NBA Discussion

It's seriously time for some sort of post game review system in the NBA that punishes referees from making bad calls that influence a game. I gaurunteed that bullshit calls would go down if superstar or overall unfair treatment got referees fined $5000 a game every time it happened. You can't blame players for trying to milk fouls. But you can blame the people who are supposed to be impartial. And call what they see. Fouls don't only give teams points, but they take away momentum and groove. That's why in game replays and review don't make sense. But if the officials know they are getting judged on their performance, then maybe they'll actually do they're job correctly.

It's seriously time for some sort of post game review system in the NBA that punishes referees from making bad calls that influence a game. I gaurunteed that bullshit calls would go down if superstar or overall unfair treatment got referees fined $5000 a game every time it happened. You can't blame players for trying to milk fouls. But you can blame the people who are supposed to be impartial. And call what they see. Fouls don't only give teams points, but they take away momentum and groove. That's why in game replays and review don't make sense. But if the officials know they are getting judged on their performance, then maybe they'll actually do they're job correctly.

I'm guessing the nuggets lost then?

I'm guessing the nuggets lost then?

Haha good guess.  That's definitely what it stemmed from.  But I watch plenty of non-Nuggets NBA games too, and it get's ridiculous at some times.  At the end of every season it comes down to single games on who gets into the playoffs and who doesn't.  People lose jobs over those one or two games.  And when certain players and teams get preferential treatment, it really takes away from the integrity of the game.

And again you can't blame the players for trying to get calls to go their way, because that helps their team.  But officials are supposed to be above the pettiness of favorites.

As much as I support the anti-flopping rules (I really think they should be stricter), they wouldn't even be necessary if referees were held accountable the calls they make.

Yeah I agree to an extent. But the game is played at pace, and unless you want to have the chance to review every call, or even each team gets 3 reviews per game? Then it'll become an absolute shitshow or boring review after review. 

I just watched the miami game earlier. Lebron dunked it and hung on to the rim for what seemed like 2 seconds. Nobody under the ring that would have been trampled at all. I've seen tech fouls called for a regular dunk, then hanging on so you don't fall on to someone.

That's bullshit

Yeah I agree to an extent. But the game is played at pace, and unless you want to have the chance to review every call, or even each team gets 3 reviews per game? Then it'll become an absolute shitshow or boring review after review.

I just watched the miami game earlier. Lebron dunked it and hung on to the rim for what seemed like 2 seconds. Nobody under the ring that would have been trampled at all. I've seen tech fouls called for a regular dunk, then hanging on so you don't fall on to someone.

That's bullshit

That's what I'm saying. In-game reviews don't make sense because they have the same effect on flow and rythym that calling a foul does. But there needs to be a post game panel that evaluates how well the refs do their job and punish them if they show preferential treatment.

I think mistakes are going to happen. Having the 3 refs has cut down on them. But really, punishing a ref after every mistake won't work. Because you won't have any left to officiate. Maybe if there is one making a number of mistakes, or even if the mistake is significant.

I don't know the answer really, but it needs to be consistent, as you said, for every player in the league

Two JJs on the same team? That's too much.

Just speculating. We have a local sports radio talk show host who's pretty close to Flip, and basically said D-Will was gone for a defensive player that wouldn't excite anyone, and nailed it. He sent out a tweet asking Wolves fans their thoughts on Andre Miller, so people are assuming the Wolves are in talks with Denver. Shaw has said he wants a big man involved with any Miller trade, and he seemed like a good choice. Solid defender, decent shooter, and an expiring contract. Just threw in JJ, because it makes the trade work financially and every Wolves fan wants him gone like the plague.

Just speculating. We have a local sports radio talk show host who's pretty close to Flip, and basically said D-Will was gone for a defensive player that wouldn't excite anyone, and nailed it. He sent out a tweet asking Wolves fans their thoughts on Andre Miller, so people are assuming the Wolves are in talks with Denver. Shaw has said he wants a big man involved with any Miller trade, and he seemed like a good choice. Solid defender, decent shooter, and an expiring contract. Just threw in JJ, because it makes the trade work financially and every Wolves fan wants him gone like the plague.

We'll see. Last I heard, it looked like the Kings really wanted Miller. But if we package him with Gallo, then that changes everything. Pelicans could be a potential suitor in that kind of deal.

NBA All Star starters were just announced...

EAST

Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, Paul George, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.

WEST

Stephen Curry, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, and Blake Griffin.

I can't believe Kobe got voted in to start, and I think Aldridge should start over Griffin, but that's just me. I'm guessing Wade probably won't play neither.