General Guidelines of the VC Message Board

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Welcome to the Vinyl Collective Message Board. I am excited to see what this site becomes. I personally would love for it to be a place to exchange ideas, trade vinyl, and discuss pressing numbers. Although there were some suggestions for categories on this board, it was also suggested that we just have one board so that it is that much more active. I do suggest the following ideas that would make for good posts:

• [*:qvmo6ou6]Buy / Trade / Sell
    [*:qvmo6ou6]Pressing info
    [*:qvmo6ou6]Wishlist for future vinyl releases

]

If for example, you were looking to buy a copy of Lucero's "That Much Further West", you might put in the subject:

Buy: Lucero "That Much Further West"

If you were curious about the pressing info for Portugal the Man's "Waiter: You Vultures", you might put in the subject:

Pressing info: Portugal the Man "Waiter: You Vultures"

and so on. I recommend that everyone who wants to post please have sign up for a log in.

I guess the one thing I would ask is that people who run other vinyl online stores please not use this board to spam people. I run Vinyl Collective as a for profit company and I don't mind individuals selling, buying, or trading records, but I would not be stoked to see another vinyl store using this board for their gain. I hope everyone is cool with that.

The other thing I would like to say is that people be respectful of others. I hate message boards where people attack new posters for not knowing how the board operates. I want everyone to feel welcome to use this board as a forum to discuss the greatest musical format in the world, Vinyl! Any repeat offending assholes will be booted off of the board.

Please refer to this link for any questions on how to make posts:

http://support.proboards.com/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said!

And I'd love to buy a copy of "That Much Further West" from someone if they're dealing. :)

It's really dropped in price on Ebay in the last few years, most of their records have been dropping. You could probably pick one up for around $75 now, it used to go for upwards of $150.

Guest Admin

that is a good suggestion, but I am not sure how to do that through the messageboard. I am working on the infrastructure to allow people to upload and sell their records through vinyl collective and when we do it, I think we may work it in a manner where people must get their album before the seller gets paid.

I would just create a new topic titled something like "Good traders, buyers and sellers" and maybe one for bad. If you trade with someone and it goes well, post it there. Use their screen name, or, if they're ok with it, their real name. Something like "Awesome trade with Virgil, thanks." and he can do the same. If a person is bad, put their name in the bad one and say what the problem was. "Don't trade with XXX...he ripped me off and never sent records." And, if you really feel slighted, list as much info on the person as you can so we don't fall victim if he/she uses another screenname or something. That's the best thing I can think of. You can sticky the topics to ensure they stay at the top of the main page.

Guest Admin

the only problem with a bad trader list is they can always change their screen name, etc. I am ok with someone starting up those types of threads, but I don't know if it is the best safeguard.

• 6 months later...
Guest scriptedrain
why is this thread not sticky anymore?

doesn't anyone but jeff care about the rules?

What? I didn't touch this thread. It's showing up as an announcement for me like it always has. ???

Guest scriptedrain
There's two of them. They're identical in posts and page views.

That was weird. I just unstickied it so that way it's only an announcement so we don't see 2 threads. Like I said, I didn't sticky it (or touch it before right now), ask one of the other 3. :)

Guest scriptedrain

What? I didn't touch this thread. It's showing up as an announcement for me like it always has. ???

not a thing. i'm just saying you really care about the rules.

There really aren't that many rules, and I don't feel I "care" about them any more than a moderator should. The big things for me have been 1. duplicated threads, and 2. threads in the wrong forum. #2 is not a major thing, it rarely happens and I just move the thread to the right board and that is that. #1 is hard because (certain) people get touchy about it when I lock / delete new threads and direct them to the already made thread. Most people are understandable (how many "Give Up" threads do we really need?) but there are a select few who see it as me "abusing my power" or, like you say, "caring about the rules." It's tough, though, because the Search function doesn't work half the time so where do you tell one person to try to search and the other person it's ok?

The real rules of this forum, aside from what Virgil has stated, are no homophobic or racist language. So in that regard, yes I care about the rules. Aside from that, I've found myself trying to fit in as a moderator more than trying to make others fit in here (12/18 aside ;) ). Plain and simple, I like it here and I hope others do, too.