NBA Discussion

This series really comes down to how the refs are going to call it, but I'm going Celtics in 6.

I really haven't heard anyone talking about it, but I think this had a real impact on game 1. The refs called that game ridiculously tight which = advantage Lakers. They called it the same for both teams, but it hurts the Celtics more because they are the more physical team. The phantom/touch calls on Ray Allen were especially bad.

The Lakers probably would have won that game anyway but I hate watching games that are called that way.

Kobe's second foul was a horrendous call. The calls were tight but they cut both ways. The fouls were basically even going in to the half. Odom had 3, Kobe had 2 quick ones, everyone was in foul trouble.

I really haven't heard anyone talking about it, but I think this had a real impact on game 1. The refs called that game ridiculously tight which = advantage Lakers. They called it the same for both teams, but it hurts the Celtics more because they are the more physical team. The phantom/touch calls on Ray Allen were especially bad.

The Lakers probably would have won that game anyway but I hate watching games that are called that way.

Kobe's second foul was a horrendous call. The calls were tight but they cut both ways. The fouls were basically even going in to the half. Odom had 3, Kobe had 2 quick ones, everyone was in foul trouble.

Kobe gets away with some ridiculous non-calls too so it kinda balances out. That dunk block on Tony Allen was alllllll hand.

Kobe gets away with some ridiculous non-calls too so it kinda balances out. That dunk block on Tony Allen was alllllll hand.

Everyone gets away with things, here and there. Kobe got fouled a few times with nothing called. All I'm saying is, the foul calls evened out and didn't provide any team with a heavy advantage that swayed the game.

I have a weird relationship with the Celtics. I have really liked Allen, Pierce and Garnett since they all came into the league, especially Ray Allen. I'd put all three of them in my top 10 favorite NBA players of all time, and yet I just cannot bring myself to cheer for Boston.

I don't know if it's just the attitude when the three of them get together or what, but I can't stand that team.

The refs need to relax. They have been calling it way too tight like its already gotten out of control. They killed the Celtics in the first game and killed the Lakers in the second game. Especially on Kobe's 5th foul, Rondo stole the ball and then jumped out of bounds and Kobe didnt even touch him. Just 1 of many bad foul calls. I guess its fair tho, they are calling it tight both ways.

Also, fuck Ray Allen, seriously. That dude does not miss and the Lakers kept leaving him open.

Put annoying Vujacic on him and tell him to not leave Allen for a second.

Lakers in 6.

I hate the way the refs are calling it but it's been consistently terrible on both sides so no team can entirely blame them. Kobe should have fouled out at the end (I know at least one of his charges wasn't a legit foul) but when he already had 5 and went against Rondo and Ray Allen he clearly fouled Allen but they let it slide. That's why I think they let the Celtics have that out of bounds reviewed play at the end when it was clearly off KG.

I don't necessarily think the fouls have been even so much as they've evened out. The Celts got killed in the first game, the Lakers in the second. Its silly.

I actually am really growing to dislike the Celtics because KG, Allen, and Pierce all get yappy when they're ahead but quiet when they're not. Same thing as in 2008, they're a great front-running team.

I dont think Kobe fouled Ray Allen at the end, actually. He jumped straight up. Normally they will call that a foul (even though its not) but they knew in that situation they would be getting "Jim Joyced" if they called a 6th foul on Kobe on some stupid shit like that.

Says a lot for their reviewing when they review something that is clearly one way and they still dont over turn the call.

I use to like KG a lot but not so much anymore. He acts like a big baby a lot of the time.

Pierce said some dumb shit about how Boston fans are better because in LA its a lot of celebrities at the games who just wanna get on TV. Yea the Lakers always have celebs at their games cause they play in LA. I always see famous people on TV at Knicks games too. Shit, I see celebs in Boston! Yes, most celebs just want to be seen at the game to look cool or whatever but that represents like 0.0000001% of Lakers fans.

I just dont like Ray Allen cause he doesnt miss.

While most of the time I don't mind the celebs at Lakers games, it did bother me that in game one of the NBA FINALS, you have Sandler, Rock, Spade and James sitting courtside solely to promote their new movie. That really rubbed me the wrong way.

I like the celebs who are real fans like Jack, Leo DiCaprio, Andy Garcia, and a few others.

Yea it was kinda lame to put the Grown Ups cast right next to the bench. I do know that Sandler is a HUGE basketball fan tho. At Sony Studios (where Happy Madison's production company is) he has a basketball court over there called Happy Madison Square Garden. Chris Rock use to do the voice for "Little Penny" in those commercials too so I assume he is a NBA fan. I guess Rob Schneider wasnt cool enough to get the invite for that one haha.

Andy Garcia looked like fucking Colonel Sanders.

I agree that the last non call on Kobe might technically not have been a foul, but I was just saying that by the standard that the refs used the rest of the night it definitely should have been called. There were a couple of clean blocks by the Celtics that had less contact than that play that were called is all I'm saying. I hate the way the refs have called both games, it's the finals so they should let them play a little rougher instead of calling every little bit of contact because it just slows down the game and make it boring and makes most of the key players not be able to play like they need to.

Paul Pierce just gave the Lakers some killer bulletin board material. "We ain't coming back to L.A." is what he's quoted as saying. Interesting.

The media might have blown this out of proportion and out of context like they did with what Gasol said about KG after game 1.

Still, if it gets the Lakers more pumped up then Im all for it.

They are 100% for sure coming back to LA tho. There is no way they are taking 4 straight from the Lakers who havent lost 4 straight in years.

I actually am really growing to dislike the Celtics because KG, Allen, and Pierce all get yappy when they're ahead but quiet when they're not. Same thing as in 2008, they're a great front-running team.

No shit. This is why I've never liked the Celtics, OR the Lakers. Kobe is probably the biggest baby out there, next to KG.

I don't get all the Allen hate though (aside from Travis, if I were a Laker fan I'd hate him too.)

he seems like a stand-up guy, and is chill on the court about 98% of the time.

I only saw him say something after he made a shot after about the 6th 3ptr.

I'd imagine he was saying something along the lines of "HOLY FUCKING SHIT."

Come on though. His foundation has the motto "W.W.J.S.D"...

that is fucking awesome!

No shit. This is why I've never liked the Celtics, OR the Lakers. Kobe is probably the biggest baby out there, next to KG.

Eh, Kobe yaps all the time.