NBA Discussion

Looking like Josh Smith may go to the Rockets too. That'd be cool. Really hoped for Howard to go to the Warriors in that rumored Bogut + Barnes sign and trade. That'd be one killer starting lineup. Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Lee, Howard. Incredible. Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Smith, and Howard isn't half bad either.

Looking like Josh Smith may go to the Rockets too. That'd be cool. Really hoped for Howard to go to the Warriors in that rumored Bogut + Barnes sign and trade. That'd be one killer starting lineup. Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Lee, Howard. Incredible. Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Smith, and Howard isn't half bad either.

They're still going to be one of the best teams in the west, if not the best.  I'm coming to the realization that the Nuggets are going through a rebuild year, even though there was no need to.  Rumor is that we're pursuing Monta Ellis pretty hard. Which is cool, except he's not that great of a shooter and that's what we need.  Why we didn't go after Kyle Korver I will never understand.

And even though the Rockets will be stacked (with or without Josh Smith) I predict they get a 6 or 7 seed in the playoffs.  Howard was supposed to be on a Super-Team last season and they barely scraped in.  And I have yet to believe that harden is a superstar.  The guy shoots decent threes and is good at drawing fouls (which was basically the Rockets offence last season).  Dwight will help as an inside threat, but hack-a-Howard is still going to happen and his defense is nothing to write home about.

He's going to Houston, I think that team really needs Smith now to be as good as people will expect them to be. Dwight can't carry a team. Not sure if Harden can either but both are great players. Lin sucks and Parsons is a nice roll player but I don't think Dwight alone puts them over the top.

I think Golden State is the most exciting team in the West.

He's going to Houston, I think that team really needs Smith now to be as good as people will expect them to be. Dwight can't carry a team. Not sure if Harden can either but both are great players. Lin sucks and Parsons is a nice roll player but I don't think Dwight alone puts them over the top.

I think Golden State is the most exciting team in the West.

It's going to be a Golden State and OKC clash for the west this season. Spurs, Clippers, Nuggets, and Rockets will all be close but those two are going to dominate. And in a season or two, the Pelicans and the Blazers will probably be in the mix too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I feel about World Peace joining the Knicks, just gotta see how this one plays out.

MWP is awesome! I want sure about him either when he came to the Lakers, especially after battling like be did with Kobe in the playoffs the year before but he was a great guy to have on the team. Dude is hilarious, even if the team sucks (like the Lakers did last year), there's always MWPs post game to look forward to. He seems like a great guy, does a lot of cool things around the city and lots of charity stuff from what I could tell. I grew to love having him on the Lakers even if his skills were slipping a bit on the court. The guy is pure entertainment.

Wolves have a tough start to their schedule. Aside from the home opener against the Magic, Mavericks, Wizards, and Celtics. We play OKC, at Knicks, Clippers twice, at Lakers, Nuggets twice, Brooklyn, at Houston, at Indiana, Golden State, and Cleveland twice (who I think will be really good. Kyrie Irving will play at an MVP-caliber level if he stays healthy).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I love football season, it'll be nice to have basketball back.  The Nuggets are coming into the season forgotten and underrated (like they always do) but I'm really excited to see what Shaw has in store.  The more I think about it, the better I feel about Karl being let go.  Shaw is great at player development and I wouldn't be surprised if he creates a couple of super stars over the next few seasons.

The Nuggets are coming into the season forgotten and underrated (like they always do)

That's the thing though, they're a safe bet to have a strong season and always tend to play way above .500 but I don't see them making it to the Finals over teams with obvious talent in the Western Conference.