NBA Discussion

I think I'm one year away from really getting back into the pistons. With no first round pick and no resolution to the josh Smith/Greg Monroe situation, it's hard to be a fan in Detroit.

Moving the team downtown would also really help.

I thought they would be done with the bad contracts after the Ben Gordon debacle

I thought they would be done with the bad contracts after the Ben Gordon debacle

Yeah, that's the reason we lost our draft pick this year -- part of getting out from under that contract.

Kinda glad we just got it over. If we would have been in the top 10, I think we only had #1 overall protected next year. Probably would have ended up with #2.

I almost completely forgot that Gordon was still in the league. I thought that he was floating around somewhere. I remembered that he was really good with the Bulls. Was he just playing for the contract until he got it?

I thought that the Pistons could have at least made the playoffs last year, being in the east after all. I'm still a little perplexed with the Cheeks Signing last year.

i think it'd be cool to see melo and kobe together.

There aren't enough shots in LA for those two

If the Lakers sign Carmelo (I don't think they will. I think he resigns with the Knicks), they will have to spend $25 million for 10-11 additional players to fill out the roster. Unless some veteran players are willing to take a pay cut, I can't see the Lakers being a championship caliber team next year even if they sign Carmelo.

Reportedly Phil might be able to dump Amare's contract/Shumpert to Philly for room, feasibly making a way to sign both Melo and Bron.

I can't believe that he is still making over $20 million. Put him on the long list of players that Nash made rich, then never to be heard from again I guess? The two of them in the pick and roll was almost unstoppable. I always felt that the suns could have contended for a couple more years if he had stayed.

I can't believe that he is still making over $20 million. Put him on the long list of players that Nash made rich, then never to be heard from again I guess? The two of them in the pick and roll was almost unstoppable. I always felt that the suns could have contended for a couple more years if he had stayed.

I think Amare's decline is more about his knees than not playing with Nash. Nash definitely makes everyone look better, but Amare's knees are shot and that can make a guy look old real quick.

I think Amare's decline is more about his knees than not playing with Nash. Nash definitely makes everyone look better, but Amare's knees are shot and that can make a guy look old real quick.

I can definitely agree with this as well, but remember that he had those same bad knees for years when he was with the suns.. Sure, age would have eventually  played a bigger part, plus playing with Nash makes everything much easier. It's more on the Knicks for giving him that contract than anything else.

I can definitely agree with this as well, but remember that he had those same bad knees for years when he was with the suns.. Sure, age would have eventually played a bigger part, plus playing with Nash makes everything much easier. It's more on the Knicks for giving him that contract than anything else.

Agreed. We were desperate for a splash after whiffing on Lebron but it was a bad move