What video games have you been playing?

5 hours ago, Rip said:

Stray finally came out today.  Can’t decide if I want to just get the download or wait until the physical comes out towards the end of the year.

Gameranx said they took their time playing it through and it only took 4 hours if that impacts your decision at all. I'm probably going to upgrade my PS Plus subscription soon to play it.

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Gameranx said they took their time playing it through and it only took 4 hours if that impacts your decision at all. I'm probably going to upgrade my PS Plus subscription soon to play it.

At most I’ve heard it’s about 7 hours if you try and do everything.  Which isn’t bad.  I didn’t expect it to be some 40 hour game.

I need to check Stray out. I only started hearing about it a week or so before release and now everyone it talking about it.

I’ve mostly been playing Switch lately. Knocked out Portal 1 & 2, Triangle Strategy, Cuphead + DLC, and Pocky and Rocky Reshrined over the past 2ish months. I bought Hyper Light Drifter on a whim the other night being skeptical if I would like it or not and am completely blown away right now. One of the greatest games I have ever played. 

Also just bought Bayonetta 1 & 2 the other day for some dumbass reason and have Xenoblade 3 right around the corner. I’m really hoping Xenoblade 3 is better than 2 since 2 was a giant pile of shit imo. This fall is gonna be bonkers with the Persona 5, Nier, Mario + Rabbids 2, Harvestella, Bayonetta 3, Pokemons (iffy on those), and Return to Monkey Island (been waiting for this one for pretty much my entire life so far) all hitting Switch. Not to mention all of the indies that I haven’t heard of yet but will inevitably find out about. 

Edited by Bronchitis

I'm about halfway through Stray and it's fun. I love platformers and this is a very unique one.

I also picked up The Quarry since it's on sale this week. I loved Until Dawn and never got around to the Dark Pictures games. I started Man of Medan since it's on PS+ and it's a similar feel to UD but a lot buggier. It feels like they rushed the development. The story's pretty interesting, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rip said:

Watched Everyone’s Going to the World’s Fair last night since it’s on HBOMax now.  I enjoyed it.  Definitely not the horror movie the trailer made it out to be but it had some genuinely creepy moments.

Wrong thread 😛 However it could be a cool game

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2023 at 5:01 AM, Rip said:

Final Fantasy XVI has been so, so good so far.  It’s like a perfect combination of Game of Thrones and Attack On Titan.

I started it last night and nearly shelved it after the first two hours. The amount of tutorial messages popping up on my screen was the most obnoxious shit I have experienced in a long time. My non-gamer girlfriend was even getting irritated by the CONSTANT tutorial stuff popping up every two seconds. Combat feels very weightless and boring too. But with that being said, I put a couple more hours in and am really really enjoying the story. Enough for me to push through and see if everything else can click. So far, a lot of people’s complaints in the more negative reviews are totally true though. Narrow hallway after narrow hallway, bad combat, very little RPG elements, etc. 

I didn’t plan on buying Diablo 4 but was talked into it by my lifelong co-op gaming partner. We both played D3 on release and thought we were done with the series for good after playing that game for a couple days, but something about D4 has completely sucked us in. Only complaint is that endgame is a little sparse until seasons and updates start rolling in. Otherwise I don’t think I have too many complaints. Maining a werebear druid and it is so much fun.

6 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I started it last night and nearly shelved it after the first two hours. The amount of tutorial messages popping up on my screen was the most obnoxious shit I have experienced in a long time. My non-gamer girlfriend was even getting irritated by the CONSTANT tutorial stuff popping up every two seconds. Combat feels very weightless and boring too. But with that being said, I put a couple more hours in and am really really enjoying the story. Enough for me to push through and see if everything else can click. So far, a lot of people’s complaints in the more negative reviews are totally true though. Narrow hallway after narrow hallway, bad combat, very little RPG elements, etc. 

Yeah I totally get those criticisms.  But as someone who is usually more into the “hack and slash” stuff over the RPG stuff, it’s definitely scratching that itch for me.  Glad you’re finding things to like though.  I’m sure it’ll be worth it in the end

• 4 months later...

No Starfield love in here? I've dumped more hours into that world than I care to share. 

Also, Warzone grinder and always looking for folks to add to our group. We play to win but are pretty casual and try to keep the laughs coming. 

19 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Just finished Alan Wake 2... well worth the 13 year wait!

Eventually, I'll get to this game. Hear it's terrifying. Can't wait to ruin my sleep further. 

I'll probably get Spider-Man 2 for Christmas so I haven't bought it but I'm looking forward to it. I've been sucked into Ghost of Tsushima lately. A little late to the party but it's pretty good. It has a ton in common with Spider-Man, Horizon, God of War, Red Dead, etc. so it's a new favorite. The last game I beat was Drums Rock on PSVR 2 which I can't recommend enough. It's basically Rock Band (drums portion) in VR and it's really satisfying.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:56 AM, motorbike said:

No Starfield love in here? I've dumped more hours into that world than I care to share. 

I started Starfield... need to get back into it. It started off a little slow for me. I have so many games I need to start/get back into, my backlog has been building up like crazy. Stupid depression and life. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:34 AM, Rip said:

Want to play Alan Wake 2 so bad but I’m really trying to hold out hope that they change their mind and actually release physical copies.

Dang it... I need to talk to SOMEONE about it. We've talked some games in the past, was hoping you picked this one up as well LOL!

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Dang it... I need to talk to SOMEONE about it. We've talked some games in the past, was hoping you picked this one up as well LOL!

Ugh I’m sorry man.  I want to play it so bad.  I’ll see how I’m feeling once I finish Spider-Man.  Maybe the hype will get to be too much.  But I really hate paying more than like $20-$25 for digital games.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently, I've been deep into CS:GO, and let me tell you, the CS2 skin has added a whole new dimension to my gaming experience. It's like my virtual signature on the battlefield. Beyond CS:GO, diving into some indie titles for a change of pace. Anyone else blending the classics with something fresh? Always on the lookout for new game suggestions!

Edited by Ampalirani

• 2 months later...