What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas
my ff set up right now is currently lightning sazh and vanille and i kick it off with rav/syn/med to get my haste on then switch to rav/rav/med and throw in some rav/syn/sab to really fuck with the enemies. i switch it up a lot though and sometimes put snow or fang in there if i need a sentinel. i never use hope cause i feel like his only strength is rav and everyone else who's a rav is just as good and i guess he's not a bad medic but vanille is the bestest best medic. also sazh is a way better synergist than hope thanks to haste.

I've been thinking of switching Hope out for Vanille since I have her medic to almost level 4.

Guest eriathomas
this game does not get any easier....some of the random battles take 3 or 4 tries and over 10 minutes!

It seems as soon as you land on Gran Pulse, the normal encounters increase 10 fold in difficulty. How many missions did you do before you continued with the story guys? I'm hoping to at least get through C's, and to the Chocobo stuff.

this game does not get any easier....some of the random battles take 3 or 4 tries and over 10 minutes!

It seems as soon as you land on Gran Pulse, the normal encounters increase 10 fold in difficulty. How many missions did you do before you continued with the story guys? I'm hoping to at least get through C's, and to the Chocobo stuff.

i only did up to mission 9 so far, and you so should switch to vanille, not only is she totally cute but her debuffs rock as well!

Guest eriathomas

The damn map on game radar is so bad. I think I go the right way, then end up some where super far away. I've done up to 11 so far, and also switched in Vanille. I hate how much CP it costs to move one damn node right now.

there is a good place to grind it out on GP if you dont mind repeating the same battle over and over. it should take about a minute or two and net you 6600 CP (by comparison, i just battled out a 10 minute match and only got 6000). it is on the way to vanilles, follow the ! and in the narrow path towards the end there are two dudes that fight each other....you get preemptive and they wont touch you until one is dead.

Guest eriathomas
there is a good place to grind it out on GP if you dont mind repeating the same battle over and over. it should take about a minute or two and net you 6600 CP (by comparison, i just battled out a 10 minute match and only got 6000). it is on the way to vanilles, follow the ! and in the narrow path towards the end there are two dudes that fight each other....you get preemptive and they wont touch you until one is dead.

Yeah, that seems to be the favorite spot for people. I gave up on mission 15, those damn goblins keep kicking my ass. Off to continue the story I go, and I'll have to do the missions post game I guess. i'm not sure if I should do the chocobo achievement now, or wait post game for that.

Guest eriathomas

Nice Vince.

I just got Vanille's summon, and that shit was a pain in the ass to fight. I also switched my party to Lightning, Vanille, and Sazh with Rav/Med/Syn or Rav/Rav/Syn to start fights, depending on how easy they are. Some fights are super easy, but some are annoying (those according looking dudes suck, but you can farm a ton of cp out of them if you let them keep summoning those robots).

Nice Vince.

I just got Vanille's summon, and that shit was a pain in the ass to fight. I also switched my party to Lightning, Vanille, and Sazh with Rav/Med/Syn or Rav/Rav/Syn to start fights, depending on how easy they are. Some fights are super easy, but some are annoying (those according looking dudes suck, but you can farm a ton of cp out of them if you let them keep summoning those robots).

glad im not the only one who was having a tough time w/ these guys. the varying difficulty really throws me. some battles are super easy and others are incredibly difficult.

Guest eriathomas
100k damage [which is pretty easy, i used Fang's summon and with the stagger bonus did 300k]

This also alludes me so far. The most I can get is like 60k+ inside that tower, maybe I need to wait a bit longer.

Guest eriathomas
Pick up Resonance of Fate today, an hour and a half in and it is quite a bit of fun and nowhere near as Complicated as people make it out to be. The tutorial in the arena covered everything. <3

This is next on my list after FFXIII. I thought it looked pretty damn cool, plus I love steampunk stuff.

Pick up Resonance of Fate today, an hour and a half in and it is quite a bit of fun and nowhere near as Complicated as people make it out to be. The tutorial in the arena covered everything. <3

This is next on my list after FFXIII. I thought it looked pretty damn cool, plus I love steampunk stuff.

Obviously I can't give a full review, but it seems like a pretty straightforward JRPG storywise with a Twist on combat and exploration, i've always loved games made by Tri-Ace and so far I'm enjoying it!

Guest eriathomas

Just got the 10,000 steps on pulse achievement, I think that means I am nearing the end of chapter 11. I think I need to grind some more though, since most my guys are only level 4's in 2 different classes, and I'd like it in 3.

Guest eriathomas

I'm hoping to finish up the main story in FFXIII tonight or tomorrow. I'm in the middle of Chapter 12, so it should only be a bit longer.

Anyone buy the MW2 maps? I didn't, and tried to play earlier, and it would not lot me connect at all. I don't know if their servers are overwhelmed or something, but it's search for a minute then kick me off.