NBA Discussion

Chris Sheridan of Sheridanhoops.com reported yesterday that Lebron is returning to Cleveland. Was on with Colin Cowherd and completely stood by his report that 100% Lebron is going to Cleveland.

I read that. He was adamant similar to Chris Broussard before the Decision.

I'm happy for Cleveland fans.  This is a good move.

What I loved even more is that he made the announcement through SI.com.  I'm watching ESPN now and how they are all falling over themselves trying to correct their prior announcements.   Want a good laugh?  From ESPN.com yesterday:

1. What are the current odds LeBron returns to the Heat?

J.A. Adande, ESPN.com: 45 percent. One source, who's in the thick of all of this, told me he has gone from thinking LeBron was a lock to return to Miami to having serious doubts. In my mind, that offsets all the confidence and Dwyane Wade poolside selfies emanating from the Heat.

Tom Haberstroh, ESPN Insider: 60 percent. If James had any real ties to the staff in Cleveland, I'd feel differently. I find it hard to believe that James is going to entrust his future with a coach who has never coached in the league, a first-time GM and an owner who wrote this about him. I can see Cleveland in a couple of years, but it seems odd to turn down a championship-winning core and dive in headfirst to uncertainty.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, ESPN.com: 60 percent. For months, I was fairly convinced LeBron was returning to the Heat. It's clear at this point that Miami believed it would have him committed by now. That it doesn't is a bad sign for his future in that town. Still, it's difficult to bet on LeBron leaving Miami and taking a pay cut. I'll stick to my guns that he's coming back, but with every passing hour, my grip loosens on those arms.

David Thorpe, ESPN Insider: 99 percent. Forgive me for not getting caught up in the drama and the "beautiful story" of the King's return. He is chasing a legacy of six rings (Jordan), five rings (Duncan and Magic) and three rings (Bird) in an effort to be on the best five of all time list. This Cavs team is not close to what he will have in Miami for the next two years. Plus, the owner issues, the fans turning so hateful on him, and getting a chance to play with close friends he knows and admires and trusts over new guys up and down the Cavs franchise with zero playoff wins under their belt (save Anderson Varejao). Despite what many are saying and writing, Wade is not dead. He was bad in the Finals but terrific before that.

Michael Wallace, ESPN.com: 70 percent. The fact that LeBron has gone 10 days already without publicly committing to the Heat is a sign of concern. He certainly appears to be struggling with the decision. But ultimately he'll come to his senses and return to the team that made him a better player and a two-time champion. If he's lost faith in the Heat, I'd really like to hear his reasons from him directly, not his camp.

We dont want any bandwagon fans.  For 4 years after he left, everyone shit all over us and trashed our city.  F**k 'em!  Feels great to have LBJ back!  Cant wait to see the Q packed and louder than ever this season

This is no different with Clevland fans since it's the very definition of a bandwagon fan. The arena going from empty to full when the team will be good again.

ballislife_nba_transfer_forms.jpg

Lol I loved this!

honestly though you gotta understand NBA is more of an international sport so there really is no allegiance to any one city especially by those who either A. live internationally and follow players B. don't have a franchise in their city. There simply is no need to fall in love with a city, when the product is all they care about. Just wanted through that perspective out there, the NBA is known as have thee most band wagon fans but I think it's only because the game itself is extremely appreciated outside of the U.S. Hell I was a huge Raptors fan when Vince Carter was there but of course being in SD most of my family rooted Lakers and I grew up with that

This is no different with Clevland fans since it's the very definition of a bandwagon fan. The arena going from empty to full when the team will be good again.

The Q wasnt empty, it just wasnt loud like it was in the LBJ era.  30 win seasons still packed fans but our record wasnt exactly brag worthy.

The Q wasnt empty, it just wasnt loud like it was in the LBJ era.  30 win seasons still packed fans but our record wasnt exactly brag worthy.

attendance after the decision at the Q:

2010/2011 - 97% - 20,111 avg - 12th in NBA

2011/2012 - 77.5% - 15,926 - 27th

2012/2013 - 78.7% - 16.192 - 29th

2013/2014 - 83.5% - 17,329 - 23rd

I mean, I realize 78% is still a lot of fans, but 3 of the 4 years after the decision the Cavs have had some of the lowest home attendance records

We dont want any bandwagon fans. For 4 years after he left, everyone shit all over us and trashed our city. F**k 'em! Feels great to have LBJ back! Cant wait to see the Q packed and louder than ever this season.

Everyone shit on Cleveland because of how immature the fan base reacted. Burning jersey's and the like. They deserved every bit of the criticism for acting like spoiled brats.

That being said, I'm happy for Bron and for Cleveland. Hope he wins a chip for you guys unless it's against the Knicks.

Everyone shit on Cleveland because of how immature the fan base reacted. Burning jersey's and the like. They deserved every bit of the criticism for acting like spoiled brats.

That being said, I'm happy for Bron and for Cleveland. Hope he wins a chip for you guys unless it's against the Knicks.

Not sure if burning jerseys was the act of immaturity. He ripped our hearts out. We were the wounded ex who threw out everything that reminded us of him. Some of us just like fire more than others.