NBA Discussion

The Lakers are use to playing without Bynum. They do it all the time.

The Celtics count on Perkins a lot more than the Lakers count on Bynum.

If Bynum can just play even 15-20 min that would be a big help.

Im so stoked for game 7. If at the beginning of the season I could pick a way for the season to end it would be a game 7 between these 2 teams.

Celtics need Perk. I have about 10% in Sheed to play well. If he gets a foul called on him. He will cry up the river, get a T, out of the game, and then Sheldon f'n Williams is in the game with Marquis Daniels. Davis is hit or miss. I like his energy, but the Shrek and Donkey show was 2-11 last nite.

Perk is a stronger big than Davis, though Sheed is faster and can sometimes (emphasis) drain a jump shot. I wouldn't bet my house, car, records, or office that Perk can make the shots Sheed can, but I would also not bet those on Sheed vs. Perk in the paint..

I agree with Travis above. Game 7, Boston/LA. Glorious.

I guarantee that Sheed will "pull the chair" on Gasol at least once in game 7. I'm pretty sure that's happened in every game so far.

And I guarantee he'll run around like a moron when he obviously fouls someone.

I would be disappointed if he didn't do that.

This may be a dumb question, but Sheed still gets 2 techs in this game before being ejected right? It's not 1 because he's at the suspension limit, is it?

And I guarantee he'll run around like a moron when he obviously fouls someone.

I would be disappointed if he didn't do that.

This may be a dumb question, but Sheed still gets 2 techs in this game before being ejected right? It's not 1 because he's at the suspension limit, is it?

I was seriously thinking the same thing just now. I assume he gets 2 before being ejected. If there was another game and he got just 1 tech he'd get to finish the game and then be suspended for the next one.

yes, he's allowed 2 techs in game 7.

i'm honestly surprised that the lakers didn't purposely try to get 'sheed a technical in the 4th quarter last night. the game was in hand, so it's not like they couldn't have afforded the fuck around a little bit. they should have sent in somebody crappy at the end of the bench to get under wallace's skin and get him a T. then he'd have to just sit completely in the most important game of the year. add that to Perkins' injury, and it would have basically been a no-doubter that the Lakers raise another banner.

[image]

Hell yes! That was the best Finals win by the Lakers that Ive ever experienced.

Seriously tho, fuck these "fans" starting all this trouble outside the Staples Center right now. Fighting people, jumping on and attacking cars and throwing shit and trying to flip stuff over. These people are pathetic and make me sick. They give the Lakers and their real fans a band name. They are just local thugs and gang members who all ran down to the Staples Center just to start shit.

Im not suprised its happening but this is just disgusting.

Congrats to Travis, Sammy and all the other LA fans on here!

Down the stretch as Kobe kept missing shots and LA kept missing free throws I thought they were done. Their offensive rebounding really saved their asses. 23 offensive rebounds! Gasol alone had 9 of them! Unreal.

This should be a hard loss to swallow for Boston. That game was theirs for the taking and they blew it.

Yeah I agree, Artest kept them in the game. I am honestly shocked the score wasn't higher due to more Boston turnovers, and more offensive rebounds on the Laker side. Boston had the game for 3 quarters, then pissed away a 13 point lead. At that point, the Lakers deserved to win, and they did.

was a heck of a series, and we will see what next year brings. Have fun @ the parade guys.

That was probably the grimiest basketball game I've ever seen. It wasn't even fun to watch. Like van Gundy said, I understand letting them play, but there comes a point when you have to start calling some things. I've played in streetball games with more fouls called than that game.

If the Celtics had won, who gets MVP? I'd say they would probably give it to Pierce, but I think Rondo would have deserved it more.

Both teams played incredible defense the whole game.

The Lakers played some of the worst offense Ive ever seen them play for 3 1/2 quarters and I still dont know how they won that game. I guess rebounding and those second chance points kept them in it long enough til they could make a run at the end.

Rondo probably gets MVP if the Celtics win it. I believe he almost had another triple-double last nite.

Both teams played incredible defense the whole game.

The Lakers played some of the worst offense Ive ever seen them play for 3 1/2 quarters and I still dont know how they won that game. I guess rebounding and those second chance points kept them in it long enough til they could make a run at the end.

Rondo probably gets MVP if the Celtics win it. I believe he almost had another triple-double last nite.

Kobe was the best player consistently through the Finals and I believe he wins the MVP even if the Lakers had lost. Now, given his performance last night I'm not 100% sure but before last night I thought it to be the case.

Kobe was hands down the best/most consistent player in the Finals. There is no way they would have given him the MVP if they lost the series though.

Anyone see Doc Rivers in the press conference after the game?

Saying some shit about how he told his team that they didnt get a real shot to defend their title against the Lakers cause Perkins was out and that their real starting 5 still hasnt lost a Finals. What an asshole. I have no problem with Doc and think hes a good coach but thats some bullshit.

Maybe he doesnt remember but in 08 Bynum didnt play at all so I guess the Lakers "real" starting 5 havent lost a Finals yet either. Plus Perkins played way more minutes that Bynum did thru this whole series.