NBA Discussion

Cant wait to watch the game tonite. I think the Lakers are getting their rings before the game.

The rings they got last year were ridiculous, I wonder how they are going to "out-do" those. Hopefully they dont get caught up in all that too much tonite and forget to come out and play hard.

I think their team is better than last year.

Steve Blake for MVP! haha

Seriously tho, he looked really good last nite. Im glad to have Barnes on the team, but he looks a little lost in the triangle. I think he might be like Artest was last year. Still good and a welcomed addition to the team but will usually look a little lost within that offense. Who knows, its only game 1 of the season, hopefully he picks up the offense quicker than Artest did.

Travis I missed the Lakers game how was it? Sports articles won't do me as much good as someone like you would.

The ring ceremony was pretty cool. Each guy that came out to get their rin introduced the next guy to get their ring. Different thing to do for these and I thought it was cool.

Lakers came out very strong and took a little lead then I dunno what happened, just stopped doing what they were doing at the beggining. They were down by quite a bit in the middle of the game. Finally made a run at the end and took the lead and it went back and forth a bit at the end. Blake hit a big 3 at the end to put them up by 2. Rockets got the last shot and the ball got tipped out and given to the Lakers but after they reviewed it, Odom knocked it out so they gave it to the Rockets with only a couple seconds left and one of their little guards (forget his name) went under the baskt and tried to get a lay up to tie it but Odom stuffed it without even jumping. It was a good game.

Glad the Celtics beat Miami too, good start to the NBA season.

Shit that sounds intense man.

Yeah I am also glad the Heat lost. Was a weird vibe in the Garden though. People started yelling at Lebron chanting overrated an all this shit, then it got REAL quiet and he started knocking in 3's etc. I was torn between wishing for a game like you had for the Lakers, and wishing for a complete dismantling of the Heat.

The Rockets were just hitting everything the first half, it was crazy. Their last out of bounds play was really dumb because they took their smallest player, Aaron Brooks, and had him try to go right up and do a reverse layup. He is a really good shooter and they also had bigger guys who might could have actually got the layup so I didn't understand that. I wanted the Lakers to lose but honestly it works out best for me that the Rockets lost because I know the Lakers are making the playoffs, I just need all the other Western teams to do bad so the Grizzlies make it in.

ATL didn't look bad at all but the Grizzlies didn't have much of a chance. Their starting Center and PF didn't even play other than Randolph getting a couple of minutes before he got hurt. Luckily it just looks like he is gonna have a bad bruise and be sore.

The positives for the Grizzlies:

-Mike Conley is playing out of his mind. If he keeps this up they need to extend him immediately.

-Darrell Arthur also had an amazing game. Him coming off the bench will be a huge help this year since he missed 50+ games last year.

-Sam Young also is a huge spark and playmaker off the bench.

-Xavier Henry played really well too and started looking comfortable.

-Gay played well in spurts but foul trouble killed him. Mayo had a decent enough game.

Negatives:

-Acie Law, Thabeet, Tony Allen, and Demare Carroll all played awful. Just bad.

-Need better defense and rebounding. Obviously once Gasol and Randolph are back in that will improve.

The number one thing they need to do is have Hadaddi as the back up Center. They didn't play him until the last 4 minutes of the game and he immediate had a couple rebounds and a block in less than a minute. Thabeet still seems like he doesn't know what's going on. Everytime he came in the crowd booed him and when Hadaddi came in everyone cheered so much. Memphis loves Hadaddi.