Jump to content
jayeffscene

What video games have you been playing?

Recommended Posts

P5R should be here Wednesday and I'm about to finish Doom Eternal but will probably go back and clean up and trophy hunt for it. Animal Crossing is taking up most of my time though.

 

My hype for RE3 plummeted after the reviews came out and it's only 5-6 hours long. Thought about cancelling it but have a preorder price of $50 so I figured I'll finish it next weekend then sell it on eBay for $40 hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Been going crazy on the PS4 and Switch trying to kill time.

 

I beat Luigi's Mansion 3, Breathe of the Wild (everything but korok seeds), Shadow of the Colossus, Fallout 4: Nuka-Cola World and even platinum'd PaRappa The Rapper Remaster and Ratchet & Clank 2016. Started a playthrough of Bayonetta and I'm going through the story mode on Super Mario Maker 2. 

 

Breathe of the Wild made me realize how shitty open world games were in comparison and going back and playing Fallout 4, I just couldn't stop thinking that this game is ass. It's so mindless, and there's no emotions to anything you do in it. I'm not sure if I even wanna start RDR2 or Outer Worlds if it's gonna have a similar effect.

 

I also forgot how amazing Ratchet & Clank are, the 2016 remake is a real gem. I might go back and purchase all the old ones for PS3, including the PS2 collection.

 

Fuck stage 4 of PaRappa The Rapper.

 

SotC is a beautiful game with the worst controls I've ever experienced. It was definitely fun though overall, contemplating going for the platinum on this one.

 

Games on my list to play and/or finish:

Bayonetta 1 & 2

Spyro 2 &3

Wolfenstein 2

RDR2

Uncharted 4 (2nd playthrough)

Cuphead

Celeste

Outer Worlds

Super Hot

Destroy All Humans

Bloodborne

MGSV

Horizon Dawn Zero

 

Oh, and allegedly the MW2 remaster is coming out today. Fuck me.

Edited by Reshiram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, museummouth said:

My hype for RE3 plummeted after the reviews came out and it's only 5-6 hours long. Thought about cancelling it but have a preorder price of $50 so I figured I'll finish it next weekend then sell it on eBay for $40 hopefully.


Lol what??  I never played the original and didn’t plan on getting the remake but how long is the original?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rip said:


Lol what??  I never played the original and didn’t plan on getting the remake but how long is the original?

Yeah original is same length roughly, shorter than RE2 and apparently they cut some sections too which could’ve been expanded. No secondary campaign either like Leon and Claire. Also Nemesis seems to be a step down from Mr. X. 
 

I’m glad these are getting remakes but $60 is a lot for a game that short. Should’ve waited and bundled 2 and 3 in one pack for $60. 
 

Rumor is RE4 is next and hopefully it’ll launch on next gen. My fav of the series by far and a much longer game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rip said:

That’s so weird.  I guess I’ve never played a Resident Evil game because I had no idea they were so ridiculously short.

The first three are short because a lot of the game length is dependent on puzzle solving/finding an item to open a door and then finding a different item to open a different thing etc. if you know where to go you can speed run in 2 hours or so. 7 was the same way and there’s actually a trophy for less than 4 hour speedrun. 
 

4/5/6 are longer and streamlined, losing the puzzle aspects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, museummouth said:

The first three are short because a lot of the game length is dependent on puzzle solving/finding an item to open a door and then finding a different item to open a different thing etc. if you know where to go you can speed run in 2 hours or so. 7 was the same way and there’s actually a trophy for less than 4 hour speedrun. 
 

4/5/6 are longer and streamlined, losing the puzzle aspects. 


Huh, I never knew any of this.  My main experience with RE games is watching my buddy play some of 4 when we were younger and I played a little bit of 7.  But that’s it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, Rip said:

Still gotta go back and finish Octopath Traveler as well.  TOO MUCH STUFF.

I really liked Octopath Traveler.

 

I started Hyper Light Drifter a few days ago and it seems fun so far.  My weakness for Switch estore sales has given me a nice bit of backlog to work through while I'm stuck at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat RE3 in two sittings. Could’ve done it in one if I wanted too. Much too short and more bare bones than RE2. Already sold it on eBay and got 95% of my money back. Total playtime for me was 4.5 hours on normal. It was fun but not worth full price. Should’ve just been a $20 dlc for RE2. 
 

On the other hand I’m a few hours into Persona 5 and it’s still tutorial lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, museummouth said:

Beat RE3 in two sittings. Could’ve done it in one if I wanted too. Much too short and more bare bones than RE2. Already sold it on eBay and got 95% of my money back. Total playtime for me was 4.5 hours on normal. It was fun but not worth full price. Should’ve just been a $20 dlc for RE2. 
 

On the other hand I’m a few hours into Persona 5 and it’s still tutorial lol. 

