What video games have you been playing?

I promise not to spam my work here too much, but we're offering a sale on Xbox currency and membership in conjunction with the Summer Sale right now:

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Cards-Codes-Points/

And Pokemon Go was released to Australia, we sell AUS iTunes Currency if you need some to set up an account/for in-app purchases:

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/iTunes-Gift-Cards-AU/

Make sure to watch our Facebook page, we give away a lot of free currency (PSN, Karma, Nintendo, etc):  https://www.facebook.com/pcgamesupply/

Edited by daegor

I haven't been buying records lately which has allowed me to spend money on video games. Over the past month or two I've acquired a ps2 and Sega Genesis/Cd. Couldn't be any happier playing these older systems honestly. I found a place that had a rack filled with disc only games that were scratched to shit for a dollar a piece. It was almost like crate digging so I was used to sitting there for a long time waiting for something good to appear. I ended up getting 11 games and took them to some other place to have them resurfaced for a dollar. Out of 11 of those games the only one that didn't work was Road Rash for playstation, not bad for a $12 investment. Other than that I picked up now working copies of Def Jam fight for NY on Ps2 and Xbox (this game goes for about $50), Punky Skunk, Power Rangers Super Legends, Rampage 2 Universal tour, Simpsons Hit and Run, Red Steel 2, Dead Space Extraction, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Black. 

Ive been playing the shit out of Def Jam fight for NY and just recently realized it was developed by AKI Corporation which is the same company that worked on No Mercy for N64. Most of the double team animations are exactly the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

^nice! I know that nobody here cares about Destiny anymore but I platinumed that recently after soloing the Crota raid without dying.  Pretty fun.

Nice. Dark Souls III is next for me. I just need a few more things and I'll be done. I have about 150 hours in that I think. 

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

^nice! I know that nobody here cares about Destiny anymore but I platinumed that recently after soloing the Crota raid without dying.  Pretty fun.

That was the cherry on top of that game before I quit whenever they ruined the game last year. Was a good feeling.

Humble Bundle recently had a daily deal for Gang Beasts. I know it's still in early access, and been in development for years... But I've been wanting to play it for a long time. At 12.50 I couldn't say no.

Holy shit, is it fun.

I can't say it's worth the $19.99 price it normally goes for, But if you can get it for cheaper I really recommend it. The character animations are hilarious and it's a great party game. Throwing punches is really satisfying in it also.

I've also been playing the following (if anyone care to chat about them):
Uncharted 4
Dark Souls III
Lego Star Wars ep 7
Earth Defense Force 4.1

1 hour ago, Ryan8765 said:

Humble Bundle recently had a daily deal for Gang Beasts. I know it's still in early access, and been in development for years... But I've been wanting to play it for a long time. At 12.50 I couldn't say no.

Holy shit, is it fun.

I can't say it's worth the $19.99 price it normally goes for, But if you can get it for cheaper I really recommend it. The character animations are hilarious and it's a great party game. Throwing punches is really satisfying in it also.

Is that deal still going on?  Love me some Gang Beasts.  Always have so much fun playing it at my buddy's house.

3 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Is that deal still going on?  Love me some Gang Beasts.  Always have so much fun playing it at my buddy's house.

Doesn't appear so.

It was the daily deal on Thursday 7/21. I only caught it by chance because I needed something fun to play with my nephew.

Decided to pull the trigger for $19.99, but decided to check cheapshark website just to see if I could find it cheaper.

Sure enough, Humble Bundle pulled through and my prayer was answered.

Grudges were settled and many laughs were had while playing this game.  

Picked up a modded PS2 a few weeks ago for $30 and I've been playing Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. This game is freaking me out. Not even in the sense that I'm too scared to play but when I'm done playing and I'm at work - people will pop up out of nowhere when I'm least expecting it and I'll jump haha

Has anyone been playing Furi? It's the free game on PSN right now and it's fucking hard, the game is basically just boss fights that involve strategy, close combat, and long range combat. I'm stuck on the 3rd boss but what I've gathered from seeing posts online this boss is the hardest. So far the game is enjoyable but definitely nerve racking, if you die at any point you have to start from the beginning of the boss fight.

On July 29, 2016 at 10:52 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Haven't taken Resident Evil 5 out of Xbox One in a week. I wouldn't say it's much of a remaster, but I love this game so much. I bought it like six times on the 360, so I'm fucking stoked to play it again. 

4 and 5 were both badass. I think i

liked 4 a little more. It had the arcade-style game with the chainsaw guys for after you beat the story, right? It's been awhile..

12 minutes ago, thebiglebowski said:

4 and 5 were both badass. I think i

liked 4 a little more. It had the arcade-style game with the chainsaw guys for after you beat the story, right? It's been awhile..

Not sure, I've only finished it once so I don't remember. The rerelease of 4 is supposed to come out in September. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

Ever since I beat Fallout about a week ago I started combing through my steam library for games I either never finished or haven't played in a while.  Queued up about a dozen to play again and been tooling around in Dirt 2 again.  Aged very well for a 2009 racing game.  Bums me out racing against Dave Mirra. :(

6 hours ago, rooks said:

My shop hooked me up again (No Man's Sky)! Gonna be exploring space tonight bois.

Pretty much no expectations outside of hoping it's a chill entertaining game.

Anybody else been keeping up on the leaks/info for NMS?

I know the developers already announced a day-one patch.  I'm already completely okay knowing that there's no way this game will ever live up to all the hype and expectations.  But I'm so very excited nonetheless!

3 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I know the developers already announced a day-one patch.  I'm already completely okay knowing that there's no way this game will ever live up to all the hype and expectations.  But I'm so very excited nonetheless!

Saw that too, definitely a few things I hope they clean up in it! I never really had hype outside of "chill game to fly around and see weird shit and collect stuff" and it's definitely living up to that! Even a little deeper than I anticipated. Much more economy/trading/inventory management/crafting than I anticipated.