NBA Discussion

Yeah Nate played well off the Bench for sure, I wouldnt want him running point the entire game though, but i definately have a little more faith in him for 3 mins here and 3 mins there.

Gotta wonder what happened to the Celtics those last 2 games, esp when this win and their last win were so dominant....*coughriggedcough*

Game 5 was one of the most frustrating and biased games I've ever seen. The Magic played well but it was definitely in their favor. I think Nate running back up PG for Rondo won't be a big deal. Apparently Tony Allen isn't 100% so Nate is the better option and can actually shoot 3s and thinks he can do anything (like block Dwight Howard, which he did).

Lakers and Celtics for the millionth time. I wish I cared for either of these teams.

Seriously. I hate that it's always the same teams winning every year in the NBA. In my lifetime only 7 franchises have won the title.

I think the Celtics are going to win again this year. They were more impressive in the playoffs than LAL and played better teams.

Yea Kobe looked incredible, he had a great game. He hit so many insane shots last nite.

Anyone see him hit that off balance shot right next to the suns coach and then tap him on the ass before running back down the court? haha

If I had to pick 2 teams to be in the Finals before the season started it would be these 2. I almost forgot how much i despise the Celtics....and all Boston teams for that matter haha.

Lakers are gonna take this.

Kobe never ceases to amaze me with his ability to make late game shots no matter how well defended he is. At this point I basically expect every shot to go in. Nobody else in the league is even close to him when it comes to situations like that.

Im obviously a Kobe fan but this is exactly why I still take Kobe on my team over any other player any day. Yes LeBron is probably the single best player on the planet skill-wise and he was during the regular season. When it really counts Kobe shows up much bigger though. Yes Kobe has more to work with but Kobe takes over big time in playoff games when he needs to. LeBron has still yet to do that. LeBrons got plenty of time to catch up but still for now, I think Kobe is still the best overall player.

I agree completely with all of that as well.

I have never been a Kobe fan, but it's like he knows that he is going to make every shot he takes. At the end of game 5 against the Suns, I probably said to myself "My god, he is SO GOOD" 20 times in the last two quarters. I really think Kobe is "The Next Jordan", at least on the court.

Also, I had the (mis)pleasure of being at the game when he scored 81 points, so I've seen how much damage he can do in person.

Don't let the Kobe heroics fool you. Phoenix plays defense about as well for the Newark School For the Blind.

This series really comes down to how the refs are going to call it, but I'm going Celtics in 6.

Its Celts in 5 or not at all. They're not closing out the Lakers at home. At least I don't see them doing it. If Artest shuts down Pierce, Lakers win. If the Celtics shutdown Kobe and Artest doesn't shut down Pierce, Lakers lose ala 2008. All that said, I think its Lakers in 6 or 7.

If Lakers win both of these first two home games, its the Lake Show in 6. If they don't, its the Lake Show in 7.

Don't let the Kobe heroics fool you. Phoenix plays defense about as well for the Newark School For the Blind.

This series really comes down to how the refs are going to call it, but I'm going Celtics in 6.

The refs are not going to decide this. Unless there some horrible call at the end of a game or something.

NO ONE can guard Kobe, especially when he is "on". The best defender in the world couldnt stop Kobe. His offense is far far far superior to any one person's defense.

Its not like Kobe has only had a good series against Phoenix. He does this ALL the time, every year.

haha That was hilarious.

Was happy to see how the game turned out and the Lakers played very well. They dominated just about every single aspect of the game but even if they win both games in LA and go to Boston up 2-0, thats really just what they were suppose to do anyways.

Lakers will need Gasol to keep up exactly what he was doing last nite. I love watching him play.

Seriously, is there another big man in the game who is even close to him? I guess Howard is a better defender but Gasol is a an above average defender and is WAY WAY WAY better than Howard on offense. If Howard doesnt get within 5 ft. of the basket, he isnt scoring.

Im sure next game is going to be a lot tougher than game 1.

At least it was kinda close for a half, 13 point win doesnt speak to the point of that was total domination...forcing rondo to make jumpers and ray drive the lane...great D on the Lakers end for sure. Perk/KG combined got 7 rebounds..pau got 8 offensive ones...

I am thinking game 2 will be tougher and maybe have a different outcome..hoping at least..

odom was more or less non existant and the c's still got bashed..heres to sunday..

I really haven't heard anyone talking about it, but I think this had a real impact on game 1. The refs called that game ridiculously tight which = advantage Lakers. They called it the same for both teams, but it hurts the Celtics more because they are the more physical team. The phantom/touch calls on Ray Allen were especially bad.

The Lakers probably would have won that game anyway but I hate watching games that are called that way.