What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

I'm digging Alan Wake so far. The setting and art are really cool. Not a fan of all the collectible achievements the game has, so might not go for 1000g, but will probably do a Nightmare play-through at a later date since Normal's been pretty easy so far (though I suck at dodging sometimes).

Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite too, other than Tactics. Somehow, there are many people who seem to love 7 and think 8 is shit.

I liked 8's story, but the Draw system for getting magic wasn't that great. I was fine with drawing regular magics, but I missed some summons because they had to be drawn out of bosses.

Made it to the end way underpowered and never actually beat the game (same with 9).

Guest eriathomas

Alan Wake was ridiculously short. I may do another play-through on "nightmare mode" to make it feel like I got my moneys worth. I'd love to go for the 1000g, but it has like 300 collectibles you have to get for that, and I had doing that shit. The story was pretty good, and I really liked the how it all looked. The last level sucked, it was just running for like an hour.

I'm hoping Red Dead gets here today so I can start playing this weekend. There hasn't been any mail plane this whole week because of bad weather, so there's a good chance. Otherwise I'm going to be wrapping up Fallout 3 and continuing to play Gears of War for the second time as a refresher before I start playing Gears 2 for the first time.

^ I haven't played either, but I'm going to vote for RE4 since I just saw the trailer for the awful looking new movie...

Since it is going to be a bajillion degrees out tomorrow, I don't have to go to my parents' house to move stuff in the attic for them.

This means I will be getting back into either Final Fantasy 13 or Dragon Age, but probably Dragon Age.

Guest eriathomas

I decided on RE4. The controls are a little squirrel-y, but I should be able to get used to them pretty quick.

Guest eriathomas

I'm finally getting RE4 down. I'm really surprised at how awesome it looks for a PS2 game, and the fact that it actually does 16:9 correctly (looks sweet on my TV that scales other widescreen ps2 games bad, hell 4:3 games look better stretched them native games sometimes). I'm only like 2 hours in, but I'm finally dying less and conserving ammo better. It's pretty awesome so far.

Edit: Anyone else getting stoked for Vanquish in the fall? It looks like Gears on crack, done by a crazy Japanese guy who watched too much anime in the 70's (Casshern).

Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite too, other than Tactics. Somehow, there are many people who seem to love 7 and think 8 is shit.

I liked 8's story, but the Draw system for getting magic wasn't that great. I was fine with drawing regular magics, but I missed some summons because they had to be drawn out of bosses.

Made it to the end way underpowered and never actually beat the game (same with 9).

man, i got all the summons and still couldn't beat the final boss, the only way i ended up beating 8 was refining a bahamut card into 100 megalixirs. it was easy after that, but i mean. shit thats kinda random to beat the game.

Guest eriathomas

Final Fantasy 8 is a bit odd. The monsters and bosses level up according to your characters levels, so if you get someone who is much higher than the rest, the bosses will be super hard because of it. The final boss was pretty easy for me, until that damn last form. I think it took me like 10 tires to beat her, and I'm pretty sure I did a bit of grinding to make sure my main party was equal in level.

Guest eriathomas

Not for $35. It's a really good game, but it's only like 8-12 hours long. It may be worth it if you do multiple play-throughs and get all the collectibles. I'd wait for it to be around $20, or just rent it.

I've been playing some Unreal Tournament 3. Forgot how amazing this game is! Don't know why it hasn't been more popular. PS3 owners need to pick this up (It's seriously less than $10 at Gamestop), download the Titan Pack and Map pack (free add on content), as well as the Community Bonus Packs. Then get on the PSN and add me. Let's chop cats!

Kid_Amnesiac

Guest eriathomas
Deathspank comes out this week.

I'm a bit hesitant, but how could a game made by Ron Gilbert crossed with Diablo style gameplay be bad?

I've been thinking about getting this too, but I think I'll play the demo first. It looks like a lot of fun, but at the same time not too fun. I don't know really know what to think of it.

I've been playing MW2 because of the new-new maps. I realized I'm day-good and night-terrible at this game. It's like being good in the minor leagues but not being able break into the big leagues.
Actually, I think I just suck. I got smoked in like 5 straight maps this afternoon before swearing repeatedly and quitting.

I've been playing MW2 because of the new-new maps. I realized I'm day-good and night-terrible at this game. It's like being good in the minor leagues but not being able break into the big leagues.
Actually, I think I just suck. I got smoked in like 5 straight maps this afternoon before swearing repeatedly and quitting.

I know i am terrible at this game. I was still shitty even when I was using the "noobtube" or whatever it is called.

Guest eriathomas

I only ever did good when I was using the TAR or when I was running around with the Intervention. I was decent at quick scoping for a while, but once you stop for a few weeks it's super hard to get used to again. I had more fun running around with Marathon/Stopping Power/Steady Aim and using akimbo Raffica's.

I'm thinking of getting back into Halo 3, or getting into Team Fortress 2.

Edit: Anyone download Blacklight Tango Down? It looks like a pretty good XBLA FPS. I might grab it tonight after work.