NBA Discussion

Speaking of the wolves, really need them to help out the Lakers.

as a fan of both the wolves and the lakers, I'm hoping mn beats utah only one of the two games.  I obviously want the lakers to make the playoffs, but if the wolves are going to have (yet another) lost year, they'd better at least get a decent draft pick out of it...

as a fan of both the wolves and the lakers, I'm hoping mn beats utah only one of the two games. I obviously want the lakers to make the playoffs, but if the wolves are going to have (yet another) lost year, they'd better at least get a decent draft pick out of it...

Words cannot express how much I want either Mclemore or Oladipo.

fingers and toes crossed for kobe...

probable torn achilles :(

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/conversations/_/id/9166874/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-probably-tore-achilles-team-says

Lakers shoot 50 FT's to The Warriors 16. Commit 17 fouls to The Warriors 33.

There was a point when no Laker had 3 fouls while three Warriors had 5.

mark jackson likes "hack-a-howard" and the warriors shoot jump shots

ok - Kobe 16, Warriors 16. How is that?

I don't remember every foul, but 4 of his free throws came off the two plays where he got injured at the rim (and 2 more came when he may have torn his achilles, which admittedly didn't look like a foul).  I'd imagine most of his other 10 attempts were on shots that were close to the rim.

as for the warriors only taking 16 free throws, that's a combination of them taking a lot of jump shots and the lakers not playing defense.  lakers only had 2 blocks and 2 steals, so it's not like the boxscore says they played aggressive defensively.  I'd imagine the warriors' offensive gameplan was to avoid attacking howard/gasol for fear they'd block their shots, so they decided to move the ball and take a bunch of open shots (which they did)

did you watch the game or are you just reacting from the boxscore?  there didn't appear to be that many questionable calls either way...

I don't remember every foul, but 4 of his free throws came off the two plays where he got injured at the rim (and 2 more came when he may have torn his achilles, which admittedly didn't look like a foul).  I'd imagine most of his other 10 attempts were on shots that were close to the rim.

as for the warriors only taking 16 free throws, that's a combination of them taking a lot of jump shots and the lakers not playing defense.  lakers only had 2 blocks and 2 steals, so it's not like the boxscore says they played aggressive defensively.  I'd imagine the warriors' offensive gameplan was to avoid attacking howard/gasol for fear they'd block their shots, so they decided to move the ball and take a bunch of open shots (which they did)

did you watch the game or are you just reacting from the boxscore?  there didn't appear to be that many questionable calls either way...

I saw pieces. Including the play he got hurt where like you said he wasn't fouled.

50-16 doesnt happen. Hack-a-Dwight and the Warriors being jump shooters are excellent points. But 50-16 doesn't happen.

I understand how little this will mean to you, but it goes into my thinking; There's a Bay Area/Warriors personality whose father was an official. He's extremely sympathetic to them and I'm honestly not sure I've heard him complain...tonight he ripped into them pretty good.

I saw a replay of that foul on Dirk and yea you pretty much hit the nail on the hear but doesn't really matter, no Mavericks in the playoffs this year lol. I'm curious tho 3arl, what are you thoughts on the Bulls Nuggets game with the infamous goal tending call?

I mean I'm obviously a fan of the call. As far as it being correct, it seemed to be. Goal tending is one of the trickiest rules to call in basketball but it definitely seemed to be in the cylinder when Noah touched it. It was reviewed heavily by four officials, and that's what the rule is there for, so it can be reviewed at crucial moments in the game.

In fact, it was a botched goal tending call at the end of a Nuggets playoff game a couple years ago that led to the rule being created.

with tonight's celtics/pacers game getting cancelled, it's the first time in the modern era that team(s) will play less than 82 games in a full season.