What video games have you been playing?

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a few hours "playing" HER STORY last night-- really into this style of "game!" I'm surprised the formula of solving mysteries through database searching hasn't been expanded upon more previously (though maybe it has and I'm just not familiar with the genre until now)

I have to say, the idea of this game really intrigues me, mainly because it's so different to most other games.

That said, it's very similar to my job so I dont know if I actually want to play it! I'm a Fraud Investigator, and it involves a LOT of database searching with names, addresses etc, and as searches reveal information I then use that to expand my searches further. Sound familiar?

I have to say, the idea of this game really intrigues me, mainly because it's so different to most other games.

That said, it's very similar to my job so I dont know if I actually want to play it! I'm a Fraud Investigator, and it involves a LOT of database searching with names, addresses etc, and as searches reveal information I then use that to expand my searches further. Sound familiar?

You would expertly plow through that game in like thirty minutes then! haha that sounds like the exact process utilized in Her Story. It really does intrigue me as a plot mechanism! I'm sure the actual real-life work of it can seem dull though but the "ah-ha!!" and "wait a minute.." moments are just so invigorating. 

Watch the gamefly monthly sales. I believe i saw in in past months in the 20 dollar range which means it is trending down.

Also check your local public library. Mine has a ton of games. I may never have to buy one again

I got it for $16 from Best Buy on Black Friday. Need to play it still. But yeah the deals can be found.

I completed Arkham Knight with 100% last week. I've started playing Assassin's Creed Unity the past couple days. It's fun. I've never really gotten into the series, played a little bit of 1 and 2 and Black Flag, but never got too deep into any of them.

I've also been playing a lot of Settlers of Catan on my kindle.

I've been debating on whether I should buy Dark Souls II. Never even beat the first, so I don't know if I want to go through this whole frustration again. Also don't know if they're connected or not, so there's that too.

DS1 is the better game, but if you do get DS2 make sure you get the SOTFS version. There are a few references to the 1st one, but they're not very story-centric games on the surface unless you dig into the lore via item descriptions.

DS1 is the better game, but if you do get DS2 make sure you get the SOTFS version. There are a few references to the 1st one, but they're not very story-centric games on the surface unless you dig into the lore via item descriptions.

All right, gotcha. I do want to beat the first, but damn it, I suck.

at least it wasn't as bad as The Order 1886.

Haven't played The Order yet b/c everyone said how short it was. I think it coasts around $15-$20 bucks now so eventually I want to get it. 

Right now I am playing through Shovel Knight and I just recently picked up Life is Strange so that will be my next play through.