What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

Have you gotten to the part where you start to do missions yet Vince? I really hope there is gil involved with them, because it's annoying as hell not being able to afford anything other then a potion or two every other chapter. I'm liking it other then that, though it sort of sucks having to be Vanille and Sazh, because Vanille is sort of worthless other than healing so far (It seems like it takes here forever to cast magic as a Ravager).

i think that the lack of gil is the big complaint in the game. the only way to get it is selling weapons (i have basically been using the first weapon i got for each person and upgrading them)

once Sazh gets Haste in his Syn paradigm, battles become a little better....actually, i use him anytime i have the chance

i have also reached the "free roam" world part as well where there are some missions; but you get paid in items.

Guest eriathomas

Damn, 1000g is going to be impossible in this game with the weapon collection achievement.

I like Sazh, just not Vanille at this point.

I also just realized, I think Snow is voiced by the same guy as Yuri form Tales of Vesperia.

about 14 hrs into FFXIII and despite the fact that its, up to this point, extremely linear -- i am enjoying it. sounds like i may have to refer to some FAQs on a boss here and there though. at times, the battle system seems almost too easy and then you come along to a boss fight and get totally demolished until you play around w/ the right combo of paradigms.

Damn, 1000g is going to be impossible in this game with the weapon collection achievement.

I like Sazh, just not Vanille at this point.

I also just realized, I think Snow is voiced by the same guy as Yuri form Tales of Vesperia.

the good news about the cheevo is that just by getting all the various orbs of treasure, i have all but one of the weapons available for sale in the "stores" - and you dont have to hold on to everything like magna carta, you just have to obtain it

you are right about snow and yuri, wikipedia confirms it!

about 14 hrs into FFXIII and despite the fact that its, up to this point, extremely linear -- i am enjoying it. sounds like i may have to refer to some FAQs on a boss here and there though. at times, the battle system seems almost too easy and then you come along to a boss fight and get totally demolished until you play around w/ the right combo of paradigms.

i agree with what you say about the battle system, but will say that there have been more than a few casual encounters that i have had to retry because my ass got kicked.

Guest eriathomas
theres no gil?

shoot man, i wonder if this if this is going to be like every final fantasy since X where i go "wow, that looks a pain in the ass." and never go back to it.

There is gil, but you only get it out of chests, even then it is only like 100 g or so. It's pretty annoying.

Guest eriathomas
Modern Warfare 2 is $15 for 5 maps, super lame. Def. passing on that.

Not to mention 2 of the maps are from the original, which is even lamer.

Yeah, seriously. Way to piss people off Infinity Ward. I think I may pick up Battlefield 2 to replace MW2, or just pick up Perfect Dark since it's only $10.