What video games have you been playing?

That looks like an upgrade from the switchblade she was proficient with in the first game.  Between that, the tattoos, and her scars, it's looking like Ellie is more of a certifiable badass this time around.  Really makes you wonder how much time has passed.

People are theorizing that Joel may be a memory or illusion to her, and that he was perhaps killed between the games' gap, making for a particularly bloody revenge story in the sequel.  Would be a bold move by Naughty Dog, but one hell of a twist and incentive for Ellie to take no prisoners.  And in all fairness, it doesn't seem like Joel has aged a bit since we last saw him...

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

That looks like an upgrade from the switchblade she was proficient with in the first game.  Between that, the tattoos, and her scars, it's looking like Ellie is more of a certifiable badass this time around.  Really makes you wonder how much time has passed.

People are theorizing that Joel may be a memory or illusion to her, and that he was perhaps killed between the games' gap, making for a particularly bloody revenge story in the sequel.  Would be a bold move by Naughty Dog, but one hell of a twist and incentive for Ellie to take no prisoners.  And in all fairness, it doesn't seem like Joel has aged a bit since we last saw him...

It's only a few years later, she's 19 now.

Also, Druckmann said if the last game was about the love between thee 2 characters, this game is about hate.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-2-will-be-a-game-about-hate-1789662506

Excite

2 hours ago, rooks said:

It's only a few years later, she's 19 now.

Also, Druckmann said if the last game was about the love between thee 2 characters, this game is about hate.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-2-will-be-a-game-about-hate-1789662506

Excite

Five years, to be technical.  I feel like a lot of shit could go down in 5 years but I guess we'll see.

Nice Kotaku link, though.  That's got me pretty stoked to say the least.  Loving those renders and general art directions so far, too.

I got an XBone S and Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive. I absolutely love playing Perfect Dark again. The whole Rare collection is awesome. I never got to play Conker, Jet Force Gemini or the Banjo games on the N64 before, now I can. 

And Sunset Overdrive is AWESOME! It borrows from so many IPs but still feels like its own unique experience. 

15 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I got an XBone S and Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive. I absolutely love playing Perfect Dark again. The whole Rare collection is awesome. I never got to play Conker, Jet Force Gemini or the Banjo games on the N64 before, now I can. 

And Sunset Overdrive is AWESOME! It borrows from so many IPs but still feels like its own unique experience. 

Yeah as soon as you get the air thrust ability in Sunset Overdrive, it becomes a completely different game (in a good way). I think the recent update on the XB1 fixed the video lag issue on Xbox BC games so Nuts & Bolts shouldn't be an issue anymore. 

1 hour ago, burkyburk said:

Anyone playing Steep? I haven't played a snowboarding/skiing game since SSX. Curious about it but wondering if I could justify the price tag.

I'm hoping to get it from gamefly in the next week or so. It sounds cool but I'm worried about all the racing shit. 

This is so strange 5 minutes after I post this the game hard freezes. When it reloads it's running perfect. Wtf. 

Keep in mind the lag was happening for the last 4 hours of game play and I shut off the consol twice. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

37 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

I'm playing skyrim on Xbox one and it is very choppy/laggy are there any tips to make it run more smooth. 

It it is very apparent when I spin around in a circle. And some AIs walk around on their knees. 

Hmm. I didn't/don't have any major issues or lag like that. Although I believe it froze on me once (and had to revert to an old save, hahaha).

If you don't care about achievements, downloading mods like the "unofficial patch" could be helpful, there's also a few environmental ones that remove or reduce clutter and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone played Rocksmith? My friends got me a bass with the intention of teaching me how to play it but we have really opposite schedules and it hasn't worked out that well. I've read some reviews and Rocksmith seems good but looking for someone from here's opinion. Thanks!

21 hours ago, dethrock said:

Has anyone played Rocksmith? My friends got me a bass with the intention of teaching me how to play it but we have really opposite schedules and it hasn't worked out that well. I've read some reviews and Rocksmith seems good but looking for someone from here's opinion. Thanks!

They just released an update allowing you to play acoustic by using a USB mic. I've heard good things about it but if you're still on the fence, you can buy a cheap copy without the cable and try it out using the USB mic setting. The game itself has a scaled difficulty so it starts off super easy and then raises the bar the better you get. 

On 12/25/2016 at 4:22 PM, dethrock said:

It's $30 at GameStop until the end of the day