What video games have you been playing?

Just finished New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It was a lot of fun!! As cool as SMG 1 & 2 are, there's just nothing like a good side-scroller...

My girlfriend and I play that all the time. Easily one of my favorite wii games.

I finally picked up Madden 12 the other day and while it's fun I find passing to be next to impossible.

Gemini Rue is really cool if you're into point-and-click games that cost like 5 bucks.

Just downloaded Dungeons of Dredmor. Really cool roguelike dungeon crawler. Also 5 bucks. Could be less now, I don't know. Full of pop culture references and funny shit. (My Little Anvil: Smithing Is Magic)

so you dug catherine?

i gotta admit it looks really neat, but i have a serious and unexplainable hate for anime and manga.

leading me to believe, that even how original and innovative the game may be, i'll probably not finish it.

Understandable, but you should give it a shot especially if you say the game looks neat to you. I don't like anime myself but the story is actually just good enough for me to look past that concept. Man you'll love it. I want to try out the Multiplayer now that I've finished the story.

The demo of Catherine made me want to kill myself. Is the actual game better? I like puzzle type games but a lot of the demo seemed like a dating sim or something.

Be warned that the game is very challenging on all the difficulty modes. But the whole dating sim thing is just something to move the game along after each level, however it's a good story with some unexpected twists while also challenging your introspect on certain situations. The decisions you make during the game affect the ending.

Went and bought Catherine tonight. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'm pretty excited to start playing.
Picked up Catherine the other day. Can't wait to finally get started on that!

you should play it then!!! :P;D

Lol, I swore I posted that I bought it, but I was actually on the wrong page, so when I didn't see it I was like "what the fuck?" So that's why I posted it twice.

Gotta say Skyrim is easily Game of the Year, with the only close competition being either Portal 2 or maybe Uncharted. They refined the game so well compared to the last in the series, fixed every problem people had, made the world more lively, made the quests more engaging and generally better, the world is fucking amazingly designed. The game is just great all round.

Gotta say Skyrim is easily Game of the Year, with the only close competition being either Portal 2 or maybe Uncharted. They refined the game so well compared to the last in the series, fixed every problem people had, made the world more lively, made the quests more engaging and generally better, the world is fucking amazingly designed. The game is just great all round.

i played a few hours of oblivion so i knew what to expect when playing skyrim and can notice differences, but i wouldn't say they fixed every problem.

A.I. tend to speak at the same time as others if they are both close enough, and they're pretty dumb and tend to walk into walls and stop for no reason.

this never happened in MOST games released this year.

not to mention skyrim is easily the most boring game i've played this year.

i may not be far enough in it to be stating my final opinion, but so far it doesn't even come close to "game of the year" material for me.

uncharted was great.

graphically 10x better than skyrim, and easily 10x as much fun. plus a better and more interesting storyline.

the story of skyrim bores the crap out of me. the dialog, the fact that i have to read books and talk to people and pay attention to/remember things.

none of that is "fun" to me.

but i'm still going to play it, i'd like to beat it just to see what all the fuss is about but outside of the action i haven't had a lick of fun in this game, and i've put about 4 hours in already.

edit: and i LOVE fallout 3/new vegas, so i think its the medieval dragon/elf/ork thing that bores me so much. i really don't like picking classes, and deciding my characters abilities and limitations, and having to remember all that and play accordingly. i really perfer games where that doesn't mater and you just kick ass and have fun.

edit: and i LOVE fallout 3/new vegas, so i think its the medieval dragon/elf/ork thing that bores me so much. i really don't like picking classes, and deciding my characters abilities and limitations, and having to remember all that and play accordingly. i really perfer games where that doesn't mater and you just kick ass and have fun.

AI will always be a problem with Bethesda I'd say, they just don't seem to care. It's almost become "charm" now lol, I agree it's a bit dodge at times though. I have found in this one that the AI comes looking for you way more than the previous games though, it's harder to just hide behind little things than previously.

And it seems you don't really like the typical fantasy RPG, so when you get the epitome of that entire genre you're obviously not gonna like it haha. If you judge it as objectively as possibly it's still very good, it does quests great, the world is lively and pretty, combat is satisfying but a little clunky, but in it's genre it is one of the best games there's been. It definitely is possible GOTY material (and given how many it's already won, it's more than just possibly GOTY material haha). I think another point of the games is you have to really get into them to be able to judge properly, you can't just play 5-10 hours, because the story gets bigger and bigger and more insane as you go on. Lastly it's one of the only true open world games. Fallout 3 was open world but a little more linear, this is completely open world and do what you want. Which if you hate, then you'll fucking hate Skyrim lol, but if you like the ability to go wherever and do whatever then you'll love it. But anyway I'll stop talking about it now... I don't wanna feel like I'm forcing my opinion as right, it's quite fine not to like the game, but I think it's just a little harsh to dismiss is as GOTY material. I'd say Portal 2 is probably the closest, as the level design is fucking insane, the humour is good, and the attention to detail is just so brilliant.

But fuck Valve, they need to make Half-Life 3 already lol

i suck so hard at UMvC3 online. i'm like 3 and 20 so far because everyone just uses Vergil or Wolverine and spams me with speedy attacks. gotta learn to fight fire with fire.

I never really play online. All you see are Wesker, Virgil, and Dante teams. It gets old so damn fast to the point where it isn't even fun I'm getting beat so bad, haha.