What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

I'm done with MW2, have not played it in a few weeks. I just lost interest. Waiting on Halo Reach for my next multiplayer game.

Picked up Transformers: War For Cybertron after playing the multiplayer demo and It's much better then I could have ever expected. As a G1 fan I was hesitant to say the least especially after revenge of the fallen (aka WORST MOVIE EVER!) but this is FINALLY at long last a great Transformers game!

Guest kingbuzzo

I just picked up The Last Remnant and Star Ocean: The Last Hope along with a copy of Final Fantasy XIII. So far The Last Remnant is pretty fun but I can see it getting really frustrating soon.

I'm about to place a preorder on the new Fallout game which will mark the first time I've bought a game new since Pokemon Red and Blue.

Guest eriathomas

I've owned Star Ocean since lauch, and still can't get past the first few hours.

I've been playing Tales of the Abyss. I loves Tales game because of the battle system, and they all seem to have great stories. I'm only like 2 hours into Abyss so it's way too early to judge anything, but it seems pretty solid so far.

Guest kingbuzzo
what'd you pay for star ocean? i POed the new fallout the day they announced the collectors edition. can't wait for that.

I got it for $20 new.

Guest eriathomas

Alan Wake arrived today. I plan on putting a bunch of time into on my 2 days off tomorrow since it's going to be way too fucking hot and humid out to do much of anything else. Anyone play this yet?

I did, and loved it.

As a game, it's not spectacular by any means, but the lighting is probably the best I've seen. It's a third person shooter basically. If you are really into Stephen King, you will probably love it. I mean, the first two words in the game are Stephen King.

If I had to give it an honest review, I'd say 8 out of 10, but I liked it more than that.

I'll give you a tip though... any time the game gives you or you find any extra items like batteries or ammo or whatever, don't hoard them to use at a later date because for some reason, at the beginning of every episode, you lose everything you collected and start fresh with a new set of gear.

Guest eriathomas

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip. I'm looking forward to it, thought it was going to be a bit more survival horror style, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Guest eriathomas

I loved VIII, it's probably my favorite. I loved the story, and actually enjoyed the draw system. Rinoa is my favorite FF girl too :P.

Guest naytoid

Finally got around to playing Skate 3 and I'm not enjoying it. It's horribly designed, everything seems squished together and splitting it up into three islands is lame. That's what made Skate 2 so good, skating from the top to the bottom.

The opening title sequence is my favourite part of the game, so far.