apocalypse hoboken pressing question

mclz

cool thanks.

oh yeah and press mexican cheerleader on vinyl. i really liked the songs i heard from a sampler you sent me and songs on the internet, but i recently found out it is members of ah and oblivion, 2 bands i love.

maybe, they're working on a new record right now so when it's ready IU'll probably just put it out on vinyl only or do a limited CD version, I'm sitting on waaay too many of their CDs to bother making another one...I'd love to do all the records on vinyl but it's a hefty price tag for a band that plays 3 shows a year.

So to completely derail this thread does anyone know all of Sidekick Katos stuff

I know of:

First class chump LP

I think I'm in Love LP

Des Plaines 7

split with Apocalypse Hoboken

...anything else?

I wanna say I have a song on a comp...and I wanna say it's a 7" comp, I'll nose around this weekend.

I think all we hae left are black copies.

I also personally have one with a slightly different cover too...I'll post pics this weekend sometime.

is there a way to tell the difference between the original and the '98 repress of jerk lessons cause i've had mine forever, i think its a 1st press but i don't know.

So to completely derail this thread does anyone know all of Sidekick Katos stuff

I know of:

First class chump LP

I think I'm in Love LP

Des Plaines 7

...anything else?

Compound Red / Sidekick Kato 7" - Clique

v/a: Very Punk Christmas 2x7" - Further Beyond/Rocco (gauge, sidekick kato, 88 fingers louie, the fighters, blue meanies, cap'n jazz, bollweevils, oblivion)

v/a: Marc's a Dick & Gar's A Drunk: The Johann's Face Story 12" - Johann's Face - black (the strike, traitors, oblivion, smoking popes, not rebecca, alkaline trio, no empathy, god's reflex, apocalypse hoboken, sidekick kato, cletus, j church, the flavor channel, the smoothies, international hoodwink)

• 13 years later...
On 11/21/2008 at 1:14 AM, tankerdesk said:

I know of:

First class chump LP

I think I'm in Love LP

Des Plaines 7

...anything else?

Yes. They did a spilt 7” with compound red, pretty sure they have a a song on the planet minivan comp that only came out on CD at the time. I want to say dyslexic records put that out. If you go to Dupage county hardcores site on band camp, they have the demo from the album which was never released and was in the works when they broke up. Des Plaines 7” is my most regretted pawn aside from jerkwater’s 7” they also had a song on a 4 way split 7” with trusty, hellbender and chisel that came with the tatterfrock zine issue 8. Was actually a pretty well put together zine considering this would have been mid 90’s. If anyone is interested in selling Des plaines 7” or the jerkwater 7”, or Hoboken’s Kingpin 7” I’m trying to get those back. I have a few gems from the Chicago and surrounding area scene from that era that I’d be willing to trade. If you have all 3 I have an original apocalypse Hoboken demo tape of the rising son of a bitch album given to me by Sean right before album came out. Still has songs that eventually were cut from album and either became 7” releases or ended up on compilations. I only listened to it once or twice. Also have a Life in Helgin compilation tape from the 3rd floor loft days that was compiled from 89-91 or 92. June 24-25th Hoboken, Boris the sprinkler, wig and some other rif raf are playing chop shop on north ave. Tell a friend to tell a friend. 

-C.