NBA Discussion

As of now, the Sixers have about $20 million in committed cap space for next year, and two first round picks. They must be banking on someone like Melo coming.

Not only is this years draft stacked with great options. But this years free agents is huge too.

You could put an amazing team team together with free agents and cheap role players. Pretty much the entire Miami team could go elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to watching how this off season plays out

I think this essentially makes Indiana the favorite to win it all now.

Really I don't see it? I felt he was more viable with the Pacers when George was on the bench... I mean think about it, most teams have to deal with 1 legit SF/SG when George was on the bench and the offense ran through Granger it's sort of like George never left the court so the other team is more tired defensively (granted the Pacers have a great game plan night in night out and Hibbert plays a huge role, I wonder what this team would've been like if Granger never got hurt to begin with, does George emerge?)

Really I don't see it? I felt he was more viable with the Pacers when George was on the bench... I mean think about it, most teams have to deal with 1 legit SF/SG when George was on the bench and the offense ran through Granger it's sort of like George never left the court so the other team is more tired defensively (granted the Pacers have a great game plan night in night out and Hibbert plays a huge role, I wonder what this team would've been like if Granger never got hurt to begin with, does George emerge?)

Turner is essentially the same as Granger except he's healthy, an he can play 3 positions. If George Hill is on the bench they could still play Turner, George and Stephenson all at the same time and have one of them run the point. All 3 guys can handle the ball. The addition of Turner only makes the Pacers better. They are already a deep team, and I think the move now puts them as the favorites in the East. The key to the Heat's chances is Wade. He needs to be healthy and it seems he can't stay healthy. I also think the Heat need another big man who can possibly score. Maybe they'll sign Big Baby Davis since the Magic bought him out yesterday. No matter what if the Eastern Conference finals is a Heat-Pacers matchup it is going to be a hell of a series.

Turner is essentially the same as Granger except he's healthy, an he can play 3 positions. If George Hill is on the bench they could still play Turner, George and Stephenson all at the same time and have one of them run the point. All 3 guys can handle the ball. The addition of Turner only makes the Pacers better. They are already a deep team, and I think the move now puts them as the favorites in the East. The key to the Heat's chances is Wade. He needs to be healthy and it seems he can't stay healthy. I also think the Heat need another big man who can possibly score. Maybe they'll sign Big Baby Davis since the Magic bought him out yesterday. No matter what if the Eastern Conference finals is a Heat-Pacers matchup it is going to be a hell of a series.

I don't know about "favorites of the east but definitely going to make my ass want to watch this series every night at a bar!

I don't know about "favorites of the east but definitely going to make my ass want to watch this series every night at a bar!

Especially if the Sixers buy out Granger's contract, and signs with the Heat like some are saying might happen. I guess he's pissed about being traded to the Sixers. What better way to stick it to your previous team, than by joining your competitor?

Especially if the Sixers buy out Granger's contract, and signs with the Heat like some are saying might happen. I guess he's pissed about being traded to the Sixers. What better way to stick it to your previous team, than by jointing your competitor?

The buy out might not happen because the Sixers could use Granger as a trade piece in a sign and trade during the summer. Plus, if Granger agrees to the buy out he will then lose his Bird's rights and take a major hit in salary in his new contract. It's still a possibility he gets bought out, so, probably within the next few days the Sixers will make a decision on that.

After watching the celtics game yesterday, I feel bad for Rondo for having to play with that team. I hope he goes somewhere with some great players. I think he'd thrive more so than a few years ago.

Apparently there was a discussion between Boston and Houston for Rondo. Boston wanted Parsons and two future firsts. Those picks wouldn't have been very good, but would have been tempting having a trio of Rondo, Harden, and Howard.

Every time I hear Parsons' name I get pissed that we traded him to Houston for cash. Just when you think you won't hear about David Kahn again, he always finds a way to rear his ugly head back into Wolves discussion.

Especially if the Sixers buy out Granger's contract, and signs with the Heat like some are saying might happen. I guess he's pissed about being traded to the Sixers. What better way to stick it to your previous team, than by joining your competitor?

Ooo I've never heard of that. (For some reason sports radio here in San Diego don't mention NBA oh duh me because we don't have an NBA team! haha)

At any rate, playoffs are right around the corner!