What video games have you been playing?

They made the vita my current favorite console to play on. If you enjoy the visual novel medium or have enjoyed games like Phoenix Wright I'd highly recommend them. Danganronpa 1: Trigger Happy Havok and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair combined gave me about 70-75 hours of "playtime". The first one is more interactive novel than game but both have really amusing and engaging over the top characters with really charming design. The murder mysteries are actually pretty interesting too. It all just depends if you're alright with the experience of reading a story rather than playing an action or immediate reward type gaming experience. I'd also suggest playing with Japanese audio. There's a vocal supportive fanbase of the dub but in my opinion it alters the tone of many characters and the overall atmosphere in a negative way. In the original Japanese version the main villain is very cruelly indifferent but in the American dub he has what I consider a terrible over enunciated childlike voice that ruins the tone of the character for me. In general the English voices are much less suited for the characters and too childlike for me while the originals really push the subtleties of the characters, especially in the second game. And it really is just a very intricate story about these very well designed and written characters. In my perception the second games cast each embody various mental and physical illnesses and impairments and the core of the story is how they manage them and how it affects the way they interact with others. I'd definitely say try em.

21 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

They made the vita my current favorite console to play on. If you enjoy the visual novel medium or have enjoyed games like Phoenix Wright I'd highly recommend them. Danganronpa 1: Trigger Happy Havok and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair combined gave me about 70-75 hours of "playtime". The first one is more interactive novel than game but both have really amusing and engaging over the top characters with really charming design. The murder mysteries are actually pretty interesting too. It all just depends if you're alright with the experience of reading a story rather than playing an action or immediate reward type gaming experience. I'd also suggest playing with Japanese audio. There's a vocal supportive fanbase of the dub but in my opinion it alters the tone of many characters and the overall atmosphere in a negative way. In the original Japanese version the main villain is very cruelly indifferent but in the American dub he has what I consider a terrible over enunciated childlike voice that ruins the tone of the character for me. In general the English voices are much less suited for the characters and too childlike for me while the originals really push the subtleties of the characters, especially in the second game. And it really is just a very intricate story about these very well designed and written characters. In my perception the second games cast each embody various mental and physical illnesses and impairments and the core of the story is how they manage them and how it affects the way they interact with others. I'd definitely say try em.

yeah i'm intrigued by the genre. i just recently picked up P4G, steins;gate, and code realize (which i guess is more of an otome, but it was very well reviewed), so after i get through those i'll have to give danganronpa a try. i'm also interested in playing the zero escape series but the first game is on the nintendo ds. i'm gonna be living out of a hotel room on the other side of the US for most of the summer, so i'm trying to get my gaming fix.

On 6/1/2016 at 4:15 PM, dkrtz said:

I liked the anime of Danganronpa and really want to try the games. Monokuma's voice is annoying in the anime too though.

9 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything GAME-wise besides new Legend Of Zelda.  Which is already promised to be there.  Hopefully we get more info on the new console though.

I just want new console info, been holding off on a Wii u in anticipation!

Looks like there's going to be a Skyrim Definitive Edition coming to next gen... rumors earlier this week and apparently a pre-order listing was discovered today. November 23 release date, all DLC's, "better" graphics, AND mod support? E3 should have an announcement about it OR more ESO OR #6...

I've actually been doing a PC run (with mods) and it's been very cool. Absolutely LOVE the game! Talking with a friend, it seems the first Bethesda RPG you play is (usually) your favorite.

1 hour ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Looks like there's going to be a Skyrim Definitive Edition coming to next gen... rumors earlier this week and apparently a pre-order listing was discovered today. November 23 release date, all DLC's, "better" graphics, AND mod support? E3 should have an announcement about it OR more ESO OR #6...

I've actually been doing a PC run (with mods) and it's been very cool. Absolutely LOVE the game! Talking with a friend, it seems the first Bethesda RPG you play is (usually) your favorite.

Fallout New Vegas is my favorite but 3 was my first Bethesda game. I also love Skyrim, and am super excited for a remaster. Hopefully the $40 price tag isn't real, but I'd probably still bite. I'm sure doing a remaster was a huge workload for a game that size. 

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Fallout New Vegas is my favorite but 3 was my first Bethesda game. I also love Skyrim, and am super excited for a remaster. Hopefully the $40 price tag isn't real, but I'd probably still bite. I'm sure doing a remaster was a huge workload for a game that size. 

Oooohh... New Vegas is a close second for me. Back when they were developing Fallout 4, I read that some of the team was actually tasked with porting Skyrim to next gen. Can't remember why or the benefits from doing that though. I just want moar Elder Scrolls soon.

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I just want new console info, been holding off on a Wii u in anticipation!

They could just be trying to throw people

off but they've publicly stated that there won't be any news on NX at E3. Originally all they planned to do was have LoZ WiiU playable at the show. They've since added 3 or 4 other games they plan to show off.

2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

They could just be trying to throw people

off but they've publicly stated that there won't be any news on NX at E3. Originally all they planned to do was have LoZ WiiU playable at the show. They've since added 3 or 4 other games they plan to show off.

:(