What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas
35 hours into FF, just did a lot of backtracking because i didnt want to miss out on some of the missions and i cant find any info on any message boards that confirm you can return after chapter 11

x360a says you can do everything in 1 play-through, even fight the final boss again to get the 5 star rating.

Guest eriathomas

I never could get into 9, because I didn't like the characters. 8 is probably my favorite, but a lot of people will disagree.

I put a bit of time in XIII earlier, but man some of the battles get annoying. Those motorcycles and their gattling gun attack are like instant kill if you don't switch to synergist and defend. I'm almost to the end of Chapter 7 now, which is really long compared to the others, but that's good since the other were way too short for it to only have 13 chapters.

i forget which FF game it was that had that monster battle trading card game, but i loved that.

one of my regrets in life is never being able to finish FF7. there was some floating white ship that i was supposed to locate on the map but was never able to find it.

FF13 tip - when you get to chapter 11 and are wandering around, do as many missions as you can find before going to the "!"

i agree about them motorcycles, you need a sentinel in there to call forth the attack

Just picked up the God of War collection for $1 after trading in 3 shitty wii games I got for x-mas and army of 2 at games stop with they're 50% trade in bonus that ended yesterday. Psyched to play these games in HD! I also put a pre-order down on Alan Wake. that, Splinter Cell, and eventually God of War III are the only retail games I plan to buy for the rest of the year! Let's see how long I keep this up!

Guest eriathomas

I just finished up Chapter 7 in FFXIII. The boss at the end was a pain in the ass, yet still easy. I had to waste like 10 potions on it though, which sucked. I really like it so far, but I still don't like Vanille or Sazh very much. I plan on putting a lot of time into it tonight, which will hopefully work out.

Man I want FFXIII but the weather is nice, I'm still pretty busy, and I certainly don't have the free time to devote to playing it. In about a month, though...

I wish I finished FF8. I had PSX at my dad's house and played that game but I stopped talking to him in the middle of the game and I never had the drive to get it from him or play through again when I got PS2. I never tried FF9.

ff9 i awesome. story is more kid friendly but its still awesome. i have contemplated the ps3 simply because you can buy 7, 8 , and 9 on the ps network (and there is that nifty blu-ray player also). if only they world re-release an anthlogy on xbox but i dont believe that is possible.

Just download the anthology games for an emulator.

Guest eriathomas

Just finished chapter 9 in FFXIII, and like Vince said that boss was a huge pain compared to the prior ones. I was able to beat it on my first try, but it took like 30 potions and Hope spamming Shell/Protect/Veil every time they started to wear off. The story is really starting to pick up, and is really enjoyable.

Guest eriathomas
i think im nearing the end of chapter 9 now on FFXIII. sort of dreading this boss everybody seems to have a hard time with.

I didn't have much of a problem, but I think I got lucky since he did not cast doom on me.

The chapter 10 boss kicked my ass once he was staggered, but I only tried once. I think I went about it all wrong, but will have another go after work. I'm looking forward to the side quests next chapter, to get some CP and stuff.