NBA Discussion

Odom is soft, Bynum is immobile, and Pau is ok. I'll give you Z but defensively I think it's a wash. The difference was Mike Brown and Phil.

This soft thing is total bullshit. Just because they don't pound their chest like idiots ala KG doesn't make them soft.

And Bynum had fucking knee surgery. The kid was operating at 80%. He doesn't look like a lumbering giant like Z does.

Also Pau is one of the biggest chest pounders in the NBA. Right up there with KG.

I didn't say Odom sucked. I said he was soft. Just like Vince. I wish Odom wasn't such a marshmallow because he really beautiful to watch. Before he made it to the Lakers I would go out of my way to tune in whenever the Clips or the Heat were on.

EDIT: Ah from your edit I now see that you were talking about Bynum. Yeah he blows but if he ever get healthy I can see him being really good.

Odom is soft, Bynum is immobile, and Pau is ok. I'll give you Z but defensively I think it's a wash. The difference was Mike Brown and Phil.

I'll agree that I don't think that Mike Brown is an excellent coach (Neither is SVG). He's good, but not great. However, there is no way that I can agree that Big Z and Verajao are as good on D as the Laker trio.

Dwight completely out muscled Anderson V. and blew past Big Z. He simply could not do that with any of the Laker trio due to their size or athleticism. Granted, to your argument, Phil did bring the double/triple team.

I think that the person that did the best job on Dwight was K Perkins. I was really impressed on how he kept him out of the paint. Lakers had much more depth though since Powe was out.

In regards to the Vince deal, I agree. I really think it is stupid for numerous reasons. I could be wrong; it seems like people are 50/50 about the trade in Orlando.

I think:

1) We lose depth at PG. I know that Rafer was going no matter what, but if I was in Otis's shoes, I would be trying to deal Jameer and not Rafer.

2) We are paying more money to get Vince and will lose Turk because of it. I would rather pay less money and have a younger Turk.

3) Magic lose their best contract on the books with the young and upcoming Courtney Lee. This reminds me of the Magic trading Ariza, which would have been great on our team.

4) I think we were fine at the 2 with Pietrus and C Lee. I would have rather gone after a 4 instead. Maybe a Boozer or someone like that.

5) I just have no faith in Vince Carter. Period. I am not impressed.

Also Pau is one of the biggest chest pounders in the NBA. Right up there with KG.

I didn't say Odom sucked. I said he was soft. Just like Vince. I wish Odom wasn't such a marshmallow because he really beautiful to watch. Before he made it to the Lakers I would go out of my way to tune in whenever the Clips or the Heat were on.

EDIT: Ah from your edit I now see that you were talking about Bynum. Yeah he blows but if he ever get healthy I can see him being really good.

Most of this is so wrong. KG and Pau arent even comparable in their "celebrations". Pau gets excited when its a big game and he makes a play and gets his team pumped. KG will pound his chest against the Clippers in the 3rd game of the season but that doesnt matter at all. Pau isnt soft, but he isnt a big bruiser inside like Shaq or Howard. Hes more like a Duncan where hes just incredibly more skilled that anyone he's matched up with. He isnt the greatest defender in the world but hes got good size and length and great skill.

Also Odom isnt a soft player, he just isnt very consistent. When he's on he's as good as anyone he's matched up with. When he's off he struggles really badly. Being soft isnt his problem tho.

Bynum doesnt suck either. Hes only fucking 21. Give the guy a little time and let him get back to 100%. He should be in college and if he was he would be dominating college but since he came out of HS he's doing his best to learn as much as quickly as possible. Who know, he might never end up being that great but I think once he learns the NBA game he will be a much better player and most likely one of the better centers in the game. Plus having the greatest center of all time as your personal coach cant hurt.

On a side note Ive been hearing the Cavs are looking at Artest and Ariza. If they pick up both of those guys they could potentially win a championship next year. The Lakers better do everything they can to keep Ariza, he was crucial in that championship they just won. I dont think they would have won it with out him. I hear they are only offering about half what everyone else is offering. That really pisses me off. Next to Kobe and Gasol he is their best player just for the fact that he's more consistent that Odom.

Looks like Ariza is offended the Lakers are only offering the mid-level exception at around 5.7. The Cavs are offering the same but Ariza, being pissed at the Lakers, would rather leave.

All that is just rumor though.

If thats the truth then he needs to get over himself and stick around. Id rather stay in a good market, especially where I just won a title, even if it meant taking a little less cash. We shall see tho.

Most of this is so wrong. KG and Pau arent even comparable in their "celebrations". Pau gets excited when its a big game and he makes a play and gets his team pumped. KG will pound his chest against the Clippers in the 3rd game of the season but that doesnt matter at all. Pau isnt soft, but he isnt a big bruiser inside like Shaq or Howard. Hes more like a Duncan where hes just incredibly more skilled that anyone he's matched up with. He isnt the greatest defender in the world but hes got good size and length and great skill.

Also Odom isnt a soft player, he just isnt very consistent. When he's on he's as good as anyone he's matched up with. When he's off he struggles really badly. Being soft isnt his problem tho.

Bynum doesnt suck either. Hes only fucking 21. Give the guy a little time and let him get back to 100%. He should be in college and if he was he would be dominating college but since he came out of HS he's doing his best to learn as much as quickly as possible. Who know, he might never end up being that great but I think once he learns the NBA game he will be a much better player and most likely one of the better centers in the game. Plus having the greatest center of all time as your personal coach cant hurt.

On a side note Ive been hearing the Cavs are looking at Artest and Ariza. If they pick up both of those guys they could potentially win a championship next year. The Lakers better do everything they can to keep Ariza, he was crucial in that championship they just won. I dont think they would have won it with out him. I hear they are only offering about half what everyone else is offering. That really pisses me off. Next to Kobe and Gasol he is their best player just for the fact that he's more consistent that Odom.

1) I never said Pau was soft, in fact I said the opposite.

2) I said more than anything Odom is mentally soft. How many big free throws has he missed in his career? How many no-shows in big games?

3) I agree that Bynum has potential and is decent with 2 knees. I was merely commenting on the fact that he fucking sucked this year. I know why he sucked, injuries, youth etc, but that doesn't change the fact that he was fucking awful when he came back.

Why are teams still afraid of Artest? He should be worth way more than 6 a year. He was the heart and soul of a really scrappy Houston team this year, and was a pretty good citizen in Sacramento too. I don't get it, players have done worse things than his part of the melee in Detroit. I'd take a guy like Artest over Vince Carter any day.

Ariza is younger than Artest. Im ok with having either guy as long as we have one but this is a definite upgrade.

Now the Lakers have a shut down defender and dont have to put Kobe on the other teams best player which is a huge help.

Had a feeling they were going to lose Ariza but getting Artest makes me forget all about it.

Hopefully the Celtics dont sign Wallace.

I would have traded Ariza for Artest in a heart beat. Odom gets along well with Ron and so does Kobe. I think this move makes the Lakers much better for the next 3-4 years. Then it'll be transition time from Kobe to Bynum/Gasol and the team should look a lot like the Spurs when they had Robinson and Duncan. Laker life is good right now.

Some dude thats a NBA analyst or writer was on Sportscenter last nite talking about this and said the Lakers already had a good chance of repeating but now its almost certain that they will. I think its just a bit early to be saying a repeat is almost certain.

He was right about one thing tho...he also said they Kobe and Artest will provide the best perimeter defense in the league and could be backed up by three 7 footers and at times, it wont even seem fair, even in the playoffs. I have to agree with that.