NBA Discussion

It's too bad McGrady supposedly has no drive at all. If he really wanted to, he could probably be back sometime next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses all of next year too. This same surgery kept Amare Stoudamide out for almost the whole year, except for those few ill-advised games back. Granted, McGrady is probably more athletic than Stoudamire but Stoudamire is younger and most likely is willing to work harder.

I loved McGrady when we drafted him and he was playing with Carter up here, but the guy has questioned how much he is really into playing ball himself. I guess maybe this could make him realize he wants to win before he's too old to contribute though.

Guest smccown13
McGrady has got some serious soul searching to do. He has no heart and Houston would be advised to try and trade him and get whatever value they can for him.

That really is a good point. They seemed to do just fine without him against the Mavs. I think he could be a LOT better.

It looks like the Hornets traded Tyson Chandler for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith. Honestly, i think Tyson is extremely overrated, not physical and average at best. I'm not too sad to see him go although I'm not sure what to expect of Smith and I think Wilcox will do very well with more minutes. I hope they trade for a SG, hell I'd settle for Wally Szerbiack.

I use to watch Tyson in high school. He was in my grade but went to Dominguez High in Compton who was in the same league as my school. He wasnt that good in high school, he was just WAY bigger than anyone so he completely dominated. The guy was 7' as a sophomore. I remember going to Dominguez High to play a baseball game and Tyson was driving thru the parking lot in a Tahoe or something with some super loud sound system and huge rims. He was definitely getting paid with cash or gifts back then. The school's basketball team was sponsored by Nike so Im guessing thats where the SUV came from. They us to always be one of the top teams in the country. Tayshaun Prince went there too but he was a couple years ahead of me. He was amazing in high school.

Houston just blew out Cleveland!!

Edit: Without Mcgradey.

Yea I saw that. Fuckin Boston lost to the Clippers last nite too! I love it.

Lakers are blowing out the Suns right now. Suns are missing Stoudamire and Nash tho. Kobe is sitting out the entire 4th qtr. for the 9th time this year. Lakers are going to be the most rested team come playoff time. No one on the Lakers is over worked or plays a ton of minutes every nite.

So do you think the Rockets are a competitor for the west? I think that if they have heart..they can do whatever the fuck they want to do.

The Rockets just arent good enough to win the West right now.

Spurs are easily the 2nd best team in the West but the Lakers are so much better than every other team in the West its not even funny.

Guest smccown13
So do you think the Rockets are a competitor for the west? I think that if they have heart..they can do whatever the fuck they want to do.

The Rockets just arent good enough to win the West right now.

Spurs are easily the 2nd best team in the West but the Lakers are so much better than every other team in the West its not even funny.

Fucking Lakers...

no offense, scott, but you're fucking insane.

the spurs will rape the rockets. they're missing mcgrady (and he's a bum anyway), artest has been on decent behavior this year but is nothing special, and yao is injured, too.

but even if they DO beat the spurs - which, i promise you, they won't - there's no chance in hell they'll take down the lakers so it's really a moot point.

Guest smccown13

Well..you realize I grew up in the Hakeem Olajuon and Cylde Drexler days. I will believe they can take down the spurs. You can tell me anything..but it's an issue of pride here. In reverence...I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Yao can go off and I don't think even Duncan can guard him. If Manu is MIA and Artest has a big series the Rockets couldn't certainly give the Spurs a run. However, the sleeper team right now seems to be the Jazz.

Personally, I'm just hoping the Lakers can get home court and win 67+ games.

Yao can go off and I don't think even Duncan can guard him. If Manu is MIA and Artest has a big series the Rockets couldn't certainly give the Spurs a run. However, the sleeper team right now seems to be the Jazz.

Personally, I'm just hoping the Lakers can get home court and win 67+ games.

I think Duncan can guard Yao better than Yao can guard Duncan and Duncan can easily go off for a hell of a lot more points than Yao can. Manu will be back come playoff time. Artest hasnt done much this year. When he has to behave I think it takes away from his game. Jazz are definitely a sleeper team who could suprise some people. I dont think anyone can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series tho. The Lakers havent lost 3 in a row all year. I dont see anyone beating them 4 times in a series. Hopefully Bynum will be back by the playoffs which will help out Gasol big time and he will be even better with Bynum at center and he can play his regular position of power foward.

I agree the Spurs are better but I think the Rockets could pull an upset.

Anything is possible. I wouldnt be that suprised if that happened.

Hell, the Hawks took the Celtics to game 7 in the first round last year.

I cant believe the Hawks are 4th in the east right now.

Well that's true but Artest is more than capable of shutting down Manu, especially if Manu is hurt. Yao has the ability to score with Duncan. The one wild card then becomes what happens with Tony Parker.

Anything is possible. I wouldnt be that suprised if that happened.

Hell, the Hawks took the Celtics to game 7 in the first round last year.

I cant believe the Hawks are 4th in the east right now.

Well that's true but Artest is more than capable of shutting down Manu, especially if Manu is hurt. Yao has the ability to score with Duncan. The one wild card then becomes what happens with Tony Parker.

I dunno, the Rockets havent impressed me at all this year. Anything is possible but I dont see them doing much in the playoffs. McGrady and Artest havent really done a whole lot this year. If all that stuff happens like you said it would come down to who can score more....McGrady or Parker. Ill take Parker. Hes much more consistent. God, I hate both of these teams haha.

The thing we should be talking about is will the Lakers be playing the Celtics or Cavs in the finals? Im hoping for the Celtics so the Lakers can get some revenge this year.

Guest smccown13

I dunno, the Rockets havent impressed me at all this year. Anything is possible but I dont see them doing much in the playoffs. McGrady and Artest havent really done a whole lot this year. If all that stuff happens like you said it would come down to who can score more....McGrady or Parker. Ill take Parker. Hes much more consistent. God, I hate both of these teams haha.

The thing we should be talking about is will the Lakers be playing the Celtics or Cavs in the finals? Im hoping for the Celtics so the Lakers can get some revenge this year.

Mcgrady is out for the rest of the season...

Mcgrady is out for the rest of the season...

Yea I heard about that. Guess it wont be too hard for Parker to out score him then :)