All the reviews I've watched and read have said mainly great things. I didn't preorder because I got burned on the THPS5 preorder but I'm gonna pick it up after work. The only negative feedback I saw is that you can't customize professional clothing skaters the same way you would with your build a skater and one reviewer said they felt like there was an auto-detect stopping them from doing some really big tricks. Otherwise it sounds perfect. I'm surprised we have a new Tony Hawk game that isn't loaded with bugs.

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

Did anyone else pick up THPS today? All the reviews I've watched and read have said mainly great things. I didn't preorder because I got burned on the THPS5 preorder but I'm gonna pick it up after work. The only negative feedback I saw is that you can't customize professional clothing skaters the same way you would with your build a skater and one reviewer said they felt like there was an auto-detect stopping them from doing some really big tricks. Otherwise it sounds perfect. I'm surprised we have a new Tony Hawk game that isn't loaded with bugs.

I did a digital pre-order and I was able to start playing it 9:00 last night. So fun and yes, much much better than THPS5.

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

Started it last night as well. It’s super fun and feels just like the old ones. Couch Co-op too. 

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I picked it up this morning, I'm loving it so far, this is the first time I'm playing Tony Hawk on console so I'm just getting the hang of it, but it looks awesome. Great remaster.

Yep, echoing the sentiment - really cool remake. Definitely glad they priced it at $40, but loving all the little new things and attention to detail. Looks like VV had fun making this, which is great because I'm having fun playing it.

Guess I'm not surprised most people on Reddit are blitzing it and just 100%ing the game as fast as possible. To me, this is golden-era gaming that's just perfect for picking up whenever other modern shit requires way too much attention/energy. So good.

1 minute ago, rooks said:

Yep, echoing the sentiment - really cool remake. Definitely glad they priced it at $40, but loving all the little new things and attention to detail. Looks like VV had fun making this, which is great because I'm having fun playing it.

Guess I'm not surprised most people on Reddit are blitzing it and just 100%ing the game as fast as possible. To me, this is golden-era gaming that's just perfect for picking up whenever other modern shit requires way too much attention/energy. So good.

Yeah I played for 2 hours last night and only competed 2.5 levels because I was just free skating for most of it and enjoying the soundtrack. 

I played quite a bit over the weekend, and absolutely love it. It definitely has the feel of the original games, which is what was missing in the later ones for me. It's been funny to see my wife hear all of the songs from the original soundtrack and realize how much of an impact it had on shaping my music interests. 

Even my almost four year old has been playing! She has ollies on vert ramps and nose stalls down pretty well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited for PS5, especially with the PS+ collection, I have about half those games already through PS+ but a lot I don't have and want. Probably only gonna get Spiderman MM on release day, I still havent touched a bunch of my PS4 games, so I'm probably gonna start RDR2 and ZDH once I get my PS5.

Also, I'm pretty upset about the standard pricing for games going up 10 dollars this gen. Honestly I don't see any real justifiable reasoning behind it, it's just asshole capitalism, especially terrible for the digital edition since physicals typically drop in price faster.

Edited by Reshiram

So if you haven't been following the shit show that was the PS5 pre-order launch: (at least as far as the States go)

-Sony said pre-orders would start "as early as tomorrow" (meaning Thursday, 9/17).

-Walmart said "fuck that, pre-orders start NOW!" (at like 7PM Eastern Wednesday)

-GameStop, Target, and Best Buy all followed suit, with their websites crashing and all their allotments selling out within minutes.

-Amazon remained silent. Everyone was expecting them to go live either Midnight Eastern or Pacific.

-Someone on Twitter found the direct "add to cart" link for Amazon and released it (with his affiliate link, of course).

-Amazon sold out before the product page officially went live.

There's still a chance more will pop up. Some have added more as the night went on (assuming as orders get cancelled). I'm still trying to snag one, so fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

So if you haven't been following the shit show that was the PS5 pre-order launch: (at least as far as the States go)

-Sony said pre-orders would start "as early as tomorrow" (meaning Thursday, 9/17).

-Walmart said "fuck that, pre-orders start NOW!" (at like 7PM Eastern Wednesday)

-GameStop, Target, and Best Buy all followed suit, with their websites crashing and all their allotments selling out within minutes.

-Amazon remained silent. Everyone was expecting them to go live either Midnight Eastern or Pacific.

-Someone on Twitter found the direct "add to cart" link for Amazon and released it (with his affiliate link, of course).

-Amazon sold out before the product page officially went live.

There's still a chance more will pop up. Some have added more as the night went on (assuming as orders get cancelled). I'm still trying to snag one, so fingers crossed.

I got my exclusive email from Sony to pre-order on 9/18 @ 10AM PST. I don't think I'm going to order one. Message me if you want the link because I don't think I'll get one until 2021 when more titles are available and I know more about backwards compatibility and VR.