What video games have you been playing?

Just beat the two DLCs of Witcher 3. Does anyone know if the stats of the gear you pick up is generated when you get it, and corresponds to the level you get it at? For instance, I'm able to craft grand master right now, but I don't want to craft it now if the stats are based on my current level. Especially if I'm going to go to NG in a bit.

17 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Can't wait for The War for Mordor!!!

Agreed. I do hope they do something less repetitive though. By the end of the first game, I was sick of it. 

Anyone played Horizon: Zero Dawn yet? Graphics are out of this fucking world. You can see strands of hair and individual blades of grass. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Agreed. I do hope they do something less repetitive though. By the end of the first game, I was sick of it. 

Anyone played Horizon: Zero Dawn yet? Graphics are out of this fucking world. You can see strands of hair and individual blades of grass. 

Yeah, by the end of the first one I was pretty done. I actually took a little break in the middle which may have helped.

My back catalog is getting so out of hand.

Since starting Yakuza 0, I've bought:

Resident Evil 7

Final Fantasy 15

The Last Guardian

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I kept telling myself "I'm not going to start any of these other games until I finish Yakuza."  Well I broke my own rule tonight and started Horizon because of all the hype.  I feel so bad when I do that.  I'm loving Yakuza so much and I worry when I do this that I won't finish the game I'm already in the middle of.

So I'm going to do my best to balance both Yakuza and Horizon for the time being.  It just sucks that I never have enough time to play all the stuff I want. 

EDIT:  Horizon is incredible by the way.  Loving it a lot so far.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

I'm laughably behind on my backlog; just finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls III. Really great game! Not as good as Dark Souls, but I think it was a more consistent game, if that makes sense.

I also JUST beat the Nameless King and I was literally shaking as I got him down to his last 20% or so of his health - I literally think my heart was racing more than if I ran a few miles hahaha what an amazing boss. 

10 hours ago, cantdance said:

I'm laughably behind on my backlog; just finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls III. Really great game! Not as good as Dark Souls, but I think it was a more consistent game, if that makes sense.

I also JUST beat the Nameless King and I was literally shaking as I got him down to his last 20% or so of his health - I literally think my heart was racing more than if I ran a few miles hahaha what an amazing boss. 

Same, my backlog is something like 35 physical games and a plethora of digital games. I just keep buying games that are hella discounted. I actually just got Dark Souls 3 for $20 yesterday, thought i'd give it a shot since it's cheap.

I have been tapping my local library for games. They normally dont get stuff right at release date but like many others im so far behind on my back catalog if i see something there i want to play i check it out and get three weeks. The rest of the time try and work on the back catalog. Just grabbed battlefield 1 and Mafia III from the library. Just going to tackle battlefield 1 canpaign which has been fun thus far and super short (like 5 hours). 

6 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Same, my backlog is something like 35 physical games and a plethora of digital games. I just keep buying games that are hella discounted. I actually just got Dark Souls 3 for $20 yesterday, thought i'd give it a shot since it's cheap.

Best $20 you'll ever spend. I've been playing it since May and I'm still not sick of it. About 400 hours worth of game play so far. DLC #2 is coming out this month as well. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

31 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Best $20 you'll ever spend. I've been playing it since May and I'm still not sick of it. About 400 hours with of game play so far. DLC #2 is coming out this month as well. 

Damn that's a lot of work haha.

I also thought about grabbing the latest Hitman game, the steelbook edition is cheap online. I liked Absolution and have heard nothing but good things about this new one.

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Breaking News: Nintendo Switch cartridges taste like shit. Terrible console, do not buy!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/14784140/nintendo-switch-cartridges-taste-awful-psa

Is that a real article?  Are people actually taste-testing cartridges out of curiosity?  If so, I think we're both aware of what they can wash that down with.

I was thinking about getting a switch but then I read some reviews. I'll wait until they come out with a redesigned console.  Honestly I've never been one to buy into the hype to buy something at launch so waiting isn't really a big deal. Hell I might just try to score a wii u for the low since I missed out on some games. 

31 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The Switch is cool as hell. BOTW is as good as everyone is saying. Glad I pre-ordered it. 

I pre-ordered BOTW with Amazon on the Wii U and got an email yesterday at 2am saying my copy would be delayed until Monday. Then I got another later in the day saying that it may or may not be even longer.  Bit shitty. Got plenty of other games to play through though so I can wait, especially as I got it for about £28 ($35). 

7 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

I pre-ordered BOTW with Amazon on the Wii U and got an email yesterday at 2am saying my copy would be delayed until Monday. Then I got another later in the day saying that it may or may not be even longer.  Bit shitty. Got plenty of other games to play through though so I can wait, especially as I got it for about £28 ($35). 

Looks like they're delaying Switch console orders as well - 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/03/nintendo-switch-amazon-preorders-suffer-widespread-delays

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Debating picking up Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. Anyone recommend it?

Graphics are great, game is fun. I'm not big on sandbox type games so I'm playing in smaller doses than other games I like. It's a nice combo of a lot of games - Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Monster Hunter, Tomb Raider... But with robot dinosaurs :).

It's a really good game with great reviews. But it's definitely a sandbox type games. You have to be willing to walk a lot and talk a lot and take on a lot of side quests, etc. Story is good fwiw.