NBA Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 3arl said:

ugh, KD sucks

Yep, I was hoping for Boston (or some other Eastern conference team), or for him to stay in OKC.  It's totally his right to go wherever he wants to go, but it's also my right to think a little less about his "competitive spirit" when a top 3 player leaves his championship-contending team to join another top 3 player's championship-contending team when he's only 27.

In the meantime, I'll continue cheering for whichever team Ricky Rubio is on and for whichever team is playing against LeBron.

This KD move is awful... I enjoyed GSW up until now (why did they need him, to make 77-5 next year? totally pointless on their part and more than likely it will ruin their chemistry), but this is just as disgusting as the Miami move was. Shame on the NBA cap policy that this kinda stuff can be done...

Edited by xfactor675

On 7/5/2016 at 3:38 AM, xfactor675 said:

This KD move is awful... I enjoyed GSW up until now (why did they need him, to make 77-5 next year? totally pointless on their part and more than likely it will ruin their chemistry), but this is just as disgusting as the Miami move was. Shame on the NBA cap policy that this kinda stuff can be done...

They didn't win a title this season - they got him to win a title.

As for the cap, the Warriors can do this because they drafted and extended their 3 best players. This is the reward for their player development and cap management. 

34 minutes ago, lemongoat said:

Well they did last year, with basically the same "manpower" against the same team.  it wasn't the skill or the players that made it not happen this . Without KD they can be in the finals again easily. So in my books KD needed GSW more than the other way around, and that's make it unacceptable for me.

Edited by xfactor675

9 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Well they did last year, with basically the same "manpower" against the same team.  it wasn't the skill or the players that made it not happen this . Without KD they can be in the finals again easily. So in my books KD needed GSW more than the other way around, and that's make it unacceptable for me.

If they didn't sign KD, they would have resigned Barnes for almost the same price. He would be returning to the looker room 1) as the highest paid player on the team and 2) knowing how hard they tried to replace him. I would still consider the Warriors the favorite, but if chemistry is mentioned, those 2 facts certainly wouldn't have helped it.

KD is trying to win a title. The Warriors are (on paper) unstoppable with him. He's moving from the MIdwest to the Bay Area. Heading into the offseason I felt all along that if KD was willing to take the shit he'd take for it, going to the Warriors was an absolute no brainer. And I don't think he should be faulted for doing whats best for him. In 20 years nobody will remember anything other than how many titles he won.

4 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Same team minus Irving and Love. Who were both out the finals of 14-15

On 7/9/2016 at 2:43 PM, lemongoat said:

As for the cap, the Warriors can do this because they drafted and extended their 3 best players. This is the reward for their player development and cap management. 

Considering everyone and their mom had cap room for a ~max contract this year, I don't really give the Warriors credit for being able to afford KD.

That said, I certainly don't blame them for signing KD -- the drop-off between [insert role player here] and an old veteran searching for a ring isn't bigger than the gap between Harrison Barnes and KD.

It will be interesting in a couple of years, though, when his contract is up and they don't have his Bird Rights.  I wonder if they tried to discuss a sign-and-trade deal with OKC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...