"Rarest Record Of All Time" on eBay (Beatles LP)

From that article:

Record Collector magazine's Top Five Most Expensive rarities

1 The Quarry Men That'll Be The Day/In Spite of All the Danger (10-inch 78 rpm acetate plain sleeve one copy) 1958 £100,000/priceless.

2 The Quarry Men That'll Be The Day/In Spite of All the Danger(7 inch and 10 inch copies of 1958 acetate Parlophone sleeves) 1981 £10,000. 25 copies of each.

3 Sex Pistols God Save The Queen/No Feelings (A&M AMS 7284) £7,500+. 300 copies only. Beware: much bootlegged.

4 The Beatles "White Album" (Apple PMC/PCS 7067/8) Initial plain white sleeve embossed with numbered copies 1 to 1,000. £5,000 to £8,000 for those numbered 1-10. Next 900 numbered copies usually fetch around £1,000 each.

5 Sex Pistols Anarchy In The UK/No Fun (EMI 401) 7 inch 1976 £6,000+ Double sided acetate three copies of which are known to exist.

i have no info on this records pressings (in terms of stamped numbers, countries pressed in, blah blah blah), but is 30 bucks for a decent shaped copy of this a good or bad price? It is stamped with numbers on the front cover and has the apple label center stickers. Is it suppose to come with inserts? any info would be appreciated.

i have no info on this records pressings (in terms of stamped numbers, countries pressed in, blah blah blah), but is 30 bucks for a decent shaped copy of this a good or bad price? It is stamped with numbers on the front cover and has the apple label center stickers. Is it suppose to come with inserts? any info would be appreciated.

It is supposed to have inserts I believe. I'm pretty sure it came with individual pictures of each member inside. Not sure about whether the price is good though. My copy is in shit condition, as are all my beatles records, but I only paid like $6 for it.

my copy is 606,435. Which I guess isn't too high. I dont know if I could ever sell my copy.. when I hold it, its like a piece of musical history.

Its not about a number, its about the music inside the sleeve that changed so much about music. Even if it was un-numbered I would be hard pressed to sell it.

I always thought that the most rare/expensive record was the lennon/yoko album that was sigined lennon signed for mark david chapman the day before the shooting, forgot the price tag on it...something insane.

An earlier post in this thread has a link to a story about this. But really, with this, you're paying for the history (morbid though it may be) rather than the record itself. If I took a copy of Frampton Comes Alive and hit the Queen of England in the face with it, it would increase the price tag but the record still wouldn't be worth a damn.

I always thought that the most rare/expensive record was the lennon/yoko album that was sigined lennon signed for mark david chapman the day before the shooting, forgot the price tag on it...something insane.

An earlier post in this thread has a link to a story about this. But really, with this, you're paying for the history (morbid though it may be) rather than the record itself. If I took a copy of Frampton Comes Alive and hit the Queen of England in the face with it, it would increase the price tag but the record still wouldn't be worth a damn.

Point taken, good use of a frampton comes alive joke as well.