What video games have you been playing?

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I beat the first one 3 or 4 times, love it! Never got past the book moving part in the second. Excited to. Hopefully 3 concludes the story. He originally wanted it to be 16 games!

Worst dub ever, which makes it great. The audio is so compressed it hurts. I don't remember it being like that on the Dreamcast, but it been  a long time.

Yeah I noticed the dialogue was a little off. The graphics are great tho. Controls are fucked but I expected that. So far it’s pretty sick. I can definitely see how Yakuza came from it. 

2 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Taking a little Nioh break since Horizon: Zero Dawn complete was $12 the other day. Pretty fun so far.

How do you like Nioh so far? I loved every single Souls game, but could not bring myself to like Nioh. Usually I got through the levels just fine, only to get one shotted by the boss about 10-15 times before slowly finding out what to use, which i found super frustrating.

18 minutes ago, mesi said:

How do you like Nioh so far? I loved every single Souls game, but could not bring myself to like Nioh. Usually I got through the levels just fine, only to get one shotted by the boss about 10-15 times before slowly finding out what to use, which i found super frustrating.

I loved Nioh! I've beaten the main game and I'm in the endgame content at this point. Attempted one of the DLC bosses and had to go to Way of the Strong to level up a bit. My character gets one-shotted by a ton of stuff, even kind of basic monsters, so I have to dodge a ton. I also use the spirit that activates on death ever since I got it, which helps when I mess up.

Anyone excited about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? (I think that's what it's called)

12 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I loved Nioh! I've beaten the main game and I'm in the endgame content at this point. Attempted one of the DLC bosses and had to go to Way of the Strong to level up a bit. My character gets one-shotted by a ton of stuff, even kind of basic monsters, so I have to dodge a ton. I also use the spirit that activates on death ever since I got it, which helps when I mess up.

Anyone excited about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? (I think that's what it's called)

Thanks for your thoughts, I might give it another shot then.

3 minutes ago, mesi said:

Thanks for your thoughts, I might give it another shot then.

I will say, I had to break a few souls habits to really enjoy it. I always run dex builds for my first run through and I've had loads of fun with the Kusarigama weapon doing that, but it is hard to get used to using it.

6 hours ago, batman said:

Game looks like such a departure from DS and Bloodborne. I’m really excited, but also kinda nervous. Boss fights need to be awesome. 

If you've seen some of this guys other videos then you'll get the high praise he has for Sekiro should alleviate any nervousness about it. Bloodborne is already my favorite in the series so even more fast paced fluid combat has my undies damp haha.

1 hour ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

If you've seen some of this guys other videos then you'll get the high praise he has for Sekiro should alleviate any nervousness about it. Bloodborne is already my favorite in the series so even more fast paced fluid combat has my undies damp haha.

I've watched several of Vaati's lore videos and definitely trust his opinion. Already preordered the collector's edition from Gamestop, so I'm all in. 

10 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Picked up Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for the switch. Both are pretty great so far but I haven’t put a dent in Octopath. 

Octopath is pretty solid. I should go back to it and keep going, took a break from it.

20 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Octopath is pretty solid. I should go back to it and keep going, took a break from it.

12 hours ago, batman said:

I just finished the first chapter for all 8 characters and I’m love. 

Just beat the first boss or whatever. I absolutely adore the world they created. 

16 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Olberic, the warrior. Seems the most straight forward so I went with him. 

That’s what I did too. I’ve been playing right on the edge of (or below) suggested level and it’s been really tough. I’ve been struggling on Olberic’s 2nd chapter now. 

Things I’ve learned so far—save lots of money to buy new gear ASAP, and buffs make a huge difference in battle. 

1 hour ago, batman said:

That’s what I did too. I’ve been playing right on the edge of (or below) suggested level and it’s been really tough. I’ve been struggling on Olberic’s 2nd chapter now. 

Things I’ve learned so far—save lots of money to buy new gear ASAP, and buffs make a huge difference in battle. 

Yeah realized that after a few failed attempts at the first boss. Grinded out a few random fights, sold some stuff and bought potions. Beat the boss first try after that.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Olberic, the warrior. Seems the most straight forward so I went with him. 

1 hour ago, batman said:

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

I’ve been working on Octopath since release and I’m just about finished with all the chapter 2s. Love that it’s so easy to pick up and play just a chapter for an hour. Cyrus is my main. Love mage stuff in RPGs. 

15 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah realized that after a few failed attempts at the first boss. Grinded out a few random fights, sold some stuff and bought potions. Beat the boss first try after that.

Word, word, word. I went with the thief as I almost always do in RPGs. Do not regret.