What video games have you been playing?

13 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I got my exclusive email from Sony to pre-order on 9/18 @ 10AM PST. I don't think I'm going to order one. Message me if you want the link because I don't think I'll get one until 2021 when more titles are available and I know more about backwards compatibility and VR.

Thanks, but I was just able to order one through Sam's Club. Maybe someone else here will be able to use it?

13 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I got my exclusive email from Sony to pre-order on 9/18 @ 10AM PST. I don't think I'm going to order one. Message me if you want the link because I don't think I'll get one until 2021 when more titles are available and I know more about backwards compatibility and VR.

Backwards compatibility seems to be 99% of PS4 titles from what they said today.

Got lucky and saw a target link posted early last night and grabbed a disc drive one. Getting Demon Souls and Spiderman at launch, maybe Sackboy too and hyped for Ratchet and Clank soon after. The PS Plus collection is awesome too and there's a few in there I haven't played that I'm gonna check out. 

As for the games going up to $70 it was inevitable since prices have been $60 for new games for almost 20 years. You're definitely doing to pay more in the long run going purely digital though since they can just choose to never lower digital game prices if they want. See Nintendo's model .

1 hour ago, Rip said:

Happy Mario 3D All-Stars day!  Gonna grab mine from Best Buy tomorrow.

Picking mine up later today. Really excited for it although I wish 64 was remade in Odysseys engine. Oh well it is what it is and I’m just glad to have all of them easily available.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Happy next-gen launch week! Did anyone get their new systems yet? I got an email from Sam's Club earlier this week that my PS5 preorder might not arrive for another 2 weeks, but apparently they sent that to everyone. So who knows when it'll arrive.

Nope because Target fucked up their preorders. So I’m still waiting while they listed in store pick ups already. Fucking mess. 

Best Buy came through with the order pick-up. Just ran through Astro's Playroom, very fun and easy Platinum if you're into that stuff. I'm about to start Miles Morales, gonna pick up the new COD tomorrow as well. 

The PlayStation Plus collection is also gonna keep me busy for a while. 

FedEx dropped my PS5 off last night but I couldn’t set it up until today. Transferring about 360 gigs of games/data from my ps4 took about 3 hours over the local network. I ended up ordering a USB 3 hub and a 2TB external hard drive on Amazon for extra storage, though.  

And Astro’s Playroom is so damn fun and it’s an amazing love letter to those who have been PlayStation fans since the very beginning. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Miles Morales last week and thought it was incredible. I wanna try for the platinum but I don't want to get into New Game + right now.

And I got the Ultimate Edition so I could play Spider-Man Remastered (I platinum'd that but never played the DLC) but you need a copy of the PS4 version to export your save file, which I don't have anymore. Boo.

As far as errors/crashes go, there haven't been any issues since I stopped using rest mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am playing the new Hyrule Warriors game on my Switch right now, but I am also playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe with my gf atm. Can't wait for Super Mario 3D World next month. I honestly haven't touch my PS5 since Christmas for some reason...need some new exclusives like the upcoming Ratchet & Clank for example.

34 minutes ago, SasukeTheRipper said:

I am playing the new Hyrule Warriors game on my Switch right now, but I am also playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe with my gf atm. Can't wait for Super Mario 3D World next month. I honestly haven't touch my PS5 since Christmas for some reason...need some new exclusives like the upcoming Ratchet & Clank for example.

I want to try Pikmin 3 but I've heard from some people it's easy, some say it's challenging, others say it's the hardest one. What do you think of it so far?

1 minute ago, N8TRU said:

I want to try Pikmin 3 but I've heard from some people it's easy, some say it's challenging, others say it's the hardest one. What do you think of it so far?

Well, I played it on Wii U before, but I would not say that it's hard, it's alright and good to play, if you have some experience with other games. 

• 2 weeks later...

At the turn of the century I used to pull all nighters playing online WW II flight simulators. But to this day the only video game I play is Command and Conquer Generals and Zero Hour. I still love that game. And it's from 2003. 

I sometimes play GTA, but my MO is to steal cop cars and just drive like a maniac until I finally go down in a hail of bullets.