What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

I got my copy of Record of Agarest War today. The extras are so creepy, a pillow case of one of the female characters, and an oppai mouse-pad of another. I'd toss just the extras on ebay, but I doubt I'd get anything so they'll problem just go into the trash unless someone wants a boob mousepad or body pillow size pillow case.

I got my copy of Record of Agarest War today. The extras are so creepy, a pillow case of one of the female characters, and an oppai mouse-pad of another. I'd toss just the extras on ebay, but I doubt I'd get anything so they'll problem just go into the trash unless someone wants a boob mousepad or body pillow size pillow case.

Let me know how the game is, I've seen some good reviews. Heard the opposite about Nier though, which is a bummer...

^ http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/03/nier-review-fail/

Sorta review that shows how frustrating a required fishing mechanic can be...

I had high hopes for this one, maybe the Joystiq editor just fails hard at the fishing...?

Apparently he was fishing in the wrong spot.

There is supposed to be a big red 'X' showing where you're supposed to go and fish and he just went to the nearest body of water or something. I've read that the fishing takes not even half that amount of time if he was fishing in the right spot.

Still a hilarious video though.

Guest eriathomas

I forgot Alan Wake came out this week. It looks good and got good reviews, but I may have to wait until it's cheaper and when I've beaten a bunch of the games I'm still playing. Anyone pick it up?

I pre-ordered the LE from Amazon- first Limited/Collectors Edition I've ever bought, and first game I've paid full-price for or bought on day one since forever - but I probably won't get it until two weeks after the game actually drops because of where I live.

So excited to get it. The Bright Falls live-action things they've been doing for it are really good.

Guest eriathomas

I started Record of Agarest War tonight. So far the battle system is pretty cool as far as SRPGs go, and it's sort of easy so far too. The story is not really much of anything so far, but hopefully it picks up. The hand drawn sprites are cool, but it looks like a game that could have been on late psx/early ps2.

Guest eriathomas

I beat the Splinter Cell single player and co-op campaigns this weekend. The game was alright, but not sure it's worth keeping for the 1000g. Been getting into Record of Agarest War too, ok so far since I finally have a full party. The difficulty really jumps though, and the strategy part is sort of lacking in battles so far. The story is also lacking too.

Any play the Disgaea games? Worth picking up?

I bought Disgaea 2 because of how much praise it got from reviewers, and I hated it. I love the Strategy-RPG genre, and I hadn't seen a game in that genre get as much hype as Disgaea 2 did since Final Fantasy Tactics, so I figured it was a no-brainer.

There is way too much going on in that game. You could literally play it forever. If you are really into games that you can grind for decades, you might like it. I mean, the max level of your characters isn't 99 like most games, it isn't even 999, it's 9999 for the love of god.

Guest eriathomas

Damn, 9999 is pretty crazy. I'm not sure if I should check it out or not, but I may pick it up if I see it cheap somewhere.

I am doing a 2nd play-through of Persona 3 on hard. Too bad I can't do the new game+ with the FES disc, but oh well. I think I have given up on Record of Agarest War. It's just not catching my interest at all, and I think I want to sell my 360 and get a ps3 sometime in the near future.

Damn, 9999 is pretty crazy. I'm not sure if I should check it out or not, but I may pick it up if I see it cheap somewhere.

I am doing a 2nd play-through of Persona 3 on hard. Too bad I can't do the new game+ with the FES disc, but oh well. I think I have given up on Record of Agarest War. It's just not catching my interest at all, and I think I want to sell my 360 and get a ps3 sometime in the near future.

I have the first Disgaea on DS and the 2nd on PS2, time sucking for sure, but who doesn't like penguins that explode when you throw them?

I never finished P3, I think I have to restart to get anywhere at this point...