NBA Discussion

fuck what a game last night. sorry mrs. fisher, im stealing your husband and taking him to a state we can marry.

I thought for sure they were going to lose that game. That was great to see Fish come up big in a clutch situation. Pietrus should be suspended for that cheap shot on Gasol while he was in the air. That was just flat out dirty.

So do the Lakers finish it off tomorrow or are we coming back to LA?

I think Lakers close it out in game 6 at home.

yeah LA fans are retarded.

thats a funny pic of Kobe though haha.

lakers deserved it this year though, orlando just fell apart and choked.

hmm page 17..the number of titles the Celtics have!

What? Don't be all bitter because your Celtics couldn't stay healthy and start talking about all LA fans.

What? Don't be all bitter because your Celtics couldn't stay healthy and start talking about all LA fans.

ha im not being bitter...obviously i didnt mean ALL LA fans, but kinda stupid when your team/city has a great victory and people start flipping cars and causing riots.

Dont make blanket staments on all Laker fans. Those people on TV flipping cars over and looting arent real Laker fans. They are retarded cholos with Laker jerseys on.

Orlando didnt really fall apart or choke, they flat out got beat by a better team. The Lakers blew them out in 2 games and the other 2 they won that were close were won because the Lakers are just a better team and have more experience and know how to win close playoff games....and cause we have Kobe. ;)

ha im not being bitter...obviously i didnt mean ALL LA fans, but kinda stupid when your team/city has a great victory and people start flipping cars and causing riots.

Sure but that happened in Montreal last time they won a Cup and they've got twenty or so of them. Its not an LA-only phenomenon.

I totally agree that the whole rioting/looting thing to "celebrate" a title is fucking ridiculous. Its pretty embarrassing as a fan. If they were rocking a car I was driving Id throw it in reverse and knock over anyone behind me and then put it in drive and gun it. If you get run over then too damn bad. Stop being an asshole and get out of the way!

Dont make blanket staments on all Laker fans. Those people on TV flipping cars over and looting arent real Laker fans. They are retarded cholos with Laker jerseys on.

Orlando didnt really fall apart or choke, they flat out got beat by a better team. The Lakers blew them out in 2 games and the other 2 they won that were close were won because the Lakers are just a better team and have more experience and know how to win close playoff games....and cause we have Kobe. ;)

winning at the end of the 1rst quarter in a do or die playoff game in your OWN staidum...and then losing by 10+ can be called a choke.

winning at the end of the 1rst quarter in a do or die playoff game in your OWN staidum...and then losing by 10+ can be called a choke.

Winning at the end of the first quarter is called blowing your load.

And if we're talking about chokes how about the Boston championship over the Lakers last year?

The Lakers CHOKED away a game at home big time. I don't think you were down-talking your win last year because of it. Its one thing to tense up its another thing to take advantage of it.

The series could have been 3-1 for the Magic, 2-2, 3-1 for the Lakers, or a 4-0 sweep easily. It doesn't change anything. The Lakers were a better team at the line, on defense, on offense, and were better coached.

They got beat. I dont think Orlando played a bad series, they just got out played by a much better team. When the Lakers are playing at their best there isnt any other team that can keep up and the Lakers played pretty damn good most of the series.

They got beat. I dont think Orlando played a bad series, they just got out played by a much better team. When the Lakers are playing at their best there isnt any other team that can keep up and the Lakers played pretty damn good most of the series.

yeah i agree the lakers are the better team, i would still consider that game a choke on orlando's side. game 5 do or die at home and your best players dont do shit.

although id have to disagree that no other team can keep up with the lakers at their best. the celtics at their own best can certainly keep up.

they didn't play bad, but its sad since if they made that alley-oop at the end of game 2 and played like they did in the 1st half in the 2nd half of game 4, it would have been a 3-2 series with orlando in the lead.

they didn't play bad, but its sad since if they made that alley-oop at the end of game 2 and played like they did in the 1st half in the 2nd half of game 4, it would have been a 3-2 series with orlando in the lead.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda, didn't.

Fact is, the team that wins the Championships earns it, period. All this talk about trying to take it away because Orlanda could have made an alley-oop or should have made free throws is plain dumb. Dwight Howard was not good enough to lead his team to a series win, Kobe was. Kobe had a more consistent team when it came to getting points and getting stops and over the last game and half of the Denver series everything came together for the Lakers. The Magic were not going to beat them 4 times in 7. They just weren't. Hell, it took a miracle shooting night for them to win once.

dont like the lakers, never have, but they were clearly the better team. with that said, the city/team/any halfway decent lakers fan should be completely embarrassed by these people flipping over cars, lighting fires, etc. no common sense there -- 'hey to celebrate our championship, lets cause chaos in our own city!" same goes for any other team.