NBA Discussion

who said they wouldnt have made it to the playoffs?

every single opponent lebron had was crippled by the referees, of course he dominated.

some of the all time worst officiating.

i fucking hate lebron james, and 90% of it is because of his treatment. hes a very talented individual, and im being cheated out of seeing how good he really is.

As a friend pointed out, Eddy Curry finally has his well deserved ring.

I've professed my love for Durant on this board and I was pulling for the Thunder but let's be realistic. While the officiating wasn't spot on, the Heat looked like a team where the Thunder disjointedly stumbled. They earned this title and were easily the better team in the finals.

The most interesting theory I've seen floating: Phil Jackson to coach the Thunder. Imagine that.

I haven't followed the NBA since the mid to late 90s so forgive me for not being up to speed on this... but why does everyone hate Lebron? Other than the fact that he up and left the Cavaliers and his home state (where I live) for greener pastures.

It was that plus he produced a one hour special on ESPN called "The Decision" where he announced he was "taking his talents to South Beach." That didn't go over very well with anybody. Then the Heat threw a huge extravagant welcome party with him and Bosh before they had even played a game, and he said he was going to win seven championships. Basically he's an egomaniac.

all that, and he just hasnt done much to present himself as a likable guy over the years.

hell cry to the refs the one time he gets called for a foul a game, and continues crying any time they dont whistle someone for fouling him.

again, i just cant see how anyone can support a team whos entire game plan is to assume youre going to go to the free throw line.

Sounds like they have to trade Howard to the Nets, I really dont understand why the 2 teams cant get this done.

I cant imagine that Orlando could start the season with Howard on their roster. I understand they want to get some good value in return but they arent exactly dealing from a point of strength here. They need to take what they can get for him and move on.

Nets should be good though with Howard, Williams and Johnson. Sounds like all those guys will end up there.

Sounds like they have to trade Howard to the Nets, I really dont understand why the 2 teams cant get this done.

I cant imagine that Orlando could start the season with Howard on their roster. I understand they want to get some good value in return but they arent exactly dealing from a point of strength here. They need to take what they can get for him and move on.

Nets should be good though with Howard, Williams and Johnson. Sounds like all those guys will end up there.

I heard today the Magic have no intention of sending him to Brooklyn, pretty much solely on principle.

I heard today the Magic have no intention of sending him to Brooklyn, pretty much solely on principle.

That's a dumb move on their part. If they dont trade him he'll go there next year anyways and they will get nothing.

Im still hoping the Lakers will trade Bynum for Howard, I know it wont happen but Id love to have him playing with Kobe.