NBA Discussion

Best day of my life!

Yea thats a big win, Im rooting for em!

All these Spurs fans are complaining about not having Manu but we haven't had Rudy since Feb and we finished with the 5th best record from the All Star Break on. Also Shane Battier and OJ Mayo made some huge shots but Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Darell Arthur did absolutely nothing. I expect them to step up.

Exactly because of how they played today. Regular season doesn't translate to a 7 game series. Any good team can eliminate the advantage of one great player over a long series.

How they played today? You mean how Derrick Rose took over the game and got them the win? Also, Korver sinking that 3 to take the lead in the 4th was pretty clutch.

Need I remind you they were playing the Indiana Pacers..

How they played today? You mean how Derrick Rose took over the game and got them the win? Also, Korver sinking that 3 to take the lead in the 4th was pretty clutch.

Need I remind you that the Orlando "Deepest bench in the East" Magic lost to the hawks?

Need I remind you that the Orlando "Deepest bench in the East" Magic lost to the hawks?

Chill, man. I'm aware. They still have one of the deepest, if not the deepest bench in the East in terms of number of players that can easily score 10 off the bench. If you refer to my original post, I did say that the Magic are an off and on team, and they were about as off as you could be in that game. I don't think the Hawks will be able to shoot such ridiculous percentages all series and I don't think the Magic will be stupid and think they can stand around and watch Dwight do all the work all series. The difference between that game and the Bulls game is that the Pacers are not a good close out team, and the Bulls are one of the best. I picked the Bulls to beat the Pacers anyway so chill out, I'm not trying to insult your team.

Also, not that seeding has seemed to say that much this year so far but the Bulls are the 1 seed playing the 8th and the Magic are the 4th seed playing the 5th. Not really comparing apples to apples.

i had so little interest in the playoffs going into the celts game last night (the playoffs are just too fucking long. too many series, too many days between games)

but wow. celtics knicks put on an incredibly entertaining game, and it wouldve been a blast even if the celtics fell. THAT is playoff basketball! the energy, the excitement, and the 37 seconds that the celtics needed to completely turn around a deficit at the end.. all just totally awesome.

ray. fucking. allen. cant wait to see number 20 in the garden rafters.

Chill, man. I'm aware. They still have one of the deepest, if not the deepest bench in the East in terms of number of players that can easily score 10 off the bench. If you refer to my original post, I did say that the Magic are an off and on team, and they were about as off as you could be in that game. I don't think the Hawks will be able to shoot such ridiculous percentages all series and I don't think the Magic will be stupid and think they can stand around and watch Dwight do all the work all series. The difference between that game and the Bulls game is that the Pacers are not a good close out team, and the Bulls are one of the best. I picked the Bulls to beat the Pacers anyway so chill out, I'm not trying to insult your team.

Also, not that seeding has seemed to say that much this year so far but the Bulls are the 1 seed playing the 8th and the Magic are the 4th seed playing the 5th. Not really comparing apples to apples.

I have to admit I'm pretty pissed about how close these Bulls-Pacers games are, wasn't trying to be a dick intentionally. Also, I actually like Dwight and the Magic a lot but I don't think he has a good enough supporting cast to do anything in the postseason.

i still cant take orlando seriously as a contender. the only way i see them getting to the finals is if they go through the celtics, because theres no one to guard howard.

but other than that, the heat finally looks like the team we all expected after "the decision", drose is a fucking freak, and the celtics have an absurd amount of big-game experience.

theyve been here before, and they know what they need to do. i think that is the only factor that can make up for the absence of a true big man.

funny thing, is that im very lightly a lakers fan. at least i was during the early part of the decade, but ive had to put that aside since the start of the big 3 era.

but still... 30 teams in the nba, and one of them has been in the big game 3 straight seasons. hey america- stuff kobes dick down your throat some more.