What video games have you been playing?

I have a question for any N64 peeps. I'm playing No Mercy and at times during tag team matches it'll slow down. Does an expansion pak fix this issue? I tried looking it up but most of the answers say no but I found some that say yes. More memory generally fixes any frame rate issue but idk how Nintendo programmed/designed it to work. I just don't wanna spend $20 for it not to work since I don't have any other games that require it.

I did 2 play throughs this weekend on Brothers, A Tale of Two Sons. Very short indie game with no dialogue but the story was still pretty cool. The controls were tough for a minute but once you get them down, it works well with the game. Would have been cool to have a two player mode as well.

I've been playing Arkham Knight and am absolutely loving it. Maybe a little bit too much Batmobile in places (much prefer gliding, it's so much cooler), but it's pretty good!

Also it was my birthday over the weekend and for a bit of fun my friend gave me THPS5. I'd heard about how awful it was, but that they'd released an 8gb patch to fix it. I had no idea how it would be but it's a hell of a lot better than the videos I've seen "pre-patch"! I mean it won't beat the original games but it's good mindless fun.

I've been playing Arkham Knight and am absolutely loving it. Maybe a little bit too much Batmobile in places (much prefer gliding, it's so much cooler), but it's pretty good!

Also it was my birthday over the weekend and for a bit of fun my friend gave me THPS5. I'd heard about how awful it was, but that they'd released an 8gb patch to fix it. I had no idea how it would be but it's a hell of a lot better than the videos I've seen "pre-patch"! I mean it won't beat the original games but it's good mindless fun.

Haven't played it yet (heard how not very good it was), but I'm glad to hear it's at least a little better with the patch. Those games have such a special place in my heart. Plus Lizzie Armanto deserves all the royalty money she can get.

I need to check in on the DLC for Arkham Knight. I was pretty close to buying the season pass but I think paying for skins is pretty dumb. Maybe I'll still buy it if there is enough new gameplay up there. Paying for it piecemeal seems to get pretty expensive quickly as well.

Not a bad DLC packs (imo) as I bought the pass. Need to finish up the last few pieces actually. What really pisses me off with the game is they released a 1960's TV pack but they have no plans to release the PS4 exclusive Adam West skin to the other systems... that was the highlight I was really anticipating, playing has him. Love the cheesy show.

Nice! Yeah I wish it was PS3.

What I really wish is they'd just let me play the goddamn thing on PS4.

grumble grumble.

Yep, completely agree with you! Don't wanna start a stupid xb1/ps4 debate (I have both!) but if MS can make backwards compatibility work then surely Sony can.

Sony are getting lazy though and I think that's the root of the isse, they're really just coasting on the success of the ps4. I remember the days of amazing ps+ games every month on ps3, now it's all just mostly boring indie games I have no intention of playing, with the odd gem thrown in. Once they slip behind MS hopefully they'll up their game...

Yep, completely agree with you! Don't wanna start a stupid xb1/ps4 debate (I have both!) but if MS can make backwards compatibility work then surely Sony can.

Sony are getting lazy though and I think that's the root of the isse, they're really just coasting on the success of the ps4. I remember the days of amazing ps+ games every month on ps3, now it's all just mostly boring indie games I have no intention of playing, with the odd gem thrown in. Once they slip behind MS hopefully they'll up their game...

Yeah, we'll see.

I don't keep up on the behind the scenes stuff, but I know they made a new company or whatever and they are going to be putting out VR games in the future and all... but yeah I'm still salty about backwards compatibility.

The bitter realist in me believes it's because they loooooove nothing more than upscaling a shitty old game and selling it as a remaster for $45-60 again.

And honestly, as a video game fan, I'm fine with it. If they're gonna do it, do it. I bought DmC when they re-released it for ps4. I'll buy the Uncharted series sometime down the line. I'd buy Demon's Souls, I'd buy Dark Souls... there are so many games I would buy for ps4.

I don't even need the upscaling. Just port that shit and sell it to me. I hate PS Now. I want to buy it. I want to own it. I will give you my money Sony. God dammit.