5 hours 59 minutes for me but same, sold on eBay within an hour of completing it and went back to P5R lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, museummouth said:

FFVII Remake is glorious.

 

That's all.

 

Reminds me so much of Kingdom Hearts 1 in combat but better. 

I could see that.  Without getting pummeled while navigating menus, thank goodness.  Not only is the slow motion / pause a godsend in that regard, but it's really helping me to appreciate the details in everything happening at once.

 

How far away is the second installment, you think?  Years into the PS5's lifecycle or sooner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought Animal Crossing two weeks ago when everyone at my job was sent to work from home. Been playing it every shift and I'm at the point where I don't want to play anymore after putting in a ton of hours. My island is set up how I want it, could be  a lot better but moving everything around is a pain in the ass and they don't give you the island editor right away. You'd think they would incorporate the switch touch screen feature to make things easier to move around and edit. 

 

Now I'm working on transforming my island but where I want to edit everything I have like 100+ fruit trees. About to say fuck it and just keep my island at 3 stars but seeing all these 5 star islands on YouTube makes me envious. 

 

My guess is if I were to cover all the water on the island and remove most the trees so I can set up a layout for all the homes and make roads/paths, it might make things easier but if anyone has tips, I'm all ears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I could see that.  Without getting pummeled while navigating menus, thank goodness.  Not only is the slow motion / pause a godsend in that regard, but it's really helping me to appreciate the details in everything happening at once.

 

How far away is the second installment, you think?  Years into the PS5's lifecycle or sooner?

I’m guessing we’ll get two more games maybe spaced 2 years apart. They have the engine and UI and basic system now so it’s just making the new environments and characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Bought Animal Crossing two weeks ago when everyone at my job was sent to work from home. Been playing it every shift and I'm at the point where I don't want to play anymore after putting in a ton of hours. My island is set up how I want it, could be  a lot better but moving everything around is a pain in the ass and they don't give you the island editor right away. You'd think they would incorporate the switch touch screen feature to make things easier to move around and edit. 

 

Now I'm working on transforming my island but where I want to edit everything I have like 100+ fruit trees. About to say fuck it and just keep my island at 3 stars but seeing all these 5 star islands on YouTube makes me envious. 

 

My guess is if I were to cover all the water on the island and remove most the trees so I can set up a layout for all the homes and make roads/paths, it might make things easier but if anyone has tips, I'm all ears. 

I’m starting to organize my island now after unlocking everything storywise. Finding it very lengthy and taking it in small steps working from the edges in. Drawing things out on paper before helps too. 
 

if you’re not using trees for decorative effects they’re not worth the space and hassle for money making besides having a small section of foreign fruit. I made an orchard up on a cliff of about 40 fruit trees and so I don’t have the cluttering the rest of the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Bought Animal Crossing two weeks ago when everyone at my job was sent to work from home. Been playing it every shift and I'm at the point where I don't want to play anymore after putting in a ton of hours. My island is set up how I want it, could be  a lot better but moving everything around is a pain in the ass and they don't give you the island editor right away. You'd think they would incorporate the switch touch screen feature to make things easier to move around and edit. 

 

Now I'm working on transforming my island but where I want to edit everything I have like 100+ fruit trees. About to say fuck it and just keep my island at 3 stars but seeing all these 5 star islands on YouTube makes me envious. 

 

My guess is if I were to cover all the water on the island and remove most the trees so I can set up a layout for all the homes and make roads/paths, it might make things easier but if anyone has tips, I'm all ears. 

I've been having the same type of thinking. I have like 40+ hours in, but I still have a decent amount to do. I've been trying to pace myself and only hop on for an hour or two a day so I don't run out of stuff to do as Nintendo has to have a ton of stuff planned for the first year event wise.

 

I see all those ridiculously cool island as well but I'm trying to imagine what their would be to do beyond that point if I grinded every day to get there. Nintendo has shown that they're willing to do DLC more and more for their flagship franchises or at least a ton of added content so I'm hoping Animal Crossing becomes a game I still play regularly a year from now. 

 

Right now the main thing I'm doing is playing the turnip market to make a ton of bells. Bunch of subreddits out there with people willing to host people if they have a high price from the cranny. I like not being locked out of game progress because I don't feel like grinding fishing to make money. 

Edited by dapeebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the same way about those ridiculous islands that are basically perfected. It kinda ruins the game because most of those you can’t even chase bugs or fish much or even find fossils. I mean those people have probably already found everything at that point I guess. 
 

I’m thinking they’ll be monthly events that will be updates which is great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve spent close to 200 hours on animal crossing since release day, and I’m sick of it but it’s also helping me keep a daily routine since I’m on severely reduced hours at work (retail). I wake up, check the mail, money hole, all that, and end up spending half the day playing. My backlog is disgusting and I could’ve gotten through a ton of it by now but for some reason i’d rather chop down trees and chase bugs all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×