What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas
Trying to finish Mirror's Edge without throwing up...

I bought this the other day because it was really cheap and I liked the demo, but man does it suck. It's more annoying then fun, and the physics are so bad. The colors do look pretty cool though. I doubt I'll ever finish it.

I've been playing Lost Odyssey, and the new Left 4 Dead DLC map like crazy.

Trying to finish Mirror's Edge without throwing up...

I bought this the other day because it was really cheap and I liked the demo, but man does it suck. It's more annoying then fun, and the physics are so bad. The colors do look pretty cool though. I doubt I'll ever finish it.

I've been playing Lost Odyssey, and the new Left 4 Dead DLC map like crazy.

Crash course rules. I think I've gotten all the achievements except 20 car pile up and littlest genocide. You play on xbox and not pc, right?

Guest eriathomas

Yeah. I suck right now since I've not played since like April, but i'm slowly getting back into it. How'd you get some of the achievements, so quite a few are glitched?

I really need to go preorder Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, since both are going to be huge launches.

I got all my achievements without glitching. You pretty much just have to get lucky and have a good team with wipefest and truck stop. The toughest one to get for me was the 25 pounce damage one. I ended up getting it of the warehouse roof that the survivors usually go into right before the howitzer part. You can also get it off the roof at the start of the first map or by jumping on them when they are running under the bridge.

Guest eriathomas

I don't mean glitch to cheat, I mean glitch as in some don't unlock when done. I know the one where you pull the bile covered survivor hardly ever unlocks properly.

Guest eriathomas

Borderlands looks awesome, but I'm not into MMO type RPGs, so I'm may need to check it out before I purchase it. I love JRPGs, but I want to give Fallout 3 a try here soon.

Guest eriathomas

I forgot Magna Carta 2 comes out this week, but I think I might wait for the reviews on it since the first was kind of crappy. I also would like to beat the RPG I'm playing now before buying another, in case the price drops or something.

I'm going to be playing the campaign on ODST at work, if the other kid who owns it comes in. I'm looking forward to more Halo campaign, since I really don't like it online all that much.

Guest markovianprocess
Twilight Princess. Never got around to playing the whole game until now. Fun stuff.

Oh you just reminded me of the new Zelda game coming out at the end of the year. Phantom Hourglass was such an amazing game, I'm looking forward to Spirit Tracks.

I just finished Uncharted 2 for a review, first game i've played right through on a PS3, if i didn't get to do this for free i would have definitely bought a PS3 just to do so! It's possibly the best game i've ever played even though it doesn't have the awesome multiplayer that COD4 has or Modern Warfare 2 will have. Anyone who owns a PS3 and doesn't buy this would be an idiot!

I don't mean glitch to cheat, I mean glitch as in some don't unlock when done. I know the one where you pull the bile covered survivor hardly ever unlocks properly.

i've had like 5 different of those happen. pisses me off. after a while i stopped trying for the achievements. the final level episode, where you're in the allegheny nat'l forest and running through the corn field to that house, i beat it a half dozen times and it would never unlock. i think when akimbo didn't unlock is when i gave up, that one kinda sucked to get.

Guest eriathomas

i've had like 5 different of those happen. pisses me off. after a while i stopped trying for the achievements. the final level episode, where you're in the allegheny nat'l forest and running through the corn field to that house, i beat it a half dozen times and it would never unlock. i think when akimbo didn't unlock is when i gave up, that one kinda sucked to get.

None of the original ones were glitched, only the new ones in the DLC.

Guest eriathomas

No clue, since I never played survival mode all that much. It's fun, but not as fun as the others.

You play any custom maps on the PC version? I know some mall level is coming out, and valve liked it so much they sent the creators a file of Francis saying "I hate malls".

I'm approaching the end of LO. I'm about to enter Numura on the 4th disc, then I'll probably do a bunch of the side-quests and achievements before I go off to Grand Staff. I'm liking this game a lot more then the first time I tried to play it.

Edit: Any Portal fans spend the points to play Portal: Still alive off the arcade? I'm tempted to, but it costs more then I paid for the orange box shipped. I'd really like to check out the new challenge maps and such.