NBA Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

There's no way Harden wins it or deserves to win it. The dude plays ugly basketball and his PPG is so inflated from free throws. Not to mention the pure volume of shots he takes. If he was putting up those #s with 50% from the field then he might have a case, but being a ball hog on one end and asleep on the other doesn't sound like an MVP to me.

As much as I hate the Warriors, I'd say Steph deserves it. Russ has a good chance only if OKC gets to the playoffs, which is still a pretty big if at this point.

I wouldn't have a problem with Budenholzer winning. The Hawks are going to finish about 20 games better than last season. Still, I think Kerr should win it.

A lot of their improvement record wise will be because they haven't been devastated by injuries like they were last season.

Kerr has taken virtually the same team Mark Jackson had and added 6 points per game while riding his starters less. The Warriors are first in almost (all?) every statistic worth paying attention to.

This will come off as homerism but don't dismiss it - The Warriors may finish top 5 in wins in NBA history with a top 5 point differential in NBA history in perhaps the most difficult Conference in NBA history. As stated, they're first in pretty much every statistic. IF they win the NBA title (a long ways to go) they will have to be considered one of the best teams of all time.

A bigger travesty would be Kerr not winning Coach of the Year

I wouldn't have a problem with Budenholzer winning. The Hawks are going to finish about 20 games better than last season. Still, I think Kerr should win it.

My vote would go to Budenholzer as well. But they are both very deserving.

A lot of their improvement record wise will be because they haven't been devastated by injuries like they were last season.

Kerr has taken virtually the same team Mark Jackson had and added 6 points per game while riding his starters less. The Warriors are first in almost (all?) every statistic worth paying attention to.

This will come off as homerism but don't dismiss it - The Warriors may finish top 5 in wins in NBA history with a top 5 point differential in NBA history in perhaps the most difficult Conference in NBA history. As stated, they're first in pretty much every statistic. IF they win the NBA title (a long ways to go) they will have to be considered one of the best teams of all time.

All reasons why Kerr should win it. They are a great team.

I think it will be a close vote, but I don't think it should be considered a "travesty" if Kerr doesn't win. What will be a travesty is if Deandre Jordan doesn't win Defensive Player of the Year.

I think it will be a close vote, but I don't think it should be considered a "travesty" if Kerr doesn't win. What will be a travesty is if Deandre Jordan doesn't win Defensive Player of the Year.

Are you serious? DJ is a fucking joke and only gets credit for playing good defense because the rest of the Clippers are so awful. 

• 3 weeks later...

Westbrook has missed like 13 games and OKC is 17 games worse than the Warriors. He has no argument over Steph. Harden, well, I hate Harden.

A bigger travesty would be Kerr not winning Coach of the Year

brad stevens deserves serious consideration.

the celtics were a revolving door for the first half of the season, sporting a new lineup nearly every single night.

all star game and trade deadline pass, and without hesitation, he was able to find the team's identity. then reaches the playoffs almost entirely because of wins that came in the second half of the season. and do i need to rifle off that lineup? because i'm sure you still haven't heard of most of them.

brad stevens deserves serious consideration.

the celtics were a revolving door for the first half of the season, sporting a new lineup nearly every single night.

all star game and trade deadline pass, and without hesitation, he was able to find the team's identity. then reaches the playoffs almost entirely because of wins that came in the second half of the season. and do i need to rifle off that lineup? because i'm sure you still haven't heard of most of them.

The Celtics are in the playoffs because they are in the eastern conference, and they have to send 8 teams. For awhile there, about 5 teams, all under .500, were in contention for the last two playoff spots. Props to the coach though. He seems to get a lot out of his players, no matter who is playing. I believe that this playoff experience for them is far more valuable than the difference of 1-2 spots in the draft from being in the lottery.

I bet Brooklyn is hating that trade they made with Boston right now. Haha.

Boston is going to have a shit load of picks in the next few drafts. In addition to their own, they have Brooklyn's first rounders in 2014 (or Atlanta's, which ever is lower), 2016, and 2018. Plus the right to swap picks in 2017. All are unprotected.

That was a lot to give up for a bunch of old guys.