What video games have you been playing?

Guest markovianprocess
Cave Story is sweet. I highly recommend it to Wii owners. It's like discovering an 8-bit game that you somehow missed back in the day.

Haha, are you stealing your opinions from IGN?

Playing Cave Story is like discovering a fantastic NES game you somehow missed back in the day. New retro games are all the rage recently with efforts like Mega Man 10 and Dark Void Zero, but Cave Story did the old school thing back in 2004. It's a cult hit on PC and hopefully a new audience will enjoy it now that it's available on WiiWare. Cave Story just feels right on a Nintendo system.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1078862p1.html

Damn, 9999 is pretty crazy. I'm not sure if I should check it out or not, but I may pick it up if I see it cheap somewhere.

I am doing a 2nd play-through of Persona 3 on hard. Too bad I can't do the new game+ with the FES disc, but oh well. I think I have given up on Record of Agarest War. It's just not catching my interest at all, and I think I want to sell my 360 and get a ps3 sometime in the near future.

I'm still waiting on P3 FES from Goozex. I don't think I'll ever get it though, and I have so many points there that I can't justify buying it.

I beat P4 last summer and it was the first JRPG I played for more than 5 hours since the PS1 era. I loved it, and can't wait for Persona 5. I figured I'd check out P3 since there are a few people who like it more than P4, and I understand there's a bit of a mechanical step back (can't control your other party members for one) but I still would like to give it a shot.

Guest eriathomas

I've beaten both 3 and 4 before and love both. 3 is a bit backwards from 4 like you said, but I think I liked the story better. It does feel weird not to control the others in battle, and half the time they are idiots and just keep attacking the same shadow instead of knocking the other ones down for an all-out attack, but it's not too bad.

I've beaten both 3 and 4 before and love both. 3 is a bit backwards from 4 like you said, but I think I liked the story better. It does feel weird not to control the others in battle, and half the time they are idiots and just keep attacking the same shadow instead of knocking the other ones down for an all-out attack, but it's not too bad.

Not being able to control the other characters is why I can't beat the final boss. Need to start over and level up a different party member better instead, now that I know what I am getting into.

I liked the story in 4 a bit better than 3, but maybe if I see how 3 ends that will change...

I hope Persona 5 goes multiplatform, I'm not buying a PS3 anytime soon...

Guest eriathomas

I had everyone but the dog at level 99 when I beat the game last time. I think it's the only RPG I really enjoyed grinding in. This time through I don't have to worry about getting my charm and stuff all the way up like last time, it's already maxed out from the new game+ file, even if it's not a true new game+ (which sucks since I want to fight Elizabeth). I can focus on more social links this time, and actually making strong Persona, last time I didn't have any special ones. I'm playing through on hard this time, which sort of sucks since everything costs more to buy (was not like that in P4).

I'm planing on getting a PS3 by the end of the summer, though I'd really like a backwards compatible one since it's easier having one system out, but I don't know if I want a used system. I know there has been a bunch of P5 rumors, but not much said yet.

has anyone played skate 3 yet? I've been wanting to check it out. Loved the second one.

Yeah i picked it up on friday and put a good few hours in. If you like the previous ones like i did you'll love this. Ton of new features added makes it well worth picking it up!

rad good to know. I'll have to pick it up sometime soon,