NBA Discussion

dont like the lakers, never have, but they were clearly the better team. with that said, the city/team/any halfway decent lakers fan should be completely embarrassed by these people flipping over cars, lighting fires, etc. no common sense there -- 'hey to celebrate our championship, lets cause chaos in our own city!" same goes for any other team.

Please see one of my previous posts in this thread from today.

dont like the lakers, never have, but they were clearly the better team. with that said, the city/team/any halfway decent lakers fan should be completely embarrassed by these people flipping over cars, lighting fires, etc. no common sense there -- 'hey to celebrate our championship, lets cause chaos in our own city!" same goes for any other team.

yea you're previous post said "They are retarded cholos with Laker jerseys on". sorry, but to an outside perspective...people wearing lakers jerseys "celebrating" after a championship are considered lakers fans.

yea you're previous post said "They are retarded cholos with Laker jerseys on". sorry, but to an outside perspective...people wearing lakers jerseys "celebrating" after a championship are considered lakers fans.

I understand that but after than in a seperate post I also said I thought it was really stupid and that I was embarrassed because of this. It just gives a bad name to the good fans. I was just clarifying that those people are just idiots looking for a reason to loot and riot and not real fans. Hopefully there wont be any of this BS when they have the parade on Wednesday. They are expecting about 95,000 people to show up to that.

just read a little article and saw a few pics from the riots. WOW. people walking up on ramps of a highway, destroying parked cars, running out of a shoe store with 5 boxes of Nikes. like wtf?

wednesday could get pretty ugly, i hope for the city and true fans sake nothing gets too out of hand.

I think it will be a lot less destruction on Wednesday. I dont think things ever got out of control for the previous parades and people rioted after they won it before. There will be tons of cops for the parade. Its pathetic that people do this stuff. They are so fucking stupid.

just read a little article and saw a few pics from the riots. WOW. people walking up on ramps of a highway, destroying parked cars, running out of a shoe store with 5 boxes of Nikes. like wtf?

wednesday could get pretty ugly, i hope for the city and true fans sake nothing gets too out of hand.

So, let me see if I this, Lakers' fans are either totally uninvested fans who don't care or they're lunatics running up ramps of freeways, looting, and causing mayhem?

I just want to check to make sure I got this right because I'm confused, the two pictures don't seem to jive to me.

So, let me see if I this, Lakers' fans are either totally uninvested fans who don't care or they're lunatics running up ramps of freeways, looting, and causing mayhem?

I just want to check to make sure I got this right because I'm confused, the two pictures don't seem to jive to me.

... i dont really understand what you are saying. i called the non rioters "true fans" cause trav keeps saying all the rioters are dirty mexicans just causing a ruckus. now i think you're bringing it back to where i first said LA fans are retards....is this the case?

... i dont really understand what you are saying. i called the non rioters "true fans" cause trav keeps saying all the rioters are dirty mexicans just causing a ruckus. now i think you're bringing it back to where i first said LA fans are retards....is this the case?

haha I said stupid cholos, not dirty mexicans. BIG difference between those 2.

i think i would agree with both of those picks for both time constraints.

jordan/magic would be great together because jordan shot more and magic distributed more, but both could do everything well. you wouldn't want to put jordan and bird together because you've got 2 primarily shooting players and nobody who would distribute first. but you also wouldn't want to have somebody like stockton with jordan because jordan didn't play down in the post enough to offset stockton's lack of size. magic could play all 5 positions.

re-read the above paragraph, except jordan = kobe, magic = lebron, bird = dirk and stockton = chris paul (roughly, for comparisons sake).

All Time? I would go with Magic and Bill Russell. I think a team with Bill Russell would stand a good chance of defending Jordan.

I dont think Wilt or Bill Russel were THAT great. Yes, I said it. If they played today they would get dominated. Shaq was a better center than either of those guys. I think the reason they were so good is cause most teams didnt have guys as big as them. They were better cause they were bigger than just about everyone they played. Id say Kareem is the best center ever. A skyhook from Kareem is an unblockable shot.

why do you think that, sammy? bill russel wouldn't be guarding jordan. teams with players like olajuwon, ewing, robinson, etc. couldn't hold back jordan-led teams. why would russel be any different?

don't get me wrong, dude's got the heart of a champion, but he played in a different era and had 9 different Hall Of Fame teammates on his rosters throughout his career. 11 championships is downright stupid, i give you that, but if you had magic and bill russel on a team, who would be the scorer? magic would give you 20-25, russel would give you 10-15. those two players would be the start of a really good team, but they would still need a bonafide scorer to push them over the top (in my opinion).